Rock God
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    A Small Dive in a trashy neighborhood somewhere on Fornax 9
    Status

Pro Shot - April 20, 2013 - Stone Festival, Sydney, Australia

Posted yesterday. Stone Festival Sydney, Australia 4/20/2013.
    First 35 minutes are black and white.

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Nice! There's never too much VH proshot material. Even if it's from 2013 era.

your last loose end
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Always loved their uniformed look in this show. Apparently, they were dressed similarly to the main character of a 70’s Australian movie, Stone, for which the festival was named after.

THE SHEEP PEN
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    HOLY MOTHERFUCKING SHIT!!!

THIS is huge. A full pro-shot concert with Dave!!

This is amazing!! (Download it now...before it gets taken down!!)
    Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
    Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

THE SHEEP PEN
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    There's some idiot at the Links who (after this was posted) said, "If only this were with Sam and Mike."

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I think you can almost see Dave sensibly biting his tongue when Billy Joel says he once saw Ed throwing up backstage because he was 'nervous'...

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I checked in just to see if someone posted this. To bad it's not from 08 when Roth was on his game. Still a fun show. Ed plays great.

THE SHEEP PEN
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Seshmeister View Post
    Thanks for this, Sesh.

I'm already putting together another home-made Blu-Ray for my home theater of this newly-leaked show (with menus, etc.)...and this will make a GREAT supplemental feature! (I'm going to try and dig up other bonus clips. I wonder if there's a "commercial" for the show...one of those 30-second spots advertising the festival.)

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Someone burn this to DVD please !! Before it's gone forever.

THE SHEEP PEN
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by 78/84 guy View Post
    I checked in just to see if someone posted this. To bad it's not from 08 when Roth was on his game. Still a fun show. Ed plays great.
    Yes, Roth was better in 2007-2008...but Eddie was better in 2012-2013.

I'm just so sick of reading idiot comments from sheep, though, saying, "Why couldn't this be a Sammy show?" I mean, fucking shut up. You sheep already have a bunch of officially-released/pro-shot material of that line-up.

Pro-shots with Dave are slim-pickings. THIS is the first professionally-shot show from the Dave reunion era that we've got (unless one counts that Jimmy Kimmel/Ellen compilation, which is only about 40 minutes).

THE SHEEP PEN
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Someone burn this to DVD please !! Before it's gone forever.
    I'm putting together a Blu-Ray with a simple menu, bonus features, etc.

I will be keeping (and backing up) the almost 3 gig file of the concert itself. It's PERFECT quality.

If it gets taken down, it's too late for the loser band. I've got it...and I've already backed it up too.

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Good. And sell them on EBay for $25 just to piss Alex & Wolf off. I read a recent rumor that some of the reason they don't want to release vault stuff is because it might interfere with Wolf's own career. Pathetic if true. I also read Ted admitted he did record at least one Oakland show, and another somewhere else in 81. I'll take that audio even if the whole show wasn't filmed on video.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I saw Billy Joel in Seattle a few years back. He put on a great show.
    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Good. And sell them on EBay for $25 just to piss Alex & Wolf off. I read a recent rumor that some of the reason they don't want to release vault stuff is because it might interfere with Wolf's own career. Pathetic if true. I also read Ted admitted he did record at least one Oakland show, and another somewhere else in 81. I'll take that audio even if the whole show wasn't filmed on video.
    Mammoth is like the new Japanese restaurant that opens and you go to check it out. When you find it’s no better than grocery store sushi you won’t be back. Releasing anything VH isn’t going to affect Wolfgang at all. Heck. They are releasing some of the Hagar shit which him and Mike pimp on Instagram.

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Yeah, but that's old stuff just remastered. I'm talking vault stuff. I mean how good are those recent demos ? They are ready for release. Have Been for years. A guy that interviewed at Sunset Sound said he had a 4 c.d. box set all mixed and ready to roll. I believe he worked for Warner Brothers. I bought a boot of it off of Ebay. Fuck Al & Wolf. And Roth for that matter if they don't wanna give the fans this stuff and make some $$. I'll give it to the bootlegers then. Idiots....

THE SHEEP PEN
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Indeed true.

There are complete losers at the Links who go apeshit, sucking Wolfgang's dick...and getting furious if anyone suggests that Wolfgang has anything to do with the reason the vaults are being kept closed.

One complete nutjob there is claiming that Ed left all of his rights to the band to Alex, bypassing his own son...and Wolfgang has nothing to do with them continuing to release nothing.

It's a complete fucking lie. It IS Wolfgang.

And yes...the inventory of Noel Monk's vault clearly shows 16-track multitrack masters of at least one of the Oakland shows.

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Yeah, and Noel is gone. So where exactly is his vault material now ? In a dumpster ?

