Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: This Fuckin' Kid

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    It was all so fucking lame 'Try Hard' wasn't it? Like the kind of people that put up a 'You don't need to be crazy to work here but it helps' sign in their workplace. Just as the music and performances become boring and safe they attempted to push the 5150 thing, ooh we are crazy mad men but we are all married and wearing pastel chino pants so safe enough for you to play on the school run.
    Last edited by Seshmeister; 02-01-2024 at 08:28 PM.

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Looks like George Michael joined VH. I always thought that Finish What You Started was a Faith rip-off.

Bottom feeder
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Seshmeister View Post
    It was all so fucking lame 'Try Hard' wasn't it? Like the kind of people that put up a 'You don't need to be crazy to work here but it helps' sign in their workplace. Just as the music and performances become boring and safe they attempted to push the 5150 thing, ooh we are crazy mad men but we are all married and wearing pastel chino pants so safe enough for you to play on the school run.
    This is 100%. If I have to give Van Hagar credit for anything, it's at least for being smart enough to switch gears and go pop/mom rock and find new audiences. There would always be the diehard Ed suck dicks of the world and Von Halens who would celebrate VH no matter what, but going pop got them more mainstream. Smart, considering they knew they would never be taken seriously as a true hard rock outfit again.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    5150 is a sonic prostate exam.
    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

THE SHOWSTOPPA
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Ha yes 100%
    =V V=
    ole No.1 The finest
    EAT US AND SMILE

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    International Playboy
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Sticking to the medical theme, I would suggest that listening to 5150 is the equivalent of a sonic prostate exam, but the material itself is the equivalent of a sonic colostomy bag.
    An Icon©®™Incorporated/GODDAM BUCK-KNIFE JACKBOOT MOTHERFUCK©®™ Production.
    hitchWORLD1969.com© and Old Boy Club© Co-Founder, Investor, and Spiritual Leader 1996-2024©™®

E.U.A.S. - "The Feng Shui in the House That Roth Built!"

R.I.P. - Douglas Hitchens, Jr. aka Hitch1969 aka Supermodel Doug et al... 1-23-2017

"It is possible to OverGap©®™" - Sesh©®™, 5-8-2013

"A reacharound doesn't need to be gay." - Sesh©®™, 1-18-2012

"If we are going to have ex mods posting cocks can they at least be a manageable size." - Sesh©®™, 8-24-2011

"For the love of jive, have a waborita and chill out." - Hitchman©®™, 5-18-2004

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Maybe Sam and Wolfie will sing Moon River together as there is the snapping sound of latex and the gurgling sound of KY Jelly in the background. Bend over Mike!

THE SHOWSTOPPA
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Why don't they just call it the ButterBall Tour

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    The Butterball turkeys spew more gas than the tacos at the Cabo Wabo.

FROGALLIC
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    The Fat Sheep and the Hairy Walrus Tour.

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Dave compares ADKOT to last Muhammad Ali fights.

THE SHOWSTOPPA
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Silexxx View Post

Haha wow.

Classic Dave

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    ADKOT isn't on Spotify but the Tokyo Dome is???

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

I think Dave compared both ADKOT and Tokyo Dome to the last Muhammed Ali fights.

Can't say as I disagree re: Tokyo Dome. Heard maybe 3 or 4 cuts off it once or twice online (probably on this site). Based on what I heard, didn't want to hear the rest of it much less buy a copy.

ADKOT wasn't a bad effort. Quite good in spots. However, a decade + on from the album being released, I don't find I mentally include it with the CVH catalog.

Shit, most of what the band did after Wolfgang joined wasn't particularly memorable, much less holds up against the CVH-era. Mach 4 turned out to be a good thing in that it eventually got Ed up and playing. We got to see Dave with the band again and considering the years that had elapsed since 1985 - some of those years rougher on certain members of the band than others - the band had three good tours where they made an effort and did the best they could. Ed was able to end his professional career with a couple of tours that showcased him playing the CVH stuff about as well as he ever had.
    Scramby eggs and bacon.

Groupie

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    I think Dave compared both ADKOT and Tokyo Dome to the last Muhammed Ali fights.

Can't say as I disagree re: Tokyo Dome. Heard maybe 3 or 4 cuts off it once or twice online (probably on this site). Based on what I heard, didn't want to hear the rest of it much less buy a copy.

ADKOT wasn't a bad effort. Quite good in spots. However, a decade + on from the album being released, I don't find I mentally include it with the CVH catalog.

