Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: This Fuckin' Kid

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post

I'm glad I'm not the only person who has noticed how overblown at times the compliments online toward Wolfgang are re: "Wolfgang is as good a guitar player as his father was!" and that type of hyperbole.
    The fat Wolf boy has never and will never, write a tune on the guitar that approaches anything as genius as his father. The day that motherfucker writes something like "In A Simple Rhyme" or "Panama" or "The Full Bug" or any one of a bunch of other examples, is the day I fall over dead. That fat fuck has ZERO originality. His dad had all originality.

I wish this fat Wolf fuck would just explode already. Like the guys head in the movie Scanners. Only his fat fuck gut, not his big fat head.

your last loose end
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Rikk View Post
    EVERYTHING recorded for A DIFFERENT KIND OF TRUTH were new recordings. They did NOT use any of the 2000 demos. It was all done new…

But NOTHING from the 2000 sessions was on A DIFFERENT KIND OF TRUTH.
    One more time, but with feeling. lol.

Ok, I yield. But I also think Shanks stripped classic Dave howls and screams from back in the day and supplanted them in the songs.

Right before, “heroes aren’t born, they’re cornered” in Chinatown, there’s a vintage “whooahh!” with different ambient echo than the rest of the track. It almost sounds like it was from Oakland ‘81.

Also, just before the solo to She’s The Woman, there’s a powerful, long scream with a younger Dave voice.

There are a few others, but I’d have to give it a good listening to pick them out. Been a while since I’ve given the whole of ADKOT a spin.

THE SHEEP PEN
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Von Halen View Post
    I wish this fat Wolf fuck would just explode already. Like the guys head in the movie Scanners. Only his fat fuck gut, not his big fat head.

He'd be like that Mr. Creosote from Monty Python's THE MEANING OF LIFE!!!

Remember that scene in which one "wafer-thin mint" is just too much and he explodes all over the restaurant??

That's Wolfie in 5 years!!
    Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
    Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    It’s hard to sing from the diaphragm when it’s covered in flab. Oh well. It’s full steam ahead to heart disease and diabetes.
    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

THE SHEEP PEN
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Express View Post
    It’s hard to sing from the diaphragm when it’s covered in flab. Oh well. It’s full steam ahead to heart disease and diabetes.
    There's no way (at his weight) that he doesn't already have early heart disease. His arteries must be a nightmare.

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
    couldn't care less. As in "I couldn't care less about your stupid grammar lesson."

Sorry, pet peeve.
    But that assumes his capacity to care less had been fully achieved... but the fact that it's mentioned means there's still some amount care left in the bucket... most likely backwash or rim scum but still more than zero. Meaning he could have cared less or he wouldn't have bothered to even waste time on the subject if he was completely out of shits to give...

Class dismissed...
    "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I think your assumption is off... there's many excellent fat-assed singers. Anne Wilson of heart is a good example.

I wouldn't be too concerned about Wolfgang's physical ability to crank out mediocre, boring post-grunge crap... he'll muddle along just fine...

Charcoal Mellowed
    Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by DLR Bridge View Post
    However, I was implying that, once you get to his age, he can (“could” in original sentence) care less about things if he so chooses.
    Gotcha. In that context it makes more sense.
    I can almost hear him saying "I could care less (but I don't.)"
    Last edited by silverfish; 03-01-2024 at 01:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by sadaist View Post
    I don't mind that one Nickelback song. I just hate the fact that they put it on every album 10 times.

Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Some singers like Linda Rhondstat lose control of their diaphragm due to health reasons. Her vocal chords are fine but no way to control the diaphragm due to Parkinsons. In her case it was cocaine induced due to 70's lifestyle. If a long term patient it eventually reaches your hypothalamus which impacts muscle control and regulation so often body temp is off so you can be freezing cold under 120 degrees lights onstage.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Good spot by the DLR Podcast folk that Roth has now changed the name of this from 'This Fuckin Kid' to 'This Crazy Kid'.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ZahZoo View Post
    I think your assumption is off... there's many excellent fat-assed singers. Anne Wilson of heart is a good example.

