X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Seshmeister
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Kristy
    Excuse me for a seccy here, I'm on drugs.

Sorry, what were we talking about?
    Clearly.

I'm too old to have even heard a Snow Patrol musical number.

Comment

• Kristy
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

They are from Scotland.

Comment

• Kristy
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Rikk
        OK...my take...

8) If Wolfgang joins Sammy Hagar & Michael Anthony onstage, they'd better make sure the stage has good foundations. That is a LOT of man-fat on one stage.
        Okay, I found that one to be a wee bit short sighted. Think of the roadies who have to mop up all that Crisco sweat and lard drool. They have to earn a living, too.

Comment

• Nitro Express
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

What’s the difference between cleaning pens at the zoo and being a roadie for Wolfie? Nothing. It sucks because there’s no extra food left over at the catering table or dressing room.
          No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Rikk
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Jan 2004

I would never say Foo Fighters are the worst band in the world. They are NOT however anything like the hype/massive following they get. I just don't get it.

Grohl is everywhere and it becomes annoying as hell. I HATE every time I see a Brian May or Jimmy Page or Brian Johnson or whomever talk about how he's the greatest guy.

Brian May created songs like DRAGON ATTACK, BRIGHTON ROCK, ONE VISION, etc.

Jimmy Page created DANCING DAYS, KASHMIR, ACHILLES LAST STAND, etc.

Brian Johnson (though not in the same league as Bon Scott) created SHOOT TO THRILL, INJECT THE VENOM, ROCK AND ROLL AIN'T NOISE POLLUTION, etc.

Dave Grohl created...uh...

I liked Foo Fighters a good amount when the first two albums came out. The first album wasn't "I'm the greatest rock star the Earth has ever seen." Songs like I'LL STICK AROUND were nice, simple grunge/rock...homemade, simple music with riffs and melodies. He was allegedly mourning his frontman and just spent some time in the studio.

Once in a while, he's hit it out of the park with something like ALL MY LIFE.

But there were other people from his generation a 1,000,000 times more talented, creating great amounts of music that lasts... Chris Cornell, Scott Weiland...

Dave Grohl came out of the ashes of Nirvana and had this goodwill...people who WANTED to see him do well since they were deifying the singer/guitarist who he'd worked with for four years.

(I don't go in for too many conspiracy theories...but after seeing the documentary SOAKED IN BLEACH and reading a couple of books, I believe 100% that Courtney Love killed Kurt Cobain. It sounds ridiculous, but if you really look at the evidence and listen to the recordings made by the private detective Courtney hired in the week up to Cobain being discovered...the woman was guilty as hell and the evidence of his not actually killing himself is pretty startling. So much of the evidence in her behavior in the weeks AND years after he died also makes her look guilty as hell.)

Wolfgang's music not only follows a lot of the Grohl formula, you also have this situation of silly people WANTING Wolfgang to do well because they associate him with his Dad. The problem is, Wolfgang does NOT have any of his dad's compositional talent (and, frankly, Eddie was great at making kickass music...but he needed Dave to turn his compositions into classics; and if you don't believe me, there are FIVE albums Dave did not sing on to prove my point).

The Crisco Kid has a chip on his fatty shoulder. He hates Van Halen fans.

If that kid had never been born, maybe we'd never have had the 2007-2015 reunion years. Maybe Eddie would have died a lot sooner.

But now...maybe he really is preventing people from hearing what's in the vaults. And that sucks.

Christ, after Jimi Hendrix died, there was a new album in the shops within about six months.

Shitty thing is, even if they do dig out a bunch of the music his dad was working on in those vaults, it's not like us Dave diehards are going to be that excited. They would need someone to sing on those tracks to make them finished songs.

And, clearly, there is NO WAY Dave is going to sing on a Van Halen studio recording ever again.

It really is over.
            Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
            Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
              Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Dave doesn't dislike ADKOT.

Judging from the results he really worked hard at it. Lyrics were great and his singing was as good as it could be for that time.

