Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nitro Express
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

Jani is classy enough to not go into all of Ed’s problems but she got him a comfort dog. Ed was dealing with some trauma and she said that dog really helped him. He took it everywhere. But Ed when he got better had a twinkle in his eye.
    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Rikk
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
      No pro is going to get on social media and insult and fight with fans. You go on social media to promote your band and thank the fans for supporting you. But like mother like son. Only a fool spills their soul on social media.
      This. Exactly.

NO PROFESSIONAL GOES ON SOCIAL MEDIA TO ATTACK FANS!! (And why would they even want to act like this?? It's just so crazy and completely lacking in class!!)

But...Irving Azoff did not keep WolfGangbabg as a client. I wouldn't be surprised if Azoff saw no future in the kid and dumped him...but it also could be that Van Halen paranoia (about "outsiders") creeping in. SO...who does WolfGangbang get as his manager? His mom's fucking brother (the same brother who Eddie thought was a "moocher"). If this loser uncle of WolfGangbang's was even a decent manager, he would have advised WolfGangbang to "stop attacking fans online"...right away!
      Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
      Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• Rikk
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jan 2004

Jani is classy enough to not go into all of Ed’s problems but she got him a comfort dog. Ed was dealing with some trauma and she said that dog really helped him. He took it everywhere. But Ed when he got better had a twinkle in his eye.
        Interesting.

And another thing that just reflects badly on Valerie.

Why the fuck did she think it was right to write a book so soon after Eddie died, going on and on about their relationship like they were soulmates...AND ALSO TALKING ABOUT ED'S MARRIAGE TO JANI BEING "ALL BUT FINISHED"?

That's just lame. Eddie died. JANI was the widow, not VALERIE. But she just had to write a book, bitching about Edward's second marriage.
        Roth Army Militia

Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• Nitro Express
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

Wolf is definitely more like his mom. Ed was like Jimi Hendrix. A power house on stage but self depreciating about their talent and quiet and reserved when they weren’t performing.

Comment

• Nitro Express
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

I think Valerie is a pretty rotten person. It’s all about her and she’s very controlling. Yeah when she started going Ed was mine after Ed’s death I’m like you divorced yourself from him and he’s no longer yours. He belongs to another woman.

Comment

• Nitro Express
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

Yeah the marriage was finished but you saw Ed and Jani together all the time and they looked really happy together. I think Val is jealous of wife number two.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by Rikk
                Interesting.

And another thing that just reflects badly on Valerie.

Why the fuck did she think it was right to write a book so soon after Eddie died, going on and on about their relationship like they were soulmates...AND ALSO TALKING ABOUT ED'S MARRIAGE TO JANI BEING "ALL BUT FINISHED"?

That's just lame. Eddie died. JANI was the widow, not VALERIE. But she just had to write a book, bitching about Edward's second marriage.
                I remember when that book came out, I was listening to a Dave & Dave Unchained podcast and they were reading all of the shit Val was saying about Ed’s marriage being in trouble (while hers was too, apparently) and it just came off as gross. Even those guys were like, how’s about having some class, Val? She mentioned how Ed got her some gold brick as a gift when he was in Germany for his treatments and said to her, “is it strange that I got you something, but nothing for my wife?” What a total cunt move putting that to print.

I have no friggin’ idea what happened to Ed and Jani’s relationship, and that makes sense because it’s none of my business! If they made their troubles public with some feud in a restaurant or something and TMZ is spewing about it, that’s one thing. But what ever problems they were having, NONE OF US would have known jack shit about it if it weren’t for the stark raving mad attention whore. Kudos to Jani for literally never presenting a retort. I actually felt her parting words to Ed via social media were rather sweet. She says something to the effect of their relationship not always being smooth. Beyond that, nothing more needed to be said in a public address. Hats off to the lady.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                  ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

I was just watching some Van Halen live footage from 2012...and MeatWolf wasn't exactly Karen Carpenter...but he looked...okay. Comparing his weight from where he was a decade ago to where he is now...
                  It is literally difficult to actually look at Wolfgang!! He just looks so gross, so huge... I know I sound mean, but it's fucking disgusting!!!
                  Well, if they ever decide to do another film adaptation of Where The Wild Things Are, I know a guy.

