Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rikk
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

Hey, I'm just saying a fighter CAN die in the ring. It has happened actually a small handful of times.

ROCKY IV is STILL no ROCKY, ROCKY II, ROCKY III or ROCKY BALBOA.
    Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
    Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• Catfish
      Sniper
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Terry
      Ok, fine, fuck it.

Since a real-life somebody once died in a boxing match it stands to reason Rocky IV is the greatest boxing movie ever...or at the very least, the greatest movie in the Rocky series after Rocky I, Rocky 2, Rocky 3, Rocky 5 and Rocky 6.
      It makes me feel better knowing someone in real life died in the ring

Comment

• Rikk
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Catfish
        It makes me feel better knowing someone in real life died in the ring
        There are all sorts of strange things that happen on this-here planet.

I remember we once had a moderator named Pete. Legend has it, Fabulous Shadow ate him.
        Roth Army Militia

Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• Seshmeister
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Ok, fine, fuck it.

Since a real-life somebody once died in a boxing match it stands to reason Rocky IV is the greatest boxing movie ever...or at the very least, the greatest movie in the Rocky series after Rocky I, Rocky 2, Rocky 3, Rocky 5 and Rocky 6.

Ivan Drago can box my sweaty sack.
          It's a lot more than one...

Comment

• Terry
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
            Oh, good lord!

My only wish is that Apollo Creed wasn't a fictional character and had an actual grave so that I could kneel next to it and beg forgiveness for my thoughtless comment re: Rocky IV licks my taint.

Btw, R4 STILL licks my taint!!!!

There's no easy way out...
            Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Seshmeister
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

You said something that was factually incorrect on this forum and you know that is completely forbidden.

Comment

• Terry
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Jan 2004

Hey, motherfucker!! Those guitar strings Eddie Van Halen used to boil? Those were Ernie Ball Super Slinky .008 strings!!! NOT .009!!!!

Fuckin' dumbass!
                Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Yeah and Ed never lied when he said he never used any guitar effects, he used to just move between different sized rooms very quickly and what people thought was him using a phaser was just him opening and closing his mouth around the amp mic like you can do when you brush your teeth.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

Ed said he never used distortion pedals. He did say he used effects. I have an exact copy of Ed’s 68 Super Lead. You drop it down to around 88 volts and turn the bias pot up and dime all the knobs the amp compresses. It gets that tone with no pedals and it’s real saggy. You can use a regular PAF or a high impedance pickup and either sounds good. You get more drive with the hotter pickup. My amp has Heyborer transformers which are US made but they sound like the old British Drake Transformers. MojoTone uses them.
                    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

Hey, motherfucker!! Those guitar strings Eddie Van Halen used to boil? Those were Ernie Ball Super Slinky .008 strings!!! NOT .009!!!!

Fuckin' dumbass!
                      They actually were Fender pure nickel XL’s. They don’t make them anymore but that’s what I used to string my Ibanez Roadstar with. The wrap was pure nickel so they sounded warmer than the Super Slinkies.
                      No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Seshmeister
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                        Ed said he never used distortion pedals. He did say he used effects.
                        Back in the early 80s when he was super paranoid about being copied he used to say he didn't use any effects. It's the kind of thing you remember because as a kid you are so surprised the first time you see a lie printed in a magazine.

If you pick one of those early years and google Eddie Van Halen effects you will quickly find a quote say

On “Where Have All the Good Times Gone,” do you have an Echo-Plex in the beginning?

Actually, that’s about the only effect that I ever really use. I probably did.
                        Last edited by Seshmeister; 02-22-2024, 07:33 AM.

Comment

• Rikk
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Jan 2004

Nobody lies on this-here forum.

I may live outside Chicago now...but I was once the owner of a huge oil company in Dallas and my real name is Rikk Ewing.
                          Roth Army Militia

Comment

• Von Halen
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                            Ed said he never used distortion pedals. He did say he used effects. I have an exact copy of Ed’s 68 Super Lead. You drop it down to around 88 volts and turn the bias pot up and dime all the knobs the amp compresses. It gets that tone with no pedals and it’s real saggy. You can use a regular PAF or a high impedance pickup and either sounds good. You get more drive with the hotter pickup. My amp has Heyborer transformers which are US made but they sound like the old British Drake Transformers. MojoTone uses them.
                            You should do a video on this set up and post it in the gear forum. We do have a gear forum, don't we? We'd love to see it and hear it.

Comment

• Catfish
                              Sniper
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by twonabomber
                              Creed III is a little far-fetched. I won't spoil it.
                              I don't disagree with this. But one of the things Creed III did very well IMO was bring us inside the fight game. I loved all the behind the scenes stuff with promoters, trainers, etc. But the dramatic payout of Adonis' past felt flat to me and in the end I didn't see any motivation for him to fight Damien.

And I swear to god if Creed IV is about his stupid deaf daughter becoming a boxer I'm going to puke! Watch, it'll happen!!!

Comment

• Catfish
                                Sniper
                                • Jan 2004

You fucking geeks talking about Ed's strings and toys. This is a thread about Rocky!

God dammit where's the moderator!!!!!

Comment

Working...