X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Von Halen
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by ZahZoo

I suspect most the truth is in the mix... with a touch of embellishment added for flavor.
    Yeah, I mean...come on. What company would be paying the crew with paper checks in 2015? I'm guessing none.

Comment

• nick500
      Groupie
      • Jul 2019

Originally posted by Von Halen
      Yeah, I mean...come on. What company would be paying the crew with paper checks in 2015? I'm guessing none.
      I think Dave must have gotten fed up with the constant pot shots Wolfgang has been taking at him lately.
      Dave doesn't seem to attack in a mean way, more like a comedy skit.

Van Halen would have gone nowhere without him and Wolf would have been the bass player for who exactly?
      That "is the Van Halen name a help or not " video with Wolf is really cringe worthy.
      "you still have to prove yourself" or words to that effect that he said made him look pretty full of himself.
      Well, duh, join the rest of the world,you always have to prove yourself worthy of a job dumbass.
      For me he's a good player, but he's not his dad, or Allan Holdsworth or Steve Vai or any player on that level.
      The more he talks and picks fights online, the more you go wtf?

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
        Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

So I was just at the Links and there are a few tidbits there from an insider.....

Apparently it seems like Wolf and Val keep making things difficult for Al in terms of releasing any archival music or video. They don't necessarily have final say - even Wolf - if say Alex and Dave want to release old shows or unreleased music. Al does.

But much like the soap opera surrounding the tribute show that never happened, if Wolf and Val don't like something they make sure to let Al know. Alex, not wanting to rock the boat with family members, likes to keep the peace therefore does nothing. Which in turn most likely frustrates Dave.

Wolf and Val want limited VH releases so as to not shadow Wolf's music and career. So then they let Al know as much. They are of the thinking that Ed was Van Halen and that with him gone, VH should be laid to rest.

Now Alex can simply say "fuck it" and sign contracts and have a bunch of VH stuff released but is reluctant so as to not make relations with Wolf strained.

In conclusion, a lot of the inactivity with tribute shows or no archival VH releases is because Wolf and Val are cunts and make things difficult for Al.
        =V V=
        ole No.1 The finest
        EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• Catfish
          Sniper
          • Jan 2004

Great post. Dave's old and is out of fucks to give. He's emptying the bag. It's tremendous! Please lord let him write another book!

Comment

• Kristy
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet

Wolf and Val want limited VH releases so as to not shadow Wolf's music and career. So then they let Al know as much. They are of the thinking that Ed was Van Halen and that with him gone, VH should be laid to rest.
            That cannot be at all true. The F A T Wolf Boy has no musical marketing abilities - expect to brain dead Foo Fighters fans.

Comment

• conmee
              ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
              • Mar 2003

It's been awhile and I'm just here because it's the first thread I've accidentally clicked on in forever where I know most of the people posting... Pojo my brother, Von (bro, how did the Lions give that game away yesterday), Vinnie, ZahZoo, Nitro, Terry.

Look, I listened to the entirety of Van Halen III last night, and I'm here to say it's underappreciated. It's better than 3 out of 4 Sammy era albums, better than all of DLR's stuff post EEAS, and better than at least one of the six pack. Change my mind. Ok, not really, just channeling Hitch from the Great Beyond with an idea for an outrageous post.

Agree with Kristy (first sentence, second paragraph) and as Catfish suggests, would be great to get a no fucks given book from DLR. But I don't think I have any fucks left. I don't keep up with all this shit anymore, but it is a disappointment that even after death, the world of Van Halen is so fucked up and mired in craziness that a simple tribute can't be organized. Look how quickly and well-attended the Taylor Hawkins tribute was put together (and if I recall, Wolfie performed), yet nothing for the Edward? How does a drummer get a world class send off, but the world's greatest rock guitarist gets nothing more than some news clippings and a collection of bickering social media posts...

Also curious, Vinnie, regarding the insider comment about overshadowing Wolf. Is there really that much overlap between Van Halen fans and what Wolf is doing? I've listed to some of his music out of curiosity, and only because he's Edward's son, but it isn't something I would purchase or listen to regularly and have no interest in going to see him perform. I think that's probably the case for a lot of Van Halen fans, so not sure how classic Van Halen vault releases would impact Wolf's career.
              An Icon©®™Incorporated/GODDAM BUCK-KNIFE JACKBOOT MOTHERFUCK©®™ Production.
              hitchWORLD1969.com© and Old Boy Club© Co-Founder, Investor, and Spiritual Leader 1996-2024©™®

E.U.A.S. - "The Feng Shui in the House That Roth Built!"

R.I.P. - Douglas Hitchens, Jr. aka Hitch1969 aka Supermodel Doug et al... 1-23-2017

"It is possible to OverGap©®™" - Sesh©®™, 5-8-2013

"A reacharound doesn't need to be gay." - Sesh©®™, 1-18-2012

"If we are going to have ex mods posting cocks can they at least be a manageable size." - Sesh©®™, 8-24-2011

"For the love of jive, have a waborita and chill out." - Hitchman©®™, 5-18-2004

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
                Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Brother conmee.....long time my friend.