Comment

• Rikk
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jan 2004

I think Valerie is a pretty rotten person. It’s all about her and she’s very controlling. Yeah when she started going Ed was mine after Ed’s death I’m like you divorced yourself from him and he’s no longer yours. He belongs to another woman.
                    Priscilla did the same fucking thing. (This is a longer post...but it's really worth a read...Valerie really is a lot like Priscilla!!)

She left Elvis in late 1971. She completely left him...moved to California...took his daughter with her...she was finished.

BUT...to this day...she acts like she was the fucking widow. This isn't well-known, but most of Elvis' "Memphis Mafia" (most of whom were actually good guys who really loved Elvis and tried to help him) absolutely hated Priscilla. They thought she was a gold-digging, self-serving asshole. She never came to stay at Graceland after she left Elvis (she still calls it "my home") and she cheated on Elvis with his karate teacher while they were married (not that Elvis was, in any way, faithful to her).

BUT...the minute Elvis died, she immediately made herself the grieving widow...and she's worked hard to erase Elvis' girlfriend, Linda Thompson, from the Elvis history books. Linda Thompson was with Elvis from 1972-1976. She lives at Graceland, she became very close to Lisa Marie...and EVERYONE in Elvis' circle loved her. They all said that she cared much more about Elvis than Priscilla ever did.

When Elvis died (this is a true story), the very first person Lisa Marie (aged 9, staying at the house when they found him dead) called was Linda Thompson...NOT her mom.

And a (little-known) true story...the day Elvis died, Vernon Presley (Elvis' dad) called Linda Thompson (who'd only left Elvis 9 months earlier) and said that he and Lisa Marie wanted her to be there. Linda agreed and Vernon told Linda that he was sending Elvis' plane to pick up Linda (he was also sending the plane to pick up Priscilla). BUT...when Priscilla found out that the plane that was coming to get her was also going to pick up Linda Thompson, she called Linda herself and told her that she was going to tell the pilot to NOT pick up Linda (because she thought it would be "awkward" for her to be on the same plane with Elvis' ex-girlfriend). Linda took the high road, said fine...and then paid for a commercial flight herself to come to Memphis. When she got to Graceland and Vernon found out what Priscilla had done, he was disgusted with her.

When Lisa Marie died, Priscilla found out that Lisa Marie had left her estate...and her share of Graceland...to her own children. Less than a week after her own daughter had died, Priscilla sued her own grandchildren for the right to still run Graceland (and get its proceeds). Lisa Marie was barely speaking to her mom at the time she died (and she never forgave her mom for getting the family into Scientology after Elvis died). Lisa Marie was quoted as saying, "I want my mom to have nothing to do with Graceland or the estate." She also did NOT want her mom to be buried at Graceland.

Apparently, the grandchildren settled with Priscilla (they don't even speak to her) for a one-time lump sum of $1 million...though, I think they've given in and she will be buried at Graceland. This goes against Elvis' wishes. He did NOT want her buried there. He also had told her that he wanted her to switch back to her maiden name (Beaulieu) after the divorce, which she agreed to. But right after he died, she started calling herself Priscilla Presley again as her stage name.

Valerie Bertinelli has basically taken a page or two from the Priscilla handbook on nutty, immoral ex-wives.

And Lisa Marie was a classy lady (and did get her dad's good looks). Too bad MeatWolf takes more after his mom.
                    Roth Army Militia

Comment

• Nitro Express
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

Well what can you say. It’s just another washed up actress going nuts.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

with a soon to be washed up son.

Comment

• Rikk
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
                          I remember when that book came out, I was listening to a Dave & Dave Unchained podcast and they were reading all of the shit Val was saying about Ed’s marriage being in trouble (while hers was too, apparently) and it just came off as gross. Even those guys were like, how’s about having some class, Val? She mentioned how Ed got her some gold brick as a gift when he was in Germany for his treatments and said to her, “is it strange that I got you something, but nothing for my wife?” What a total cunt move putting that to print.