THE SHEEP PEN
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Yeah, and Noel is gone. So where exactly is his vault material now ? In a dumpster ?
    His estate sold it to a footage-hoarder piece of shit named Curt Gooch. This guy sells copies of these rarities for a LOT of money and then, somehow, convinces them NOT to share the footage. The only thing that has leaked so far from the Monk collection is the Donington' 84 footage that leaked maybe six months ago.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Curt Gooch also better known as Wolfgang Van Halen.

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Pretty good later era show overall. Definitely better in some parts than Tokyo Dome. Dave sounds, well.. not so great in some parts but band makes some mistakes too. There's a couple of times Dave does seems to singnal that he wants Eddies guitar or Wolfies backing vocals louder in his ear monitor. Maybe only thing he hears is that Wolfies loud as fuck bass so that's one of the reason he sings either too high or is late in some parts. Probably thinking "this fucking kid and his fucking bass! I can't hear shit" lol. Or he thinks he's some Christina Aguilera and can pull of those vocal gymnastics that he didn't even do in the first place.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I read at least 1 review of the show in an Australian newspaper that said the bass was too loud at the show so not just an issue with the video.

To be fair it does highlight that 'the fuckin kid' is playing well.

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Same channel has now uploaded Aerosmiths Osaka gig from 2013. Hopefully he has Van Halens Osaka show too and/or Tokyo Dome. That would make great bluray with that Tokyo Dome cd/hires files as audio.

your last loose end
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Watched all the way through last night. Definitely makes me miss the hell out of Ed. Chinatown. Hoo boy. All I can say is, perhaps they should have performed that as an instrumental break. I almost don’t think 34 year old Dave would’ve been able to do much better with that tune live.

THE SHEEP PEN
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Well, I'm glad they kept all three NEW songs from the tour during this shorter festival gig. It's only five songs shorter than a typical set from 2013.

They cut I'M THE ONE, HEAR ABOUT IT LATER (Dave butchered this song on Tokyo Dome), ...AND THE CRADLE WILL ROCK (I'm fine with them cutting this instead of EVERYBODY WANTS SOME or ROMEO), WOMEN IN LOVE and MEAN STREET. I fucking wish they kept MEAN STREET in the set still.

Good setlist, though.

THE SHEEP PEN
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Silexxx View Post
    Same channel has now uploaded Aerosmiths Osaka gig from 2013. Hopefully he has Van Halens Osaka show too and/or Tokyo Dome. That would make great bluray with that Tokyo Dome cd/hires files as audio.
    At least Joey Kramer was still in the band in 2013. Them kicking him out is bullshit.

I would NOT be surprised if we see more VH stuff at this guy's channel. Bring on Tokyo. Then, we can sync it with the properly-mixed live album and then we'll have a practically perfect live Blu-Ray (though, yes...Tokyo is not one of the band's best gigs from this period...but it's also NOT as bad as some people like to claim...FUCK EDDIE TRUNK).

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Rikk View Post
    There's some idiot at the Links who (after this was posted) said, "If only this were with Sam and Mike."
    That's a given.

Doubtless there are plenty over there who think that Van Halen III was just misunderstood vs. being a bad album.
    Scramby eggs and bacon.

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    His estate sold it to a footage-hoarder piece of shit named Curt Gooch. This guy sells copies of these rarities for a LOT of money and then, somehow, convinces them NOT to share the footage. The only thing that has leaked so far from the Monk collection is the Donington' 84 footage that leaked maybe six months ago.
    I had a weird experience along those lines...shit, this is a LONG time ago now. Probably...1990. I think. Anyway, this dude was big time into Zeppelin. He gave guitar lessons at a music store I used to work at part-time. Was a pretty good rock guitar player. Heavy into playing Zeppelin stuff.

At that point, all I had bootleg-wise was a Zep show from the 1980 tour. The dude said he had a bunch of 1975 Earl's Court shows in their entirety. These are all just audio boots on cassette tapes, mind you.

I said I was very interested in hearing the Earl's Court stuff he had. Asked him if he'd want to trade for the 1980 Europe tape I had. He said no.

Asked him if he'd make me a copy if I gave him a blank cassette tape. He said no.

Asked him if I could pay for him to make me a copy on a blank cassette tape I'd give him to use. He said no.

Asked him if he'd bring his tape into the store sometime so I could at least listen to it. He said he had promised the person who had taped it for him that he would never let anybody else hear it.

Struck me as just plain bizarro stuff back then and still does in a way. Like, I never asked him if he had any Zep boots. He brought up that he had them, only to then say he was bound by the promise he made to some bootlegger not to play them for anyone. Sounds sort of similar to the Gooch dude, who clearly wanted to make some lame stab at keeping whatever Monk CVH stuff he has exclusive only because it's more valuable that way.