I wouldn't be too concerned about Wolfgang's physical ability to crank out mediocre, boring post-grunge crap... he'll muddle along just fine...
    You forgot to mention Pavarotti and Meat Loaf. Oh he will muddle on just fine to the diabetes clinic and possibly the heart doctor. There’s going to be a whole lotta trouble when you take your doughnuts home. .

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Rikk View Post
    There's no way (at his weight) that he doesn't already have early heart disease. His arteries must be a nightmare.
    Yup. He’s been obese his whole life. I wonder what his blood pressure and A1C is right now? He probably has to get checkups to get his tours insured. If you are on the heavy side you definitely want to monitor your blood sugar and blood pressure. They can suddenly spike.
    Last edited by Nitro Express; 03-04-2024 at 01:56 AM.

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    https://blabbermouth.net/news/wolfga...-grain-of-salt

Wolfgang Van Halen has responded to the disparaging comments that David Lee Roth has made about him.

In a new interview with "The Morning X With Barnes & Leslie", Eddie Van Halen's son, who joined VAN HALEN at just 15 years old, was asked why he thinks Roth has called him out "in such a vile fashion". He responded (as transcribed by BLABBERMOUTH.NET): "I guess I'm honored he even thinks about me as much as he seems to. I guess you have to take what he says with a grain of salt considering he also said that he wrote [Eddie Van Halen's classic instrumental] 'Eruption' and came up with the Frankenstein [red-white-and-black-striped pattern Eddie Van Halen made famous on his guitar]… He said he wrote all the solos that Dad wrote."

Wolfgang continued: "I guess that's all I can say. I seem to have been born into this VAN HALEN drama that has come way before me. And I guess now that my dad isn't here to be a target, I guess he went to the next best thing."

During the same chat, Wolfgang shot down the possibility of a VAN HALEN tribute concert or tour involving him. "I don't wanna play that music without my dad," he said.

your last loose end
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I guess I guess I guess I guess I guess. That’s my big takeaway. Not an actual word about anything Dave asserted. Probably would’ve been better for him had he just said nothing.

THE SHOWSTOPPA
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Silexxx View Post
    https://blabbermouth.net/news/wolfga...-grain-of-salt

Wolfgang Van Halen has responded to the disparaging comments that David Lee Roth has made about him.

In a new interview with "The Morning X With Barnes & Leslie", Eddie Van Halen's son, who joined VAN HALEN at just 15 years old, was asked why he thinks Roth has called him out "in such a vile fashion". He responded (as transcribed by BLABBERMOUTH.NET): "I guess I'm honored he even thinks about me as much as he seems to. I guess you have to take what he says with a grain of salt considering he also said that he wrote [Eddie Van Halen's classic instrumental] 'Eruption' and came up with the Frankenstein [red-white-and-black-striped pattern Eddie Van Halen made famous on his guitar]… He said he wrote all the solos that Dad wrote."

Wolfgang continued: "I guess that's all I can say. I seem to have been born into this VAN HALEN drama that has come way before me. And I guess now that my dad isn't here to be a target, I guess he went to the next best thing."

During the same chat, Wolfgang shot down the possibility of a VAN HALEN tribute concert or tour involving him. "I don't wanna play that music without my dad," he said.
    He didn't address any of Dave's comments towards him cause he knows its all legit.
    =V V=
    ole No.1 The finest
    EAT US AND SMILE

THE SHEEP PEN
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    The tub of lard is also lying more. I have NEVER heard Dave say anything ever about writing ERUPTION or writing Ed's solos for him.

Wolfgang can't deny what Dave is saying...so he just makes more shit up about Dave. (Now I REALLY don't believe that Dave had anything to do with ADKOT being out-of-print.)

your last loose end
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I never heard the line about Dave coming up with Eruption.

As it relates to the stripes, who knows? Maybe on a day when there was no one else in the room, Dave suggested to Ed that he jazz up his guitar like the guy from the Mumps, who had a white guitar with similar black stripes.

