X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nitro Express
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Catfish
    You fucking geeks talking about Ed's strings and toys. This is a thread about Rocky!

God dammit where's the moderator!!!!!
    I think if Ed met Clubber Lang, he would shove a guitar neck up his ass and turn him into a popsicle.
    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• DLR Bridge
      ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Thought this thread needed a soundtrack.

Comment

• Kristy
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

That's terrible.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
          ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Sorry, I couldn’t find a Jimmy Page version.

Comment

• Mushroom
            Commando
            • Jul 2009

This Fuckin’ Kristy
            Last edited by Mushroom; 02-27-2024, 02:42 AM.

Comment

• Mushroom
              Commando
              • Jul 2009

Originally posted by DLR Bridge

Thought this thread needed a soundtrack.
              I give the performance a B+. I dig Paul’s adaptation but he can’t help himself puking out the obligatory and unnecessary speed runs, thereby detracting from the overall performance for me.

Comment

• Mushroom
                Commando
                • Jul 2009

I saw Rocky III in the theater as a late pre-teen. Rocky III did something the first two movies did not: introduced a frightening character Clubber Lang. Apollo Creed was Rocky’s adversary but he was also suave, confident, likable; that’s also why Rocky III-IV worked. Clubber Lang was Rocky’s nemesis.

Brilliant franchise! Bravo

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                  ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by Mushroom
                  I give the performance a B+. I dig Paul’s adaptation but he can’t help himself puking out the obligatory and unnecessary speed runs, thereby detracting from the overall performance for me.
                  Oh, no doubt. He’s a total caricature of himself in that regard. I saw him do the primary root of the theme on his Rick Beato interview and was actually more impressed by that. He is one of those guys who can pretty much play whatever he wants, always.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                    ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by Mushroom
                    I saw Rocky III in the theater as a late pre-teen. Rocky III did something the first two movies did not: introduced a frightening character Clubber Lang. Apollo Creed was Rocky’s adversary but he was also suave, confident, likable; that’s also why Rocky III-IV worked. Clubber Lang was Rocky’s nemesis.

Brilliant franchise! Bravo
                    Yeah, it’s III and IV for me. The original is a classic, but too drawn out and II is sort of the same thing only sillier. I actually haven’t seen any of them after IV.

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Nov 2004

The only Rocky I ever saw was III, at the flicks with my Dad and a couple cousins. I remember my Dad had taken us there for our own pleasure. He couldn't help giggling at the "eye of the tiger" as, for him, he rather had the "eye of the fried fish".
                      posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
                      posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

The first one was the best. It got more ridiculous and cartoonish after that. But hey, the public gobbles shit up like a swarm of flies so why not sell them some?
                        No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

Working...