X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Von Halen
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by Never was
    I just wonder how Wolf reacts when his 3rd record fails to have a hit.

Also, as he loses control of the VH narrative and stuff he doesn't want to happen begins to happen anyway. I can not imagine his entitled ass taking that well. How will tubby implode
    I'm hoping he explodes, as opposed to implodes.

As long as these idiot bands like Metallica and whoever else, keep propping this dope up by handing him an opening slot, he'll probably be okay. But as soon as he has to support all that flab on his own two feet, it will be over for him.

This dudes music is beyond lame. Beyond boring. His last name is the only thing getting him what little attention he's still getting. His candle is burning super quick at this point.

That wife of his better have a kid or two really soon so she can divorce his fat smelly ass as soon as possible.

Comment

• Nitro Express
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

I’m predicting Wolf will become a bigger social media basket case than his mother is. He will be the classic case of the unhappy trust fund kid before he becomes another American obesity statistic. Mrs. Wolf will end up with the money and enjoy it with her next husband.
      No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

It’s hard to get pregnant when your husband is the Michelin Man.

Comment

• Nitro Express
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

It’s hard to watch so much of the VH legacy get inherited by such a thankless glob of lameness. I wish Janie was the first wife. Funny how much Ed improved when he got a new woman. He was a miserable fuck with Valerie. How come Al’s kids turned out so much better than Wolfie? Shit if I was married to that whack job actress I would crawl into the bottle as well.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
            ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

I saw Wolfgang showing Chris Shifflet from the Foo Fighters how he taps on his “Shred with Shifty” podcast. So much for blazing his own trail. It’s more like he picked up the ball and ran in the wrong direction with it.

Comment

• Nitro Express
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

Yeah well You Tube is full of people who can write mediocre songs and people who can play like Eddie as good as someone who isn’t Eddie can. None of these people are somebody you want to look at on stage. Yeah, and was creative and could play but there was a major cool factor about him. You wanted to see him on stage.

You have to have the cool factor or you are sunk. Wolfgang is incredibly lame. Would anyone give a fuck about Taylor Swift if she was all fat and sloppy and had no charisma?

Comment

• Nitro Express
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

Anyways I’m tired of the fat fuck. He’s a product of Howdy Doody Mountain which was Dave Roth’s way of saying the land of lame fucks. Val bagged a rockstar and ruined him. Wolf sadly is the result of that fuck up. Ed should have ran but he was smitten a Hollywood actress wanted his cock.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                  ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                  Yeah well You Tube is full of people who can write mediocre songs and people who can play like Eddie as good as someone who isn’t Eddie can. None of these people are somebody you want to look at on stage. Yeah, and was creative and could play but there was a major cool factor about him. You wanted to see him on stage.
                  Totally true. All of these guys who sprung up on YouTube, no matter what the age, though they’re mostly young, are as boring as fuck to watch sitting in their bedroom home studios. Then they look like they’re about to shit their pants when they play live.

When I see those recently cleaned up videos of Ed from ‘78 going into these crazy body movements and shim shams while banging out his solos, both my eyes and ears are mesmerized! This new kid from Italy, whose name forever escapes me, is frightfully boring to watch. He makes me not care that he’s sitting on a unique right hand three finger picking technique.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister

I guess it misses that $10 an album was a long time ago now so ignores inflation, no earning from singles and did we really listen to albums we bought 20 times each on average? Also the $5k per million is the total earnings so from that WVH still has to pay record company, manager and so on.
                    Maybe beside your point, but I recall buying CD's on a military installation where prices were supposed to be cheaper and paying at least $15 a CD in the early 1990's. I've never had any sympathy for the cunts that ran the record industry and charged probably a markup of 20X the cost of burning a fucking CD before everyone could do it on their desktop.

Who was it, "Big train" that used to post here claiming to be a former WB A&R guy? They can piss and moan about Napster and iTunes or whatever, but they slit there own throats in the late 80's and early 90's and created that whole cheap or largely free download market...
                    Last edited by Nickdfresh; 04-02-2024, 04:37 PM.

