• DLR Bridge
    ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Totally. It’s ’the Kid gloves are off’ meets ‘fuck around and find out.’

Comment

• DLR Bridge
      ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

We are completely in the realm of the well being poisoned, at this point. The moment that chode Eddie Trunk asked, “does that person usually go by three initials?” and the big fella in the hoodie said yes, it was game on. It is something though how Dave taking the high road and not reacting gets him nowhere, but reacting makes him the pariah… he can’t fucking win. Old school Dave would spin people around with his use of non-sequiturs and it drove them nuts. Now, his use of comedic analogy has frustrated the simpletons even more! The casuals and below can’t handle his spin. It’s too out there for them. The more time that goes by, the more I get it, and I don’t view any of it as being harmful to the legacy of him or the the band. The history has been written. Its undeniable what four guys broke their fucking asses from ‘74 to ‘84. Not a God damned thing that happened afterwards with that band actually matters. ADKOT was a gift and we happily accepted it. If this be the end, so be it. I’d hate for Dave to go out taking lumps on the chin from anyone. It was always about Dave and Ed. They’re all that matters.

Comment

• Nitro Express
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

Revenge is a dish best served cold.
        No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

Dave is burning bridges because Van Halen is over and it feels good to get it all out.

Comment

• Silexxx
            Head Fluffer
            • Sep 2010

Wolf looks here like one half of the McCrary twins with those sunglasses lol.
            Last edited by Silexxx; 02-04-2024, 10:24 AM.

Comment

• nick500
              Groupie
              • Jul 2019

Originally posted by MasonL
              That’s not what Dave is saying. I think he’s proud of the work he did on that album. He was about the only one trying to put forth a fresh creative effort. But c’mon, the process of making that album was nothing like the glory days. He and Ed would just create music in the garage or the basement or bus. Now they had to be in separate spaces and Ed’s kid between them. The only new song was Stay Frosty and that was entirely written by Roth.

There’s obviously business reasons why it’s not up. Thinking that Dave plain doesn’t like it shows a lack of media literacy
              I don't necessarily disagree, but the badly chosen boxing analogy implies the group as a whole was past its prime and washed up. I would compare it to Ali fighting Leon Spinks the second time, where he taught the kid a boxing lesson and soundly beat him.
              There was enough skill and fire left to put out something worthwhile, which is what Van Halen did.
              To slag the whole thing and pretty much say no one cares about it, is a misreading of the people who actually bought the album. No it's not the classic era, but it's not lousy either.
              Wasn't You and Your Blues a new track?
              Last edited by nick500; 02-04-2024, 10:26 AM.

Comment

• nick500
                Groupie
                • Jul 2019

I would agree. The big difference is that Dave's voice on ADKOT is obviously not what it was.
                it works well on most tracks, but Beats Working sounds like a dolphin with a cold.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

I have never seen Dave go after anyone this hard. Wolf’s online behavior shows he’s an unstable asshole. Some real shit must have gone down.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

You guys aren’t getting it. Dave is saying the band already had its legacy. It doesn’t need Wolf’s pet project. It was Wolf’s idea and Wolf called Dave to participate.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

What’s great about being old and retired is you need nothing from anyone. You can be completely honest and let it rip. Dave cashed all his checks.
                      Last edited by Nitro Express; 02-04-2024, 10:52 AM.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

20 years from now when asked what was the greatest rock band of all time, Van Halen will be mentioned. David Lee Roth will be listed as one of the great frontmen of all time. Not Sammy. Not Wolfie. They can attention hog all they want but there will be no legacy for them.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Aug 2004

Some fat slob names his band Mammoth. Ha! Ha! You can’t make this shit up. Mommy is proud of it. How sick is that?

Comment

• MasonL
                            Groupie
                            • May 2022

Originally posted by Silexxx

Wolf looks here like one half of the McCrary twins with those sunglasses lol.
                            I imagine that guy shipwrecking on a remote island inhabited by a cannibal tribe. I imagine the look of amazement on those tribal people’s faces when they see a FAT FUCK like that. It would be akin to the face one makes when winning a lottery. They would all rejoice and eat good for the next three days.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

I don’t know about good eating. Who likes to eat fat unless you are an old Russian? The best use for Wolf is ballast. Throw him down in the bottom of a ship with some donuts and that ship is going to be as stable as fuck.

Comment

• ZahZoo
                                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
                                We are completely in the realm of the well being poisoned, at this point. The moment that chode Eddie Trunk asked, “does that person usually go by three initials?” and the big fella in the hoodie said yes, it was game on. It is something though how Dave taking the high road and not reacting gets him nowhere, but reacting makes him the pariah… he can’t fucking win. Old school Dave would spin people around with his use of non-sequiturs and it drove them nuts. Now, his use of comedic analogy has frustrated the simpletons even more! The casuals and below can’t handle his spin. It’s too out there for them. The more time that goes by, the more I get it, and I don’t view any of it as being harmful to the legacy of him or the the band. The history has been written. Its undeniable what four guys broke their fucking asses from ‘74 to ‘84. Not a God damned thing that happened afterwards with that band actually matters. ADKOT was a gift and we happily accepted it. If this be the end, so be it. I’d hate for Dave to go out taking lumps on the chin from anyone. It was always about Dave and Ed. They’re all that matters.
                                Great post...

Regarding Dave's reference to Mohamed Ali's end of his career. Watch this video and the comment makes a lot of sense.

"If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

Working...