X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Von Halen
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Toby Keith Passes Away

The Red Solo Cup dude is gone at 62. Was dragged to one of his concerts by a female once. It was horrible. The music sucked and he was hammered. He was a funny motherfucker on stage that night though. Would have been a better show if he had just done stand up comedy.
  • twonabomber
    formerly F A T
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

I didn't know he was 62. Thought he was closer to my age.

My sister in law would always go to his shows and do the meet and greets. My brother wouldn't go see that garbage, either.

I think the only thing I dislike more than Dave Grohl is cuntry music. Give me a day or two and I will probably find something else I dislike.
    Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Kristy
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

In a recent interview with the Oklahoma City television station KWTV, Mr. Keith, who played a run of shows in Las Vegas in December, said he was still in treatment. “Cancer is a roller coaster,” he said. “You just sit here and wait on it to go away — it may not ever go away.” He said that his Christian faith was helping him get through the treatment and the potential dark outcome.

Nothing eradicates cancer like Christian faith, is there?

Comment

• Nitro Express
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

Meh. Just another rubber stamp cowboy manufactured by the Nashville Machine. Johnny Cash, Buck Owen’s and Hank Williams were real country music. It pretty much went to shit in the 80’s.
        No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• DLR Bridge
          ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

I was just at his Oklahoma restaurant this past Friday. We’re all drinking, having a good time, then someone from our group mentioned he had stomach cancer. It was almost like one of those SNL Debbie Downer sketches. I knew nothing about him, only of him.

Comment

• Nitro Express
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

Country western was not my thing but my mom’s side of the family had real cowboys in it. My grandfather used to break horses and he had a finger missing because it got caught between the saddle horn and the rope when he roped a calf. The only time you did not see him with a Stetson hat is when he was sleeping. He would hang his hat on a nail in the wall. When he died his hat hung up on that wall as long as my grandmother lived.

Comment

• Nitro Express
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

If you have never rode a bucking horse for fun you aren’t a real cowboy. Anyone can buy a big hat, a big belt buckle and some boots.

Comment

• FORD
                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

I guess he really won't ever smoke weed with Willie again now.....

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                  SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Not a huge country fan but this sucks. I didn't realize he had stomach cancer. I think one of his former bodyguards opened a pretty good BBQ restaurant not far from where I used to live in the southern tier of NY...

Comment

• Kristy
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

Was in the grocery store earlier and they were playing his hits like it was his funeral or something.

Comment

• Fairwrning
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Jan 2004

I would out smoke Willies' old ass...

Comment

• Fairwrning
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Jan 2004

62 is rough though..dude had lost a ton of weight

Comment

• Nitro Express
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Aug 2004

Toby Keith with Sammy Hagar in 2007.

Ed and Al hated every other band — everybody else sucked. When I hear a musician I like, I want to embrace him, bring him backstage, make him welcome. I brought Kenny Chesney backstage on that tour and took him to meet Eddie. Eddie shook his hand and turned around. "I gotta take a shit," he said. He walked into the john with the guy standing right there.

Another time, Toby Keith came to see us in Oklahoma City, not far from his hometown. I decided to do his "I Love This Bar" during my acoustic segment and Toby would walk out midway through the song and sing the rest of it with me. Toby told me that while he was waiting backstage, Eddie cornered him and tried to keep him from going out: "Why would you want to go on with him?" Ed asked. "Why didn't you come out with us?" "You didn't invite me," Toby said. "I'm inviting you now," Eddie said. "Why are you wearing that cowboy hat?" "I'm a country guy," said Toby. "No, it's because you're bald," said Eddie.

Toby walked out onstage halfway through the song and the place exploded. Eddie went crazy the rest of the night. He destroyed his dressing room after the show. His son, Wolfie, was in my dressing room, scared and crying.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

Toby hung around Sammy Hagar. That’s probably what gave him the cancer.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                              ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Well, that’s certainly not a very good Ed story. Of course, he was hanging out in the pits of hell at that time, but still…

Comment

Working...