Comment

• VHscraps
                      Veteran
                      • Jul 2009

No, Sesh, I wouldn't equate sales with quality - some of my favourtie albums sold shit. I am just questioning the idea that Wolfgang having a record that hits #26 or whatever on the charts actually means anything now.

I can't post images but I have a very interesting clipping from Billboard, December 1984 about VH's 1984 album that says that the album had sold 8 million worldwide by December '84 - it wasn't released on CD in 1984, it was vinyl and tape only. There weren't actually many CDs released in the first few years of the new format.

I think you are right that the overall sales figures have been boosted by people buying the records two and three times, but that also applies to all 70s and pre-CD early 80s acts who were still active and high profile into the CD era.

If anything, I think the sales of those two Diamond albums are probably under-reported / under-estimated (however the streaming data is folded into those estimated total sales figures these days). I think all the VH certifications are more than 20 years old, so somebody doesn't want to have the sales audited.
                      THINK LIKE THE WAVES

Comment

• Von Halen
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Bertinelli was all over the place while promoting her new cookbook on ’The View.’

Crazy bitch.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Is there no beginning to her talent?

Comment

• Seshmeister
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by VHscraps
                            No, Sesh, I wouldn't equate sales with quality - some of my favourtie albums sold shit. I am just questioning the idea that Wolfgang having a record that hits #26 or whatever on the charts actually means anything now.

I can't post images but I have a very interesting clipping from Billboard, December 1984 about VH's 1984 album that says that the album had sold 8 million worldwide by December '84 - it wasn't released on CD in 1984, it was vinyl and tape only. There weren't actually many CDs released in the first few years of the new format.

I think you are right that the overall sales figures have been boosted by people buying the records two and three times, but that also applies to all 70s and pre-CD early 80s acts who were still active and high profile into the CD era.

If anything, I think the sales of those two Diamond albums are probably under-reported / under-estimated (however the streaming data is folded into those estimated total sales figures these days). I think all the VH certifications are more than 20 years old, so somebody doesn't want to have the sales audited.
                            RE the debut album according to Wikki which cites RIAA as the source -

On August 7, 1996, Van Halen was re-certified by the RIAA for selling ten million copies in the United States alone.[44] One of only seven rock bands to release two RIAA Diamond status albums, Van Halen remains one of Van Halen's two best-selling albums, along with 1984.

Van Halen went to Gold status on May 24, 1978, and then went to Platinum status just a few months later, on October 10, 1978. In less than a year the album sold more than one million copies in the US alone, meaning that the album was already a great success. On October 22, 1984, the album went to 5× Multi-Platinum status. The album went to 6x Multi-Platinum on February 1, 1989, and then went to 7× Multi-Platinum on September 29, 1993. In less than a year later, on July 11, 1994, the album went to 8x Multi-Platinum, and finally, on August 7, 1996, just two years later, the album went to Diamond status by RIAA.[11]

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                              ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by Von Halen
                              Crazy bitch.
                              She referred to the trolls that upset her no less than three times in four minutes. Someone else has that same problem but I just can’t remember who it was.

Comment

• Terry
                                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                                I don't think it can be underestimated how lucky Van Halen were with their timing though. There were a lot of complaints which are completely correct about the shitty horrible record deal they signed but I've never heard them say anything about how they must have massively benefited from the introduction of CDs at the almost perfect time for them. How many people bought their albums twice once on vinyl and then again on CD? Particularly the 2 biggies VH1 and 1984.

Van Halen 1 sold around a million early on but it took to 1996 before it reached 10 million Diamond status. I think a significant amount of that was people buying it twice. It certainly wasn't anything to do with the 10 years of them not playing it live with Hagar.
                                All of that I'd imagine is true, if only by my own experience with the CVH catalog over the decades, where I first had the records on vinyl, then cassette and finally CD...and even with the CD's some of those titles I've purchased twice in that format alone.
                                Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

Working...