Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Silexxx
    Head Fluffer
    • Sep 2010

Dave compares ADKOT to last Muhammad Ali fights.

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
      Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by Silexxx

Haha wow.

Classic Dave
      =V V=
      ole No.1 The finest
      EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• Seshmeister
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

ADKOT isn't on Spotify but the Tokyo Dome is???

Comment

• Terry
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Jan 2004

I think Dave compared both ADKOT and Tokyo Dome to the last Muhammed Ali fights.

Can't say as I disagree re: Tokyo Dome. Heard maybe 3 or 4 cuts off it once or twice online (probably on this site). Based on what I heard, didn't want to hear the rest of it much less buy a copy.

ADKOT wasn't a bad effort. Quite good in spots. However, a decade + on from the album being released, I don't find I mentally include it with the CVH catalog.

Shit, most of what the band did after Wolfgang joined wasn't particularly memorable, much less holds up against the CVH-era. Mach 4 turned out to be a good thing in that it eventually got Ed up and playing. We got to see Dave with the band again and considering the years that had elapsed since 1985 - some of those years rougher on certain members of the band than others - the band had three good tours where they made an effort and did the best they could. Ed was able to end his professional career with a couple of tours that showcased him playing the CVH stuff about as well as he ever had.
          Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• nick500
            Groupie
            • Jul 2019

Originally posted by Terry
            I think Dave compared both ADKOT and Tokyo Dome to the last Muhammed Ali fights.

Can't say as I disagree re: Tokyo Dome. Heard maybe 3 or 4 cuts off it once or twice online (probably on this site). Based on what I heard, didn't want to hear the rest of it much less buy a copy.

ADKOT wasn't a bad effort. Quite good in spots. However, a decade + on from the album being released, I don't find I mentally include it with the CVH catalog.

Shit, most of what the band did after Wolfgang joined wasn't particularly memorable, much less holds up against the CVH-era. Mach 4 turned out to be a good thing in that it eventually got Ed up and playing. We got to see Dave with the band again and considering the years that had elapsed since 1985 - some of those years rougher on certain members of the band than others - the band had three good tours where they made an effort and did the best they could. Ed was able to end his professional career with a couple of tours that showcased him playing the CVH stuff about as well as he ever had.
            I have to disagree with Dave here. ADKOT has some very good stuff on it, certainly better than some of the shit on the Hagar era albums. To compare it to an Ali overdosed on synthroid fighting Holmes and the Berbick fight, where Ali was a lot better, is just totally shitting on yourself for crying out loud. Should we all throw our cds in the garbage, because that is what Dave has done here. All the work that was put in by Ed apparently was for naught, because the songs were all crap. Dave can go fuck himself is all I can say at this point.

Comment

• nick500
              Groupie
              • Jul 2019

Originally posted by Seshmeister
              Exactly. Dave has lost it. And I would say now we know why we got that album instead of a brand new album.
              Do not get why Dave is basically shitting on himself. ADKOT was worth it just to hear Ed play guitar again. So fuck you Dave.
              I am pissed!

Comment

• Silexxx
                Head Fluffer
                • Sep 2010

Here, the whole album. I guess Dave has never heard of YouTube. It might not get as much streams as CVH in Spotify etc. but apparently Dave doesn't like the little money it makes? Or he doesn't want Wolfgang make any money out of it? Or is it better have fucking Van Halen III as last album in Spotify? Weird dude

Comment

• ZahZoo
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                  They had a 10 year streaming licensing deal via Interscope Records for ADKOT. That contract expired... Wolfgang made a comment several months ago that someone in the band who goes by 3 initials... we're left to assume DLR... was being difficult and he implied this someone didn't like the record.

Maybe Dave was being difficult or Alex attempted to push a shitty deal for Dave's cut and he told Alex to fuck off... Who knows...

Tokyo Dome was released via Warner Brothers (WB) so it's under a different contract deal with Spotify...
                  "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• nick500
                    Groupie
                    • Jul 2019

Here, the whole album. I guess Dave has never heard of YouTube. It might not get as much streams as CVH in Spotify etc. but apparently Dave doesn't like the little money it makes? Or he doesn't want Wolfgang make any money out of it? Or is it better have fucking Van Halen III as last album in Spotify? Weird dude
                    There are quite a few guys who have all the tracks and the album on YouTube. The comments are pretty positive .
                    Apparently 1500 streams on youtube is considered 1 album sale. So 44 album sales from that one guy.
                    Not sure about Dave and what got him going, but according to that singing guy Ken Tamplin, there are rumours he has a drug problem. I'm starting to believe it.

Comment

• MasonL
                      Groupie
                      • May 2022

Originally posted by nick500
                      I have to disagree with Dave here. ADKOT has some very good stuff on it, certainly better than some of the shit on the Hagar era albums. To compare it to an Ali overdosed on synthroid fighting Holmes and the Berbick fight, where Ali was a lot better, is just totally shitting on yourself for crying out loud. Should we all throw our cds in the garbage, because that is what Dave has done here. All the work that was put in by Ed apparently was for naught, because the songs were all crap. Dave can go fuck himself is all I can say at this point.
                      That’s not what Dave is saying. I think he’s proud of the work he did on that album. He was about the only one trying to put forth a fresh creative effort. But c’mon, the process of making that album was nothing like the glory days. He and Ed would just create music in the garage or the basement or bus. Now they had to be in separate spaces and Ed’s kid between them. The only new song was Stay Frosty and that was entirely written by Roth.

There’s obviously business reasons why it’s not up. Thinking that Dave plain doesn’t like it shows a lack of media literacy

Comment

• Seshmeister
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

If I was ranking Van Halen song by song most of ADKOT would be above half the tracks on Diver Down.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by MasonL
                          That’s not what Dave is saying. I think he’s proud of the work he did on that album. He was about the only one trying to put forth a fresh creative effort. But c’mon, the process of making that album was nothing like the glory days. He and Ed would just create music in the garage or the basement or bus. Now they had to be in separate spaces and Ed’s kid between them. The only new song was Stay Frosty and that was entirely written by Roth.

There’s obviously business reasons why it’s not up. Thinking that Dave plain doesn’t like it shows a lack of media literacy
                          With a good band usually the best take is the first one. You hit diminishing returns doing more takes and over polishing a song wears the vibe off. Music is like sex. You just go for it. It’s better that way.
                          No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

Ha! Roth is taking a cheese grater to Wolfie. Dave doesn’t want to claim anything with The Fucking Kid on it.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

Hagar could break his all time faggot record if he plays with Wolfie this summer. Mike should be siding with Dave but he’s a gimp. He will eat the corn out of Wolfie’s ass.

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                                ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

I think it's Dave being quiet while hearing some noise from the Kid in interviews with digs on Dave, etc and finally saying, ok...gloves are off. You wanna play? Let's play.
                                sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

Working...