I think Dave doesn't hold it very highly because he probably doesn't view it as a true VH album since Bass Player isn't on it.
              Which is why he didn't want Wolf along with Ed to do the backing vox. Seems like if MA wasn't on it then Dave would make sure it sounded like he really wasn't. Hence the backing vox being doubled with Dave's vocals only.

I mean that shows Dave really cares about the original band and the way its complete package sounded.
              Last edited by Vinnie Velvet; 02-06-2024, 10:27 AM.
              =V V=
              ole No.1 The finest
              EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• Nitro Express
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

Dave hates Wolfie. He’s willing to sacrifice ADKOT because Wolf is on it. To Dave it’s tainted. I listened to a fairly recent interview and Dave said one of his regrets was waiting around for the guitar player too long. Obviously Dave really wanted to get the classic lineup back but it was a waste of time trying to do it.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

The Crisco Wolf does HATE the classic VH fans. He’s a Sammy lover and Sam is sucking his dick real hard right now. Get ready for some faggy summer shows dedicated (a disgrace) to Eddie Van Halen. Dave has washed his hands of it.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

The Wolfie Sambo Show. Fat fags United.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                      ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

I’m in full agreement with just about all you said, Rikk. I never understood why or even how Grohl became the ambassador of all things rock and roll. Not sure what he did that made possible for him to hobnob and jam with giants. And sure, out of all of the FF albums songs combined, I could probably list 8 or 9 memorable tracks, but literally everything else is just filler.

I’m no conspiracy theorist (though there sure sure a good many juicy theories out there) but I feel Jimi Hendrix, Kurt Cobain and Elliott Smith were killed. Way too many peripheral facts of their realities that don’t jive with their demises. A life of drinking, drugging and depression provides a smoke screen for some duplicitous shit.

Not only does Wolf not have any of his father’s compositional talent, he’s just about run his favorite lyrical theme into the ground. Combating on line haters in his songs, which is fucking childish.

I do find it unfortunate that it’s seeming less likely that we’ll ever hear anything from the vault. Die hards don’t care about finished songs and to be honest, I wouldn’t mind a CDs worth of stuff with no singing on it, from snippets to seven minutes of jamming and experimenting. If anyone ever should have taken the time to make a formal instrumental CD, it’s Ed. Putting something out like that certainly wouldn’t chart, but I bet it would definitely put a smile on a lot of faces.
                      Last edited by DLR Bridge; 02-06-2024, 03:18 PM.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Kristy
                        They are from Scotland.
                        Do you listen to Kip Winger every night because he is from Denver?

Comment

• Nitro Express
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Aug 2004

Dave Grohl is a skilled ass kisser. He makes it look like he’s truly interested in people in a cute fan like way. He’s very good at stroking egos. It’s worked out well for him.

Comment

• twonabomber
                            formerly F A T
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

He's no Pierce Brosnan. Or even George Lazenby

Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• nick500
                              Groupie
                              • Jul 2019

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                              Dave hates Wolfie. He’s willing to sacrifice ADKOT because Wolf is on it. To Dave it’s tainted. I listened to a fairly recent interview and Dave said one of his regrets was waiting around for the guitar player too long. Obviously Dave really wanted to get the classic lineup back but it was a waste of time trying to do it.
                              But he shouldn't be willing to sacrifice ADKOT because Wolfhead is on it.
                              He could have said "No way" to a new album when they tried to do it if he was so concerned about his old fat bass player as opposed to his new fat bass player.
                              He's sacrificing Ed's last finished work along with it.
                              Most people actually like the album just for that alone.
                              And the much maligned Tokyo Dome has about 15,000,000 streams all told on Spotify.
                              That's another 10,000 sales.
                              Maybe Dave is jealous that some Wolf tracks will soon be surpassing his solo stuff in streams and even some VH stuff.
                              Believe it or not.

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
                                Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

But its not only Dave who thinks this way about ADKOT. Its Alex as well.

They both don't feel its worth it to get it back on streaming platforms - as is - at this time.

That doesn't negate any future agreement that would see it back though.
                                =V V=
                                ole No.1 The finest
                                EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

Working...