Regarding the solos, Dave said on Rogan, respectfully, that Ed would record 4 or 5 takes, composite the best parts, then have to learn that pieced together solo to play it live. I’m certain Dave helped select the good sounding takes, in the very least, early on in their recording process.

I imagine this all ends right here as I don’t think Dave’s intentions were to create some back and forth drama, but who the hell knows at this point.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I never heard the line about Dave coming up with Eruption.

As it relates to the stripes, who knows? Maybe on a day when there was no one else in the room, Dave suggested to Ed that he jazz up his guitar like the guy from the Mumps, who had a white guitar with similar black stripes.

Regarding the solos, Dave said on Rogan, respectfully, that Ed would record 4 or 5 takes, composite the best parts, then have to learn that pieced together solo to play it live. I’m certain Dave helped select the good sounding takes, in the very least, early on in their recording process.
    This.

And it's not at all uncommon I would have thought.

I know even I've very often asked the engineer or anyone in the band who is around what they thought of different versions and also glued bits of solos together. It's not writing it's helping to arrange. In the rock genre guitar solos can be kind of important but typically they may only take 30 seconds to do a take so it would be dumb not to do at least a dozen.

The Eruption thing I've never heard - it's not impossible though that Roth suggested he do a solo spot.

On the stripes thing there has been a massive push back ever since it was mentioned and we'll probably never know. I would say though how many other visually artistic things did Ed come up with and how many has Dave?

On all these issues we do have something in common with Wolfgang, we weren't there.
    Last edited by Seshmeister; 03-06-2024 at 11:11 AM.

your last loose end
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Maybe the hoodied one got the names mixed up from stories he’d heard. The story being that Dave did in fact create Mike’s bass solo and its accompanying antics.

I was recently reading the Cherone interview in the Chris Gill Eruption book and Ed was clearly asking him to pick from solos.

Regardless, all of the Mammoth fanboys are probably pumping their fists at Wolf’s stellar sick burn. Ha!

THE SHOWSTOPPA
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Maybe the hoodied one got the names mixed up from stories he’d heard. The story being that Dave did in fact create Mike’s bass solo and its accompanying antics.

I was recently reading the Cherone interview in the Chris Gill Eruption book and Ed was clearly asking him to pick from solos.

Regardless, all of the Mammoth fanboys are probably pumping their fists at Wolf’s stellar sick burn. Ha!
    Yes, Dave is the one who came up with the solo spot for Mike. Perhaps Pete Angeleus also contributed.

Bottom feeder
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    That MA bass solo was the worst part of any VH show. They'd create amazing momentum (espec in the early days) and then bring it all to a grinding halt for whales fucking for 5 minutes. It was like starting the concert all over again.

THE SHOWSTOPPA
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
    That MA bass solo was the worst part of any VH show. They'd create amazing momentum (espec in the early days) and then bring it all to a grinding halt for whales fucking for 5 minutes. It was like starting the concert all over again.
    Agreed.

I mean I guess they tried to give Mike SOMETHING cause he wasn't a virtuoso or had anything else to offer on stage all by himself.

Bottom feeder
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinnie Velvet View Post
    Agreed.

I mean I guess they tried to give Mike SOMETHING cause he wasn't a virtuoso or had anything else to offer on stage all by himself.
    Cocaine break is all I can think of.

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    The AVH drum solo wasn't anything spectacular, either. Least not the one I saw in 1984. Point of fact, AVH's drum solo in 2008 I enjoyed a bit more because it was a bit shorter.

Yeah, the one CVH show I saw in 1984 felt like a lot of start-stop-start-stop. A few tunes, then a bass solo, then a couple tunes, then a drum solo, then a couple of tunes, then a long Dave rap, then a couple tunes, then a long guitar solo. Wasn't even the best concert I saw that year, much less one of the best I'd ever seen for all time looking back. Biggest indoor rock concert production in terms of staging - lighting, etc. - even to this day.
    Scramby eggs and bacon.

