On Track…Van Halen by Morgan Brown (2023 book)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Catfish
    Sniper
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
    wtaf!!??
    Originally posted by Warham
    Robert Palmer (RIP, should be in the RRHOF too) was far more talented than Hagar. He could write better tunes and he came up with the Power Station sound.
    To finish the degrees of separation, Hagar blatantly ripped off Robert Palmer's 'Bad Case of Loving You' in his putrid Drive 55 song. How he got away with that is beyond me.

Comment

• Rikk
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jan 2004

Seriously, Sammy Hagar is a dirty, rotten son of a bitch for wasting real human resources singing steaming goat shit like this:

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
      Well, I've always tripped on commercials, yeah, yeah
      We can tell, you fucking cunt. Your lyrics have the imagination and literary depth of a commercial for Cheap Plumbing.

I've seen Olive Garden commercials more fascinating than anything you've ever had to say about anything.

Tell me, who ya gonna call
      I wish Ray Parker Jr. had sued his fat, tequila-peddling ass. Dave borrows from Chicago bluesmen, Louis Prima and Al Jolson. Sam steals from fucking Ghostbusters.

You got to have it quick (got to have it quick)
      I thought you don't want women to be too quick? Didn't you want them to take their time and fucking "finish what they started" or whatever?

Well, just a-hang your love line in her direction, whoa
      Whoa, indeed.

Call her up on the spank line, uh
      I bet sheep actually text each other stupid shit like, "Hey, man...call me up on the spank line...LOL." The pinnacle of Ched-head wit is quoting song lyrics from "legendary" songs in their own sad cult like SOURCE OF ERECTION.

Three dollars, first minute, gosh, man, after that, cost ya four
      He apparently KNOWS this. There was no Google in 1991. He must have known from experience. I bet he even would say, "This is Sammy Hagar from Van Halen. Don't you like me better than Dave? Anyway, get me hard."

Yeah, it's a spank line, ha, ha, ha, ha, woo
      There's nothing more disgusting than an aging guy with greasy blonde hair & taco-breath talking to YOU while he's getting horny.

1-900-spanked you bad, bad, bad, boys
      Hagar was a boxer in the 60s, right? Too bad he couldn't have gone the way of Kim Duk-koo or Patrick Day before he had a chance to begin his "music career."
      Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
      Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• Rikk
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jan 2004

Robert Palmer (RIP, should be in the RRHOF too) was far more talented than Hagar. He could write better tunes and he came up with the Power Station sound.
        Actually, I like his 70s stuff. It sounds like Little Feat (another good band that Van Hagar decimated with a cover version).
        Roth Army Militia

Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• Seshmeister
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

On a vaguely related note I don't know if everyone else knew this already but I learned last week that little Andy Taylor has stage IV cancer which is a shame.

Comment

• twonabomber
            formerly F A T
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Andy Taylor didn't go to Duran Duran's Rock Hall induction because of his cancer. Simon LeBon read a letter from Taylor as part of their speech.
            Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Rikk
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Jan 2004

I thought I heard that Taylor is in a form of remission and the doctors gave him a few more years? I could be remembering wrong...
              Roth Army Militia

Comment

Working...