X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ZahZoo
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by silverfish
    couldn't care less. As in "I couldn't care less about your stupid grammar lesson."

Sorry, pet peeve.
    But that assumes his capacity to care less had been fully achieved... but the fact that it's mentioned means there's still some amount care left in the bucket... most likely backwash or rim scum but still more than zero. Meaning he could have cared less or he wouldn't have bothered to even waste time on the subject if he was completely out of shits to give...

Class dismissed...
    "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• ZahZoo
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
      It’s hard to sing from the diaphragm when it’s covered in flab. Oh well. It’s full steam ahead to heart disease and diabetes.
      I think your assumption is off... there's many excellent fat-assed singers. Anne Wilson of heart is a good example.

I wouldn't be too concerned about Wolfgang's physical ability to crank out mediocre, boring post-grunge crap... he'll muddle along just fine...
      "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• silverfish
        Foot Soldier
        • Mar 2007

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
        However, I was implying that, once you get to his age, he can (“could” in original sentence) care less about things if he so chooses.
        Gotcha. In that context it makes more sense.
        I can almost hear him saying "I could care less (but I don't.)"
        Last edited by silverfish; 03-01-2024, 02:18 PM.
        Originally posted by sadaist
        I don't mind that one Nickelback song. I just hate the fact that they put it on every album 10 times.

Comment

• Never was
          Foot Soldier
          • May 2012

Some singers like Linda Rhondstat lose control of their diaphragm due to health reasons. Her vocal chords are fine but no way to control the diaphragm due to Parkinsons. In her case it was cocaine induced due to 70's lifestyle. If a long term patient it eventually reaches your hypothalamus which impacts muscle control and regulation so often body temp is off so you can be freezing cold under 120 degrees lights onstage.

Comment

• Seshmeister
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Good spot by the DLR Podcast folk that Roth has now changed the name of this from 'This Fuckin Kid' to 'This Crazy Kid'.

Comment

• Nitro Express
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by ZahZoo
              I think your assumption is off... there's many excellent fat-assed singers. Anne Wilson of heart is a good example.

I wouldn't be too concerned about Wolfgang's physical ability to crank out mediocre, boring post-grunge crap... he'll muddle along just fine...
              You forgot to mention Pavarotti and Meat Loaf. Oh he will muddle on just fine to the diabetes clinic and possibly the heart doctor. There’s going to be a whole lotta trouble when you take your doughnuts home. .
              No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Rikk
                There's no way (at his weight) that he doesn't already have early heart disease. His arteries must be a nightmare.
                Yup. He’s been obese his whole life. I wonder what his blood pressure and A1C is right now? He probably has to get checkups to get his tours insured. If you are on the heavy side you definitely want to monitor your blood sugar and blood pressure. They can suddenly spike.
                Last edited by Nitro Express; 03-04-2024, 02:56 AM.
                No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Silexxx
                  Head Fluffer
                  • Sep 2010

Wolfgang Van Halen has responded to the disparaging comments that David Lee Roth has made about him. In a new interview with "The Morning X With Barnes & Leslie", Eddie Van Halen's son, who joined VAN HALEN at just 15 years old, was asked why he thinks Roth has called him out "in such a vile fas...

Wolfgang Van Halen has responded to the disparaging comments that David Lee Roth has made about him.

In a new interview with "The Morning X With Barnes & Leslie", Eddie Van Halen's son, who joined VAN HALEN at just 15 years old, was asked why he thinks Roth has called him out "in such a vile fashion". He responded (as transcribed by BLABBERMOUTH.NET): "I guess I'm honored he even thinks about me as much as he seems to. I guess you have to take what he says with a grain of salt considering he also said that he wrote [Eddie Van Halen's classic instrumental] 'Eruption' and came up with the Frankenstein [red-white-and-black-striped pattern Eddie Van Halen made famous on his guitar]… He said he wrote all the solos that Dad wrote."

Wolfgang continued: "I guess that's all I can say. I seem to have been born into this VAN HALEN drama that has come way before me. And I guess now that my dad isn't here to be a target, I guess he went to the next best thing."

During the same chat, Wolfgang shot down the possibility of a VAN HALEN tribute concert or tour involving him. "I don't wanna play that music without my dad," he said.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                    ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

I guess I guess I guess I guess I guess. That’s my big takeaway. Not an actual word about anything Dave asserted. Probably would’ve been better for him had he just said nothing.