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Yeah, great. Even with Eddie gone the remaining people who were once in Van Halen are still gonna trash-talk each other from here to eternity.

The whole lot of 'em are lame-o's, still blowing their cunt flaps at one another as if there's anything left to fight over or burn each other about.

I'd say I would expect it from someone Wolfgang's age, but isn't HE in his thirties now?

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    The AVH drum solo wasn't anything spectacular, either. Least not the one I saw in 1984.
    Are any drum solo's ever apart from Neil Peart and maybe Tommy Lee?

When I was a kid I could never really understand the point of drum solos and then I started drinking beer and discovered they are great as you don't miss anything when you go for a piss, bass solos x2.

The weird thing about Van Halen though is how early they were in the show sometimes. That makes me think it was for the band - coke break, a chance to check in with the sound guy?
    Last edited by Seshmeister; 03-06-2024 at 04:45 PM.

" Littering and...."
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Well they did have to work in 4 solos....Im guessing Al said " fuck it, Ill get mine over with early"...Im more surprised Ed was always near the end of 90 minutes of playing..

" Littering and...."
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Oh yeah.Stewart Copeland on the list of soloist...fuck it..add Taylor Hawkins and that dude from Zepplin
    Last edited by Fairwrning; 03-06-2024 at 06:14 PM.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Who told you that?

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Seshmeister View Post

When I was a kid I could never really understand the point of drum solos and then I started drinking beer and discovered they are great as you don't miss anything when you go for a piss, bass solos x2.

The weird thing about Van Halen though is how early they were in the show sometimes. That makes me think it was for the band - coke break, a chance to check in with the sound guy?
    The only drum solo from the 1980's I saw that kinda stuck out for me was Eric Carr's on the Asylum tour, and I think THAT was mostly because he had this ridiculously large drum kit and there was some pyro at the conclusion of his solo. The rest of them all sort of blended into this thing of 5-10 minutes of paradiddles and fast rolls down the toms. I also remember I saw Joey Kramer do a drum solo mid-set on the Done With Mirrors tour and he had these lights attached to his gong holder and the lights made these cool patterns while he was soloing.

I did see Motley Crue in the 80's, but only once opening for Ozzy on the BATM tour: that was before Tommy Lee had the drum risers that elevated or the drum rig that went out over the crowd.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Ha! Tommy Lee didn’t have a drum kit. He had a fucking amusement park.

Groupie

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Notice how the Fat Tub of Lard never denies acting like a silver spooned douche kicking out the ladies and complaining about Dave during shows. And we should probably take what HE’s saying with a grain of salt, given Val Jr wasn’t even a seedling when Eruption or the Frankenstein were created. Fat piece of shit.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Sounds like Wolfie and his fat-rich-kid-mail-order-bride aren't miserable fucks at all!

THE SHEEP PEN
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Seshmeister View Post
    Exactly.

John Bonham is my favorite drummer in the world. And I've listened closely to hundreds and hundreds of drummers. He's simply the most perfect rock drummer who ever lived (in my opinion).

AND EVEN THEN...when I watch The Song Remains the Same (I love that movie), the only part in the film during which I kind of shift in my seat, waiting for the scene to be done, is Bonham's drum solo.

When I listen to bands, I listen to the drums sometimes more than anything else. I play drums!! But drum solos are just rarely interesting.

THE SHEEP PEN
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Post SUPER-FAT WALKING CUNT-FLAP Is Such a Fucking Liar!!!

Wolfgang is just plain classless. The fact that the SUPER-FAT WALKING CUNT-FLAP is actually complaining that he's been "dragged into the drama of the VH world" when he (and Sammy) have been the only two opening their fat, smelly mouths these past three years, bitching about Dave (and occasionally Alex)... SO fucking classless.

And yes, notice he did not even TRY to deny Dave's story about throwing out Dave's guests at concerts during the tours...especially the story about throwing out the employee who had the bonus checks for the entire road crew.