Anyway, I'm just reiterating what I read on the thread at Links.

But it does seem to me that Alex is trying to keep the peace with Wolf which also unfortunately includes his mom. And in order to do that if Wolf doesn't like or want stuff released then Al doesn't make a move. Whatever it is.
                =V V=
                ole No.1 The finest
                EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• ZahZoo
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Classic Van Halen vault releases would only help interest in MeatWolf's music... in a limited capacity, but it would bolster the main commodity helping his current musical career... name recognition. I can't imagine any angle that would hurt the Fuckin Kid's™ career.
                  "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
                    Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Judging from Wolf's last interview basically saying his dad was a hindrance, I wouldn't be surprised if he really didn't want a lot of VH releases out there.
                    Last edited by Vinnie Velvet; 01-29-2024, 03:38 PM.
                    =V V=
                    ole No.1 The finest
                    EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• Catfish
                      Sniper
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by conmee
                      It's been awhile and I'm just here because it's the first thread I've accidentally clicked on in forever where I know most of the people posting... Pojo my brother, Von (bro, how did the Lions give that game away yesterday), Vinnie, ZahZoo, Nitro, Terry.

Look, I listened to the entirety of Van Halen III last night, and I'm here to say it's underappreciated. It's better than 3 out of 4 Sammy era albums, better than all of DLR's stuff post EEAS, and better than at least one of the six pack. Change my mind. Ok, not really, just channeling Hitch from the Great Beyond with an idea for an outrageous post.

Agree with Kristy (first sentence, second paragraph) and as Catfish suggests, would be great to get a no fucks given book from DLR. But I don't think I have any fucks left. I don't keep up with all this shit anymore, but it is a disappointment that even after death, the world of Van Halen is so fucked up and mired in craziness that a simple tribute can't be organized. Look how quickly and well-attended the Taylor Hawkins tribute was put together (and if I recall, Wolfie performed), yet nothing for the Edward? How does a drummer get a world class send off, but the world's greatest rock guitarist gets nothing more than some news clippings and a collection of bickering social media posts...

Also curious, Vinnie, regarding the insider comment about overshadowing Wolf. Is there really that much overlap between Van Halen fans and what Wolf is doing? I've listed to some of his music out of curiosity, and only because he's Edward's son, but it isn't something I would purchase or listen to regularly and have no interest in going to see him perform. I think that's probably the case for a lot of Van Halen fans, so not sure how classic Van Halen vault releases would impact Wolf's career.
                      I find Wolf's music incredibly boring. All I can figure is that's what happens when you play all the instruments yourself (yet other artists have pulled it off and still sounded interesting). I've seen him live, too, and it's boring live even with other musicians. You need other musicians and flavors to spice up the soup. But he's so fucking spoiled he wants it all to himself. None of his songs stand out, I can't remember a one of them, except for the one he strategically released as a single to capitalize on his dad's passing. Only interesting thing about that was the video with the emotional stuff in it. If not for the video, no one cares about the song. The kid's a fuckin bore.

Comment

• Catfish
                        Sniper
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet
                        Judging from Wolf's last interview basically saying his dad was a hindrance, I wouldn't be surprised if he really didn't want a lot of VH releases out there.
                        The argument about old VH stuff being released because it would take the shine off of Wolf is one thing, but I'd bet another reason why is because Wolf has been stealing dad's unused riffs for his own stuff. What a dick!

Comment

• Never was
                          Foot Soldier
                          • May 2012

The fat fuck is delusional cunt like his mother. No one and I mean no one is listening or talking to him if his last name is Jones or whatever.

Dude needs a year in the real world and help getting his fat ass off the toilet which is the only throne he belongs on.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

Food for thought. How many of us would be able to play all the instruments if we had access to a studio full of them and no job? Wolf never had any kind of job. He never went to college. That’s a lot of free time to learn shit.
                            No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Terry
                              It's that long-established Van Halen 101 narrative...Dave was difficult to deal with...Ed was blameless in all of it...Sammy Hagar was a nice guy...Valerie was 'America's Sweetheart'...Wolfgang inherited Eddie's talent.

Sammy, Wolfgang and Valerie still publicly feed into that simplistic narrative. I mean, you'd think in general terms people would be smarter than to just buy into that public image of who Van Halen was as individual personalities. I have no doubt Ed, Al, Valerie and Wolfgang all were and are as capable of self-absorption, nastiness and whatever as much as anybody else is.

With Dave, maybe he IS making some of this stuff up or maybe he's just letting it rip because at this point why not?
                              I recall Noel Monk said Eddie was the only member of the band he genuinely liked on a personal level and that he could be "very sweet". I think he also noted that by the 1984 5150 Studio sessions Ed was swimming in a sea of alcohol in a cocaine cyclone and he was a raging cock at times when drunk...

Comment

• Nitro Express
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Aug 2004

Wolf wipes his ass with the VH legacy and Sam smells the toilet paper. Nobody wants the VH legacy more than Sam.
                                No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

Working...