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
                      Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by Silexxx
                      https://blabbermouth.net/news/wolfga...-grain-of-salt

Wolfgang Van Halen has responded to the disparaging comments that David Lee Roth has made about him.

In a new interview with "The Morning X With Barnes & Leslie", Eddie Van Halen's son, who joined VAN HALEN at just 15 years old, was asked why he thinks Roth has called him out "in such a vile fashion". He responded (as transcribed by BLABBERMOUTH.NET): "I guess I'm honored he even thinks about me as much as he seems to. I guess you have to take what he says with a grain of salt considering he also said that he wrote [Eddie Van Halen's classic instrumental] 'Eruption' and came up with the Frankenstein [red-white-and-black-striped pattern Eddie Van Halen made famous on his guitar]… He said he wrote all the solos that Dad wrote."

Wolfgang continued: "I guess that's all I can say. I seem to have been born into this VAN HALEN drama that has come way before me. And I guess now that my dad isn't here to be a target, I guess he went to the next best thing."

During the same chat, Wolfgang shot down the possibility of a VAN HALEN tribute concert or tour involving him. "I don't wanna play that music without my dad," he said.
                      He didn't address any of Dave's comments towards him cause he knows its all legit.
                      =V V=
                      ole No.1 The finest
                      EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• Rikk
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Jan 2004

The tub of lard is also lying more. I have NEVER heard Dave say anything ever about writing ERUPTION or writing Ed's solos for him.

Wolfgang can't deny what Dave is saying...so he just makes more shit up about Dave. (Now I REALLY don't believe that Dave had anything to do with ADKOT being out-of-print.)
                        Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
                        Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                          ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

I never heard the line about Dave coming up with Eruption.

As it relates to the stripes, who knows? Maybe on a day when there was no one else in the room, Dave suggested to Ed that he jazz up his guitar like the guy from the Mumps, who had a white guitar with similar black stripes.

Regarding the solos, Dave said on Rogan, respectfully, that Ed would record 4 or 5 takes, composite the best parts, then have to learn that pieced together solo to play it live. I’m certain Dave helped select the good sounding takes, in the very least, early on in their recording process.

I imagine this all ends right here as I don’t think Dave’s intentions were to create some back and forth drama, but who the hell knows at this point.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I never heard the line about Dave coming up with Eruption.

As it relates to the stripes, who knows? Maybe on a day when there was no one else in the room, Dave suggested to Ed that he jazz up his guitar like the guy from the Mumps, who had a white guitar with similar black stripes.

Regarding the solos, Dave said on Rogan, respectfully, that Ed would record 4 or 5 takes, composite the best parts, then have to learn that pieced together solo to play it live. I’m certain Dave helped select the good sounding takes, in the very least, early on in their recording process.
                            This.

And it's not at all uncommon I would have thought.

I know even I've very often asked the engineer or anyone in the band who is around what they thought of different versions and also glued bits of solos together. It's not writing it's helping to arrange. In the rock genre guitar solos can be kind of important but typically they may only take 30 seconds to do a take so it would be dumb not to do at least a dozen.

The Eruption thing I've never heard - it's not impossible though that Roth suggested he do a solo spot.

On the stripes thing there has been a massive push back ever since it was mentioned and we'll probably never know. I would say though how many other visually artistic things did Ed come up with and how many has Dave?

On all these issues we do have something in common with Wolfgang, we weren't there.
                            Last edited by Seshmeister; 03-06-2024, 12:11 PM.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                              ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Maybe the hoodied one got the names mixed up from stories he’d heard. The story being that Dave did in fact create Mike’s bass solo and its accompanying antics.

I was recently reading the Cherone interview in the Chris Gill Eruption book and Ed was clearly asking him to pick from solos.

Regardless, all of the Mammoth fanboys are probably pumping their fists at Wolf’s stellar sick burn. Ha!

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
                                Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Maybe the hoodied one got the names mixed up from stories he’d heard. The story being that Dave did in fact create Mike’s bass solo and its accompanying antics.

I was recently reading the Cherone interview in the Chris Gill Eruption book and Ed was clearly asking him to pick from solos.

Regardless, all of the Mammoth fanboys are probably pumping their fists at Wolf’s stellar sick burn. Ha!
                                Yes, Dave is the one who came up with the solo spot for Mike. Perhaps Pete Angeleus also contributed.
                                =V V=
                                ole No.1 The finest
                                EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

Working...