Shit, most of what the band did after Wolfgang joined wasn't particularly memorable, much less holds up against the CVH-era. Mach 4 turned out to be a good thing in that it eventually got Ed up and playing. We got to see Dave with the band again and considering the years that had elapsed since 1985 - some of those years rougher on certain members of the band than others - the band had three good tours where they made an effort and did the best they could. Ed was able to end his professional career with a couple of tours that showcased him playing the CVH stuff about as well as he ever had.
    I have to disagree with Dave here. ADKOT has some very good stuff on it, certainly better than some of the shit on the Hagar era albums. To compare it to an Ali overdosed on synthroid fighting Holmes and the Berbick fight, where Ali was a lot better, is just totally shitting on yourself for crying out loud. Should we all throw our cds in the garbage, because that is what Dave has done here. All the work that was put in by Ed apparently was for naught, because the songs were all crap. Dave can go fuck himself is all I can say at this point.

Groupie

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Exactly. Dave has lost it. And I would say now we know why we got that album instead of a brand new album.
    Do not get why Dave is basically shitting on himself. ADKOT was worth it just to hear Ed play guitar again. So fuck you Dave.
    I am pissed!

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Here, the whole album. I guess Dave has never heard of YouTube. It might not get as much streams as CVH in Spotify etc. but apparently Dave doesn't like the little money it makes? Or he doesn't want Wolfgang make any money out of it? Or is it better have fucking Van Halen III as last album in Spotify? Weird dude

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    They had a 10 year streaming licensing deal via Interscope Records for ADKOT. That contract expired... Wolfgang made a comment several months ago that someone in the band who goes by 3 initials... we're left to assume DLR... was being difficult and he implied this someone didn't like the record.

Maybe Dave was being difficult or Alex attempted to push a shitty deal for Dave's cut and he told Alex to fuck off... Who knows...

Tokyo Dome was released via Warner Brothers (WB) so it's under a different contract deal with Spotify...
    "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Groupie

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Here, the whole album. I guess Dave has never heard of YouTube. It might not get as much streams as CVH in Spotify etc. but apparently Dave doesn't like the little money it makes? Or he doesn't want Wolfgang make any money out of it? Or is it better have fucking Van Halen III as last album in Spotify? Weird dude
    There are quite a few guys who have all the tracks and the album on YouTube. The comments are pretty positive .
    Apparently 1500 streams on youtube is considered 1 album sale. So 44 album sales from that one guy.
    Not sure about Dave and what got him going, but according to that singing guy Ken Tamplin, there are rumours he has a drug problem. I'm starting to believe it.

Groupie

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by nick500 View Post
    I have to disagree with Dave here. ADKOT has some very good stuff on it, certainly better than some of the shit on the Hagar era albums. To compare it to an Ali overdosed on synthroid fighting Holmes and the Berbick fight, where Ali was a lot better, is just totally shitting on yourself for crying out loud. Should we all throw our cds in the garbage, because that is what Dave has done here. All the work that was put in by Ed apparently was for naught, because the songs were all crap. Dave can go fuck himself is all I can say at this point.
    That’s not what Dave is saying. I think he’s proud of the work he did on that album. He was about the only one trying to put forth a fresh creative effort. But c’mon, the process of making that album was nothing like the glory days. He and Ed would just create music in the garage or the basement or bus. Now they had to be in separate spaces and Ed’s kid between them. The only new song was Stay Frosty and that was entirely written by Roth.

There’s obviously business reasons why it’s not up. Thinking that Dave plain doesn’t like it shows a lack of media literacy

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    If I was ranking Van Halen song by song most of ADKOT would be above half the tracks on Diver Down.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by MasonL View Post
    That’s not what Dave is saying. I think he’s proud of the work he did on that album. He was about the only one trying to put forth a fresh creative effort. But c’mon, the process of making that album was nothing like the glory days. He and Ed would just create music in the garage or the basement or bus. Now they had to be in separate spaces and Ed’s kid between them. The only new song was Stay Frosty and that was entirely written by Roth.

There’s obviously business reasons why it’s not up. Thinking that Dave plain doesn’t like it shows a lack of media literacy
    With a good band usually the best take is the first one. You hit diminishing returns doing more takes and over polishing a song wears the vibe off. Music is like sex. You just go for it. It’s better that way.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Ha! Roth is taking a cheese grater to Wolfie. Dave doesn’t want to claim anything with The Fucking Kid on it.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Hagar could break his all time faggot record if he plays with Wolfie this summer. Mike should be siding with Dave but he’s a gimp. He will eat the corn out of Wolfie’s ass.