Wolfie strikes me as the kind of guy who would not even know the names of anyone on the road crew. "I'm Eddie Van Halen's son, Wolfie!! I don't need to know the names of the help and I could give a fuck if they get their bonus checks."

And Dave totally strikes me as the kind of guy who DOES know the names of the road crew and makes sure they get their bonus checks.

So...because SUPER-FAT WALKING CUNT-FLAP can't deny Dave's story, he instead throws in another unfounded attack on Dave about Dave claiming he wrote ERUPTION and Eddie's other solos.

I've heard or read maybe 200+ Dave & Van Halen interviews...and I've read Dave's book. David Lee Roth never claimed once in his life that he wrote ERUPTION or even got Eddie to do it for the album. (Ted Templeman AND Eddie both tell the story that Eddie was playing ERUPTION in the studio one day and Ted told Eddie, "Let's record that for the album." And Ted has said that he and Eddie would sometimes disagree over which solos should go in the final mix...like on the FAIR WARNING album.)

SUPER-FAT WALKING CUNT-FLAP may have only played in Van Halen with Dave...but apparently he's learned most of his moves from Sammy Hagar. "Let's just make shit up out of thin air" (the only time the word "thin" exists in that CUNT FLAP's existence).

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Most people don’t have the sophistication to get Dave. It goes over their heads. The point Dave was making about Wolfgang is don’t buy the nice guy act. Wolf is very calculating and cruel. I actually had him come after me online because I pushed his buttons. Wolf is not a happy guy and he has the same nastiness his mom has. In fact he’s a lot like his mom. He can put on a happy innocent front but there’s not really a happy person inside and if you hit a nerve look out. I think Dave summed up what Wolfie is quite accurately.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I went to a charity thing Jimmy Page and his partner was doing and he said he had to start using bigger amps because of Bonzo.

THE SHEEP PEN
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Wolf is very calculating and cruel. I actually had him come after me online because I pushed his buttons.
    What did he get angry about with you?

Sounds a bit like what happened to me. Now, mind you...I was trying to get the Walking Cunt Flap to get angry at me, posting under his Twitter announcement, "4 years into your father's career, he was soon to headline the US Festival in front of half a million people. Four years into your career...and you're opening for Creed. "

Walking Cunt Flap banned me immediately from posting on or reading the MAMMOTH WVH Twitter feed (which is kind of equivalent to one of the Golden Girls telling you that you're no longer allowed to see her naked). Walking Cunt Flap's reaction was kind of what I expected (though I was kind of surprised at how quickly he reacted...he must have been on a sugar-rush from the giant tub of Costco Caramel Corn he'd just eaten for a "light snack").

I'd be really curious to know how you provoked Walking Cunt Flap and what his reaction was...

THE SHEEP PEN
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I went to a charity thing Jimmy Page and his partner was doing and he said he had to start using bigger amps because of Bonzo.
    That does not surprise me. Bonzo was just naturally a VERY loud drummer.

Don Henley used to ask producer Glyn Johns (he produced the first two Eagles albums, in addition to engineering Zep's first LP and a bunch of other stuff), "Can you mic my drums the same way you did for Bonzo? I want to get that Led Zeppelin drum sound on our records!" And Glyn said to Don, "It makes no difference what microphones I use. I cannot make you sound like Bonzo. I cannot give you that thunderous sound. Bonzo sounds like that on Zeppelin albums because he literally sounds like thunder...he hits that hard!"

I once read about a Zeppelin concert for which the P.A. failed pumping the drums through the speakers in the arena. And EVEN THEN, the arena audience could STILL hear Bonzo pretty clearly above the guitar, bass & vocal speakers...he was just that loud!

THE SHEEP PEN
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickdfresh View Post
    Sounds like Wolfie and his fat-rich-kid-mail-order-bride aren't miserable fucks at all!
    I still laughed my ass off when I saw the photo of Walking Cunt Flap and his new bride. I remember thinking, "Hmm...yeah. She married him for his looks, right?"

Thread Information