Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fuck Wolf

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    You have to have good songs, a good show and be with people who are serious about making it work. Today you need to know how to run a business because nobody is going to give you a record deal and run things for you. Basically you will be running your own entertainment business. You start small and grow it yourself. You might not get rich doing it but it’s possible to make a living still.
    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    You have to be willing to starve for your art. You can always find better paying jobs doing something else in the beginning.

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    That was the thing about it post-high school, in that going through a sequence of bass players, drummers and keyboardists I could never find anybody was in it for the long haul or really serious about being a musician. Ran into a lot of people for whom playing music was a hobby. Couldn't even get everybody to show up to practice at a time agreed upon in advance. Dunno if it was just bad luck or just not looking hard enough for the right people or what it was. Wouldn't have made it big anyway, but for me it was as much for the sheer enjoyment of playing as it was any pipe dreams...it always had been. Frankly, I wasn't willing to starve for it, either. After that last go-round with the stoner drummer who wouldn't leave his room (and didn't even own any drums) I said fuck it to any thoughts of putting together a traditional hard rock combo.

Music scene in the early 90's - when I said fuck it - was changing, anyway. Within a couple of years of saying fuck it, half the clubs that I saw live bands at in the 80's had been remodeled and turned into techno dance clubs. The clubs that hadn't been remodeled and still had live bands eventually had countless numbers of local groups playing grunge-type music.
    Scramby eggs and bacon.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Everyone I know who seriously did the band thing dropped out and became a sound engineer. They have done well in that field. Most the people in the music industry were in bands at one point. Most the people who make the equipment were. There just have to be the right mix of things to make it.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I had friends who became guns for hire. They would work for the carting companies in LA and jam in bands. They eventually got hired for tours. The problem is the demand for cartage and equipment rentals is way down because there isn’t the studio demand there was. Demand for bands isn’t what it was. My dad made great money having a dance band in the late 40’s and early 50’s.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Well life just steers you where you go. Life is failing, learning from the mistakes and soldiering on. Most stuff you try fails.

Roth Army Recruit
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I appreciate Wolf getting the band back together. I would have preferred Mikey but I don’t think we would have seen VH again if it wasn’t for Wolf. That being said the young man is delusional and has been nipping at Diamond Dave for years now. Fuck around and find out comes to mind.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    The kid seems miserable. He even said if he doesn’t stay busy he lays in bed depressed. He’s got the enthusiasm of jock itch.

Roth Army Recruit
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    This is the kind of stud his wife was looking for. The name, fame and bank account had nothing to do with it. It was his
    musical talent and charm! Even if he wasn’t a Van Halen and was just trying to make it in the local bar/club scene with his music she would have fallen for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Express View Post
    The kid seems miserable. He even said if he doesn’t stay busy he lays in bed depressed. He’s got the enthusiasm of jock itch.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    His wife graduated in computer science and is a software engineer. She doesn’t need Wolf but he’s got access to wealth and things she never would get on her own. Some people get fame struck and having backstage access to major television shows and big musical events is important to them. Who knows what her psychology is.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    He didn’t seem all that happy to get married and he doesn’t seem that happy about anything. This guy has zero charisma. God has ejaculated golden glitter all over his ungrateful ass and he doesn’t care. He’s really just another trust fund kid but instead of painting shitty paintings in a New York loft he makes mediocre music and gets attention because he’s Eddie’s son. His biggest asset is his last name.

Thread Information