X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Terry
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by conmee
    No offense meant, Terry. It was wrong of me to disparage Kevin and even try to compare him to Hagar. I’m sure that you and the “Battle Axe” wife of yours drive around in a “Slick Black Cadillac” downing cheap bottles of “Thunder Bird” only to find yourself “Breathless” as you “Run For Cover” with Metal Health blaring from your Pioneer cassette player. And there’s nothing wrong with that. Peace.
    The lame part?

Mrs. Terry and I took a drive last summer to our vacation destination (the Twilight Hotel). On the way, we popped in her Monsters Of Rock cd and ROCKED to Cum On Feel The Noize, yo!
    Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Terry
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jan 2004

I actually did see Quiet Riot open for Black Sabbath in 1983.

Quiet Riot were pretty underwhelming as a live act; Black Sabbath was touring the Born Again album and blew QR off the stage...Geezer's bass was so loud it was caving my chest in.
      Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Von Halen
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

I threw up in my mouth the first time I heard Why Cunt This Be Love. To me, it is the worst of Van Hagar.

Comment

• Von Halen
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

I think you owe Von an apology. No way he thought When Cant This Be Love was cool. No way. The first time I heard it I said out loud “what the fuck is this gay shit?!?!” I mean I didn’t have high hopes coming from I Can’t Drive 55, but that song and Only One Way To Rock are like Day In The Life and Stairway To Heaven compared to that cheese that was released in 1986. I mean they couldn’t even out-Journey Journey.
          Commie! How the hell are you bro?

Comment

• conmee
            ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
            • Mar 2003

I'll vouch for Von that he was no fan of If This Can't Be Love, but all bets off on the Squier video thesis as you put it. There may be something to that.

I actually like Quiet Riot, I remember buying the Metal Health album based solely on the album art and single. As Van Halen was my favorite band, and EVH of course my favorite guitarist, I was a bit let down by Carlos on Battle Axe. But damn if I didn't get my money's worth when Kevin sang, "I wanna kiss your lips, not the ones on your face!" Sammy's entire body of work can't hold a candle to that gem.
            An Icon©®™Incorporated/GODDAM BUCK-KNIFE JACKBOOT MOTHERFUCK©®™ Production.
            hitchWORLD1969.com© and Old Boy Club© Co-Founder, Investor, and Spiritual Leader 1996-2024©™®

E.U.A.S. - "The Feng Shui in the House That Roth Built!"

R.I.P. - Douglas Hitchens, Jr. aka Hitch1969 aka Supermodel Doug et al... 1-23-2017

"It is possible to OverGap©®™" - Sesh©®™, 5-8-2013

"A reacharound doesn't need to be gay." - Sesh©®™, 1-18-2012

"If we are going to have ex mods posting cocks can they at least be a manageable size." - Sesh©®™, 8-24-2011

"For the love of jive, have a waborita and chill out." - Hitchman©®™, 5-18-2004

Comment

• conmee
              ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
              • Mar 2003

All is well, Von. Glad to see a few of the old timers. Sad to read about Lounge Machine. When the Lions shit the bed last week, I thought of you, which prompted me to visit the site. Not the shitting the bed part, but just the Lions in general. I remember living in the Motor City in the early 2000s and having to live through the Joey Harrington/Marty Mornhinweg years while the Pistons and Red Wings were winning championships and Kwame was partying in the Manoogian Mansion. At any rate, was really hoping the Lions would get that first Super Bowl appearance and possibly win. At least the Lions have a couple playoff wins post-Barry Sanders, so that's one monkey off their back.
              An Icon©®™Incorporated/GODDAM BUCK-KNIFE JACKBOOT MOTHERFUCK©®™ Production.
              hitchWORLD1969.com© and Old Boy Club© Co-Founder, Investor, and Spiritual Leader 1996-2024©™®

E.U.A.S. - "The Feng Shui in the House That Roth Built!"