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I think it's Dave being quiet while hearing some noise from the Kid in interviews with digs on Dave, etc and finally saying, ok...gloves are off. You wanna play? Let's play.
    Roth Army Canada

your last loose end
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Totally. It’s ’the Kid gloves are off’ meets ‘fuck around and find out.’

your last loose end
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    We are completely in the realm of the well being poisoned, at this point. The moment that chode Eddie Trunk asked, “does that person usually go by three initials?” and the big fella in the hoodie said yes, it was game on. It is something though how Dave taking the high road and not reacting gets him nowhere, but reacting makes him the pariah… he can’t fucking win. Old school Dave would spin people around with his use of non-sequiturs and it drove them nuts. Now, his use of comedic analogy has frustrated the simpletons even more! The casuals and below can’t handle his spin. It’s too out there for them. The more time that goes by, the more I get it, and I don’t view any of it as being harmful to the legacy of him or the the band. The history has been written. Its undeniable what four guys broke their fucking asses from ‘74 to ‘84. Not a God damned thing that happened afterwards with that band actually matters. ADKOT was a gift and we happily accepted it. If this be the end, so be it. I’d hate for Dave to go out taking lumps on the chin from anyone. It was always about Dave and Ed. They’re all that matters.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Revenge is a dish best served cold.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Dave is burning bridges because Van Halen is over and it feels good to get it all out.

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Wolf looks here like one half of the McCrary twins with those sunglasses lol.
    Last edited by Silexxx; 02-04-2024 at 09:24 AM.

Groupie

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by MasonL View Post

I don't necessarily disagree, but the badly chosen boxing analogy implies the group as a whole was past its prime and washed up. I would compare it to Ali fighting Leon Spinks the second time, where he taught the kid a boxing lesson and soundly beat him.
    There was enough skill and fire left to put out something worthwhile, which is what Van Halen did.
    To slag the whole thing and pretty much say no one cares about it, is a misreading of the people who actually bought the album. No it's not the classic era, but it's not lousy either.
    Wasn't You and Your Blues a new track?
    Last edited by nick500; 02-04-2024 at 09:26 AM.

Groupie

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I would agree. The big difference is that Dave's voice on ADKOT is obviously not what it was.
    it works well on most tracks, but Beats Working sounds like a dolphin with a cold.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I have never seen Dave go after anyone this hard. Wolf’s online behavior shows he’s an unstable asshole. Some real shit must have gone down.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    You guys aren’t getting it. Dave is saying the band already had its legacy. It doesn’t need Wolf’s pet project. It was Wolf’s idea and Wolf called Dave to participate.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    What’s great about being old and retired is you need nothing from anyone. You can be completely honest and let it rip. Dave cashed all his checks.
    Last edited by Nitro Express; 02-04-2024 at 09:52 AM.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    20 years from now when asked what was the greatest rock band of all time, Van Halen will be mentioned. David Lee Roth will be listed as one of the great frontmen of all time. Not Sammy. Not Wolfie. They can attention hog all they want but there will be no legacy for them.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Some fat slob names his band Mammoth. Ha! Ha! You can’t make this shit up. Mommy is proud of it. How sick is that?

Groupie

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Wolf looks here like one half of the McCrary twins with those sunglasses lol.
    I imagine that guy shipwrecking on a remote island inhabited by a cannibal tribe. I imagine the look of amazement on those tribal people’s faces when they see a FAT FUCK like that. It would be akin to the face one makes when winning a lottery. They would all rejoice and eat good for the next three days.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I don’t know about good eating. Who likes to eat fat unless you are an old Russian? The best use for Wolf is ballast. Throw him down in the bottom of a ship with some donuts and that ship is going to be as stable as fuck.

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by DLR Bridge View Post
    We are completely in the realm of the well being poisoned, at this point. The moment that chode Eddie Trunk asked, “does that person usually go by three initials?” and the big fella in the hoodie said yes, it was game on. It is something though how Dave taking the high road and not reacting gets him nowhere, but reacting makes him the pariah… he can’t fucking win. Old school Dave would spin people around with his use of non-sequiturs and it drove them nuts. Now, his use of comedic analogy has frustrated the simpletons even more! The casuals and below can’t handle his spin. It’s too out there for them. The more time that goes by, the more I get it, and I don’t view any of it as being harmful to the legacy of him or the the band. The history has been written. Its undeniable what four guys broke their fucking asses from ‘74 to ‘84. Not a God damned thing that happened afterwards with that band actually matters. ADKOT was a gift and we happily accepted it. If this be the end, so be it. I’d hate for Dave to go out taking lumps on the chin from anyone. It was always about Dave and Ed. They’re all that matters.
    Great post...

Regarding Dave's reference to Mohamed Ali's end of his career. Watch this video and the comment makes a lot of sense.

Thread Information