Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nitro Express
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

Most people don’t have the sophistication to get Dave. It goes over their heads. The point Dave was making about Wolfgang is don’t buy the nice guy act. Wolf is very calculating and cruel. I actually had him come after me online because I pushed his buttons. Wolf is not a happy guy and he has the same nastiness his mom has. In fact he’s a lot like his mom. He can put on a happy innocent front but there’s not really a happy person inside and if you hit a nerve look out. I think Dave summed up what Wolfie is quite accurately.
    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

I went to a charity thing Jimmy Page and his partner was doing and he said he had to start using bigger amps because of Bonzo.

Comment

• Rikk
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
        Wolf is very calculating and cruel. I actually had him come after me online because I pushed his buttons.
        What did he get angry about with you?

Sounds a bit like what happened to me. Now, mind you...I was trying to get the Walking Cunt Flap to get angry at me, posting under his Twitter announcement, "4 years into your father's career, he was soon to headline the US Festival in front of half a million people. Four years into your career...and you're opening for Creed. "

Walking Cunt Flap banned me immediately from posting on or reading the MAMMOTH WVH Twitter feed (which is kind of equivalent to one of the Golden Girls telling you that you're no longer allowed to see her naked). Walking Cunt Flap's reaction was kind of what I expected (though I was kind of surprised at how quickly he reacted...he must have been on a sugar-rush from the giant tub of Costco Caramel Corn he'd just eaten for a "light snack").

I'd be really curious to know how you provoked Walking Cunt Flap and what his reaction was...
        Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
        Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• Rikk
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
          I went to a charity thing Jimmy Page and his partner was doing and he said he had to start using bigger amps because of Bonzo.
          That does not surprise me. Bonzo was just naturally a VERY loud drummer.

Don Henley used to ask producer Glyn Johns (he produced the first two Eagles albums, in addition to engineering Zep's first LP and a bunch of other stuff), "Can you mic my drums the same way you did for Bonzo? I want to get that Led Zeppelin drum sound on our records!" And Glyn said to Don, "It makes no difference what microphones I use. I cannot make you sound like Bonzo. I cannot give you that thunderous sound. Bonzo sounds like that on Zeppelin albums because he literally sounds like thunder...he hits that hard!"

I once read about a Zeppelin concert for which the P.A. failed pumping the drums through the speakers in the arena. And EVEN THEN, the arena audience could STILL hear Bonzo pretty clearly above the guitar, bass & vocal speakers...he was just that loud!
          Roth Army Militia

Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• Rikk
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
            Sounds like Wolfie and his fat-rich-kid-mail-order-bride aren't miserable fucks at all!
            I still laughed my ass off when I saw the photo of Walking Cunt Flap and his new bride. I remember thinking, "Hmm...yeah. She married him for his looks, right?"
            Roth Army Militia

Comment

• bueno bob
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Rikk

Sounds a bit like what happened to me. Now, mind you...I was trying to get the Walking Cunt Flap to get angry at me, posting under his Twitter announcement, "4 years into your father's career, he was soon to headline the US Festival in front of half a million people. Four years into your career...and you're opening for Creed. "

Walking Cunt Flap banned me immediately from posting on or reading the MAMMOTH WVH Twitter feed (which is kind of equivalent to one of the Golden Girls telling you that you're no longer allowed to see her naked). Walking Cunt Flap's reaction was kind of what I expected (though I was kind of surprised at how quickly he reacted...he must have been on a sugar-rush from the giant tub of Costco Caramel Corn he'd just eaten for a "light snack").

I'd be really curious to know how you provoked Walking Cunt Flap and what his reaction was...

Oooooh, now THAT is some of the classic Sheep Pen action away from the Forums that I just LOVE to hear about.

Also

WHAT UP FUCKERS
              Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

You pop out for a pack of cigarettes 6 fucking years ago and then just walk back in here like nothing happened?

Hi Bob!

Comment

• bueno bob
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Jul 2004

Hey, it's a slow site these days, logging in takes a while. What do you want out of me, miracles?

Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
                    Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Bob is back!

Seems like the 'ol army days again.
                    =V V=
                    ole No.1 The finest
                    EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• Rikk
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by bueno bob
                      Oooooh, now THAT is some of the classic Sheep Pen action away from the Forums that I just LOVE to hear about.

Also

WHAT UP FUCKERS
                      Ewing Oil is open for business...
                      Roth Army Militia

Comment

• Rikk
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by bueno bob
                        Hey, it's a slow site these days, logging in takes a while. What do you want out of me, miracles?

You heard we missed ya...you're back!!!

Roth Army Militia

Comment

• Nitro Express
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Aug 2004

I guess Alex Van Halen tried everything possible to get Bonzo’s sound when Andy John’s was working with them. Andy was all about getting it to sound right in the room and using a microphone that best transferred the sound. He was not big into fixing things in the mix. He would tell Alex that it was more Bonzo than him and Jimmy Page was always keen on finding great spaces to record in.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                            ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

He got Al pretty close to the Bonzo sound on F.U.C.K. Too bad he didn’t have that sound on II or WACF.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Rikk

Oh Wolf was crying his guts out on Twitter and everyone is kissing his ass. I posted that my dad was a hot shot architect and I was sad when he passed away. I don’t know why but that triggered the fuck out of Lard Ass and he responded in a nasty way. In Wolf’s mind his pain was greater and us plebs could not possibly understand it. I’m like dude. He chain smoked and drank heavy his whole life. We all knew it was coming. Yeah it hurts but grow up, we all have lost parents, spouses, brothers, sisters and close friends. Some people have to worry about how they are going to pay the bills. You don’t. It could be worse Wolf.

Comment

• Rikk
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
                                He got Al pretty close to the Bonzo sound on F.U.C.K. Too bad he didn’t have that sound on II or WACF.
                                I'll be honest: I'll take the VAN HALEN II sound over the F.U.C.K. sound any day.

Not only is F.U.C.K. my least favorite Van Halen album...but I also hate the homogenized, over-processed sound.

That's NOT a real drum sound in terms of all genuine reverb. They're using some really shitty effects to get that big, boom-y sound (the album came out in 1991 but it's got a pretty 80s sound to me...I mean a BAD 80s sound).

I also don't like Eddie's guitar sounds on F.U.C.K. Again, super reverb-y...too many overdubs. At least the follow-up (BALANCE) had a real band sound...a room sound. If they'd used that production sound they had in 1995 but with Dave around, it would have sounded great. (That said, the engineer who did BALANCE, Erwin Musper, DID engineer the two Dave tracks from 1996, even though they had a different producer.)
                                Roth Army Militia

Comment

Working...