R.I.P. - Douglas Hitchens, Jr. aka Hitch1969 aka Supermodel Doug et al... 1-23-2017

"It is possible to OverGap©®™" - Sesh©®™, 5-8-2013

"A reacharound doesn't need to be gay." - Sesh©®™, 1-18-2012

"If we are going to have ex mods posting cocks can they at least be a manageable size." - Sesh©®™, 8-24-2011

"For the love of jive, have a waborita and chill out." - Hitchman©®™, 5-18-2004

Comment

• Von Halen
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

All is well, Von. Glad to see a few of the old timers. Sad to read about Lounge Machine. When the Lions shit the bed last week, I thought of you, which prompted me to visit the site. Not the shitting the bed part, but just the Lions in general. I remember living in the Motor City in the early 2000s and having to live through the Joey Harrington/Marty Mornhinweg years while the Pistons and Red Wings were winning championships and Kwame was partying in the Manoogian Mansion. At any rate, was really hoping the Lions would get that first Super Bowl appearance and possibly win. At least the Lions have a couple playoff wins post-Barry Sanders, so that's one monkey off their back.
                It was heart breaking, but these are not the same old Lions. They are beasts and will learn from this. I have zero issue with Campbell doing what he did all year. If the fucking players had made plays, they'd have won. I thought maybe Reynolds had money on the 49ers!

Comment

• Terry
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Von Halen
                  I threw up in my mouth the first time I heard Why Cunt This Be Love. To me, it is the worst of Van Hagar.
                  First time I heard that tune, it was an immediate reaction of disbelief: THIS was what the Van Halens and Hagar were bragging about all those interviews leading up to the release of the 5150 while they were all bagging on how much Dave sucked?
                  Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

Why Can’t This Be Love is a sonic laxative.
                    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Seshmeister
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Terry
                      First time I heard that tune, it was an immediate reaction of disbelief: THIS was what the Van Halens and Hagar were bragging about all those interviews leading up to the release of the 5150 while they were all bagging on how much Dave sucked?
                      And then the video comes out with Hagar playing guitar and the Madonna mic. That was the end.

Comment

• Catfish
                        Sniper
                        • Jan 2004

I think you owe Von an apology. No way he thought When Cant This Be Love was cool. No way. The first time I heard it I said out loud “what the fuck is this gay shit?!?!” I mean I didn’t have high hopes coming from I Can’t Drive 55, but that song and Only One Way To Rock are like Day In The Life and Stairway To Heaven compared to that cheese that was released in 1986. I mean they couldn’t even out-Journey Journey.
                        Between you and me, and please don't repeat this, I know that Von Halen still celebrates Why Can't Love Walks In as much today as the day he bought the single!

Comment

• Von Halen
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by Catfish
                          Between you and me, and please don't repeat this, I know that Von Halen still celebrates Why Can't Love Walks In as much today as the day he bought the single!
                          Watch your mouth or I'll come out there to Cali and jizz on your little china girls face, like I did one of your other wives.

Comment

• Catfish
                            Sniper
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Von Halen
                            Watch your mouth or I'll come out there to Cali and jizz on your little china girls face, like I did one of your other wives.
                            Gawd Dam! Straight to the nuclear option!!!

I'm sorry I'm sorry I take it back!!!!

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
                              Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Sam will re-release 5150. Newly remixed with new lyrics

1. Good Enough for My Bum
                              2. Why Can't This Be Cum
                              3. Get Up on My Dick
                              4. Reams
                              5. Faggot Nights
                              6. Best of Both Cocks
                              7. Cock Cums In (Alien Butt Sex remix)
                              8. 5,150 Dicks Sucked
                              9. Inside Belcher
                              =V V=
                              ole No.1 The finest
                              EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• Nitro Express
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Aug 2004

Those are the real song names but Warner Brother’s changed them to avoid getting in trouble with Tipper Gore.
                                No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

Working...