I have no friggin’ idea what happened to Ed and Jani’s relationship, and that makes sense because it’s none of my business! If they made their troubles public with some feud in a restaurant or something and TMZ is spewing about it, that’s one thing. But what ever problems they were having, NONE OF US would have known jack shit about it if it weren’t for the stark raving mad attention whore. Kudos to Jani for literally never presenting a retort. I actually felt her parting words to Ed via social media were rather sweet. She says something to the effect of their relationship not always being smooth. Beyond that, nothing more needed to be said in a public address. Hats off to the lady.
                          Great post, Bridge.

Yes, you're right, my friend. Jani has taken the fucking high road when it comes to dealing with her grief (and she has kept her private life with Eddie private). A lot of cunts would have used the whole tragedy as a jumping off point for a second career, writing books full of dirt and inserting their cunt selves into the situation. Jani did NOT do that...but...uh...which women has "indulged" herself and done that...repeatedly...?

That "gold brick" story just makes me sick. Val & Wolfgang love to talk about the "difficulties" in their lives... How the fuck am I supposed to feel bad for a woman who has lived a life in which she is just randomly gifted things like fucking gold bricks??!! AND THEN...to write that, to repeat Ed's quote (about not getting a gift for his actual "wife")...? THAT STORY makes Sammy Hagar look like Gandhi or Martin Luther King!!

I really should check out the Dave & Dave Unchained Podcast. Can it be listened to (or watched, I presume) on YouTube? What sorts of topics do they cover?
                          Roth Army Militia

Comment

• Rikk
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
                            Well, if they ever decide to do another film adaptation of Where The Wild Things Are, I know a guy.

(...on a side note, James Gandolfini was really good in Where The Wild Things Are ...and I was never the huge fan of the book my wife is, but she really wanted to see it...and I thought Gandolfini was awesome...
                            James Gandolfini looked like a stick-figure compared to MeatWolf Van Halen!!)
                            Roth Army Militia

Comment

• Rikk
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Jan 2004

...with a soon to be washed up son.
                              Seriously...you'd think he would have gone past the point of opening for big acts or playing venues bigger than clubs or small theaters by this point (Wolfgang is the size of a small theater)...

...but, NO!!!! (I'm saying that in my best John Belushi voice)

MEATWOLF's music is not the worst thing I've ever heard...BUT that is not good enough if you're going to be a professional musician:

. MeatWolf's music is unremarkable, his songs are kinda boring...everything is very generic.

. MeatWolf's guitar-playing has nothing exciting going for it.

. MeatWolf can technically play quite a few beats on his drums...but it's all very cut-and-paste from his other influences. There is nothing distinctive about how he plays. (When you hear Alex play the drums, you can immediately tell that it's him. He has an exciting, unique sound...even just the way he hits his snare.)

. MeatWolf's bass-playing bothers me. He uses some distorted effect, for one (which was one of the big reasons that Van Halen Mach IV did not sound like Van Halen). MeatWolf tries to lock into the guitar (he basically just plays the guitar part on his bass). Anyone who knows anything about arranging songs knows that the bass should not just copy the guitar part. A bass player should be locked into the drums...creating a rhythm section!! (What a concept!)

. MeatWolf's singing is the worst part. If you took his kinda boring music but then had someone like a Chris Cornell or Scott Weiland singing unique, melodic vocal melodies on top of it, it could be something. But, NO!!!! MeatWolf just sings his generic vocal parts (with that really whiny voice of his), also not singing properly (he sounds like he's throat-singing, whereas experienced vocalists know well enough to sing from their gut). I just DO NOT LIKE the sound of MeatWolf Bertinelli's vocals.
                              Last edited by Rikk; 04-03-2024, 07:37 AM.
                              Roth Army Militia

Comment

• Seshmeister
                                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Priscilla did the same fucking thing. (This is a longer post...but it's really worth a read...Valerie really is a lot like Priscilla!!)
                                Valerie doesn't have the excuse though that she was trapped at 14 by a junkie pedo hillbilly.

Comment

Working...