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Express View Post
    Mammoth is like the new Japanese restaurant that opens and you go to check it out. When you find it’s no better than grocery store sushi you won’t be back. Releasing anything VH isn’t going to affect Wolfgang at all. Heck. They are releasing some of the Hagar shit which him and Mike pimp on Instagram.
    If people liked Wolfgang's Mammoth stuff, they'd download it regardless of whatever CVH stuff was out there.

It's not like those who had an interest in whatever Wolfgang was doing would have to make a choice between a new Mammoth album or, say, a CVH Vault release.

Wolfgang just wants whatever pity sales for Mammoth he can get from the tons of Eddie Van Halen fans out there.

your last loose end
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    Wolfgang just wants whatever pity sales for Mammoth he can get from the tons of Eddie Van Halen fans out there.
    That’s 54 year old twice divorced fans out there.

That line still kills me. His own band mate and uncle was twice divorced by 54. TFK. (This fuckin’ kid)

THE SHEEP PEN
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by DLR Bridge View Post
    That’s 54 year old twice divorced fans out there.

That line still kills me. His own band mate and uncle was twice divorced by 54. TFK. (This fuckin’ kid)
    HIS OWN MOM too!! The kid is such a fucking scumbag for describing VH fans that way. (And if you believe his own mother's stupid new book, Eddie was on the way to his second divorce too!)

your last loose end
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Yeah, I’m a bit curious about that tale. I recall Val being upset that Ed was alone in the house. I wonder if Janie bounced?

Regardless, that was a shit thing to do, writing all of that. I can’t imagine hoody boy being thrilled with his Mom’s actions there.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    If people liked Wolfgang's Mammoth stuff, they'd download it regardless of whatever CVH stuff was out there.

It's not like those who had an interest in whatever Wolfgang was doing would have to make a choice between a new Mammoth album or, say, a CVH Vault release.

There was a huge curiosity factor with Wolfgang. I don’t like the band logo which was Patrick Bertinelli’s idea but the album art is cool which Wolfgang chose and having different colored LP’s is cool. The marketing is ok. The show is ok. Nothing magical. Nothing that blows your mind. It just ain’t there. I mean what kind of poetry is a sheltered rich kid going to write? The kid grew up in a comfortable prison.

THE SHEEP PEN
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by DLR Bridge View Post
    Yeah, I’m a bit curious about that tale. I recall Val being upset that Ed was alone in the house. I wonder if Janie bounced?

Regardless, that was a shit thing to do, writing all of that. I can’t imagine hoody boy being thrilled with his Mom’s actions there.
    It still makes me laugh that idiots actually think Wolfgang has NOTHING to do with the vaults continuing to be closed.

I would like to think that the fat fuck was all outraged by his mom's book...but I bet he's not crazy about his "stepmom" anyway. Maybe he encouraged her to write all that.

I NEVER have respect for people who (at some point) achieve fame of some sort and then write a "tell-all" book, throwing tons of people under the bus.

Wolfgang & Valerie got all angry when Matthew Perry recounted in his own memoir that he was once at a Hollywood party in the 90s and ended up making out with Valerie Bertinelli (while she was still very much married to Eddie). They were so offended. But it's not like chubby mom is above such sort of "tell-all" behavior.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I want a crazy mother fucker that is unpredictable and can do what nobody has done before.

THE SHEEP PEN
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Express View Post
    I mean what kind of poetry is a sheltered rich kid going to write?
    Bingo.

This kid's life-experience amounts to hanging out with his father, being grossly overweight, getting ANYTHING he wants, touring with a band which was already hugely famous (and whose popularity had nothing to do with him personally) and getting take-out food every day.

This isn't exactly a formula for deep life insight.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    HIS OWN MOM too!! The kid is such a fucking scumbag for describing VH fans that way. (And if you believe his own mother's stupid new book, Eddie was on the way to his second divorce too!)
    Val is just jealous of Jani who seems to be a very happy positive person. Val is so miserable. If she wants to find her biggest enemy just look in the mirror and buying another cat won’t make the pain go away.

Anyways. That’s how things roll on Howdy Doody Mountain. Adam West once told me never marry an actress. Ha! Ha!

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Sorry Val. You got out done by a porn industry publicist. I doubt she blindsided Ed like you admitted to doing. Also you saw all his problems before you married him. You don’t marry a rock star and then act surprised he has an addiction problem.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Anyways Wolfgang grew up on a fruit farm. What can you expect?

your last loose end
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I think he has everything to do with the vaults being closed based on what he said last year. Something to the effect of finding it distasteful when family members of a famous musician release things posthumously. Fucking why? I see nothing distasteful about it, in fact, it is a legitimate way to honor the work they’ve done! I’m not holding out for a finished follow up to 1984. I’m more interested in his pieces of music that meant something to him that he felt compelled to get on tape, otherwise, he wouldn’t have recorded them!

Thread Information