Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 78/84 guy
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • Apr 2005

Yeah, but that's old stuff just remastered. I'm talking vault stuff. I mean how good are those recent demos ? They are ready for release. Have Been for years. A guy that interviewed at Sunset Sound said he had a 4 c.d. box set all mixed and ready to roll. I believe he worked for Warner Brothers. I bought a boot of it off of Ebay. Fuck Al & Wolf. And Roth for that matter if they don't wanna give the fans this stuff and make some $$. I'll give it to the bootlegers then. Idiots....

Comment

• Rikk
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by 78/84 guy
      Good. And sell them on EBay for $25 just to piss Alex & Wolf off. I read a recent rumor that some of the reason they don't want to release vault stuff is because it might interfere with Wolf's own career. Pathetic if true. I also read Ted admitted he did record at least one Oakland show, and another somewhere else in 81. I'll take that audio even if the whole show wasn't filmed on video.
      Indeed true.

There are complete losers at the Links who go apeshit, sucking Wolfgang's dick...and getting furious if anyone suggests that Wolfgang has anything to do with the reason the vaults are being kept closed.

One complete nutjob there is claiming that Ed left all of his rights to the band to Alex, bypassing his own son...and Wolfgang has nothing to do with them continuing to release nothing.

It's a complete fucking lie. It IS Wolfgang.

And yes...the inventory of Noel Monk's vault clearly shows 16-track multitrack masters of at least one of the Oakland shows.
      Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
      Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• 78/84 guy
        Crazy Ass Mofo
        • Apr 2005

Yeah, and Noel is gone. So where exactly is his vault material now ? In a dumpster ?

Comment

• Rikk
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by 78/84 guy
          Yeah, and Noel is gone. So where exactly is his vault material now ? In a dumpster ?
          His estate sold it to a footage-hoarder piece of shit named Curt Gooch. This guy sells copies of these rarities for a LOT of money and then, somehow, convinces them NOT to share the footage. The only thing that has leaked so far from the Monk collection is the Donington' 84 footage that leaked maybe six months ago.
          Roth Army Militia

Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• Nitro Express
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

Curt Gooch also better known as Wolfgang Van Halen.
            No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Silexxx
              Head Fluffer
              • Sep 2010

Pretty good later era show overall. Definitely better in some parts than Tokyo Dome. Dave sounds, well.. not so great in some parts but band makes some mistakes too. There's a couple of times Dave does seems to singnal that he wants Eddies guitar or Wolfies backing vocals louder in his ear monitor. Maybe only thing he hears is that Wolfies loud as fuck bass so that's one of the reason he sings either too high or is late in some parts. Probably thinking "this fucking kid and his fucking bass! I can't hear shit" lol. Or he thinks he's some Christina Aguilera and can pull of those vocal gymnastics that he didn't even do in the first place.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I read at least 1 review of the show in an Australian newspaper that said the bass was too loud at the show so not just an issue with the video.

To be fair it does highlight that 'the fuckin kid' is playing well.

Comment

• Silexxx
                  Head Fluffer
                  • Sep 2010

Same channel has now uploaded Aerosmiths Osaka gig from 2013. Hopefully he has Van Halens Osaka show too and/or Tokyo Dome. That would make great bluray with that Tokyo Dome cd/hires files as audio.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                    ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Watched all the way through last night. Definitely makes me miss the hell out of Ed. Chinatown. Hoo boy. All I can say is, perhaps they should have performed that as an instrumental break. I almost don’t think 34 year old Dave would’ve been able to do much better with that tune live.

Comment

• Rikk
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Jan 2004

Well, I'm glad they kept all three NEW songs from the tour during this shorter festival gig. It's only five songs shorter than a typical set from 2013.

They cut I'M THE ONE, HEAR ABOUT IT LATER (Dave butchered this song on Tokyo Dome), ...AND THE CRADLE WILL ROCK (I'm fine with them cutting this instead of EVERYBODY WANTS SOME or ROMEO), WOMEN IN LOVE and MEAN STREET. I fucking wish they kept MEAN STREET in the set still.

Good setlist, though.
                      Roth Army Militia

Comment

• Rikk
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Silexxx
                        Same channel has now uploaded Aerosmiths Osaka gig from 2013. Hopefully he has Van Halens Osaka show too and/or Tokyo Dome. That would make great bluray with that Tokyo Dome cd/hires files as audio.
                        At least Joey Kramer was still in the band in 2013. Them kicking him out is bullshit.

I would NOT be surprised if we see more VH stuff at this guy's channel. Bring on Tokyo. Then, we can sync it with the properly-mixed live album and then we'll have a practically perfect live Blu-Ray (though, yes...Tokyo is not one of the band's best gigs from this period...but it's also NOT as bad as some people like to claim...FUCK EDDIE TRUNK).
                        Roth Army Militia

Comment

• Terry
                          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Rikk
                          There's some idiot at the Links who (after this was posted) said, "If only this were with Sam and Mike."
                          That's a given.

Doubtless there are plenty over there who think that Van Halen III was just misunderstood vs. being a bad album.
                          Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Terry
                            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Rikk
                            His estate sold it to a footage-hoarder piece of shit named Curt Gooch. This guy sells copies of these rarities for a LOT of money and then, somehow, convinces them NOT to share the footage. The only thing that has leaked so far from the Monk collection is the Donington' 84 footage that leaked maybe six months ago.
                            I had a weird experience along those lines...shit, this is a LONG time ago now. Probably...1990. I think. Anyway, this dude was big time into Zeppelin. He gave guitar lessons at a music store I used to work at part-time. Was a pretty good rock guitar player. Heavy into playing Zeppelin stuff.

At that point, all I had bootleg-wise was a Zep show from the 1980 tour. The dude said he had a bunch of 1975 Earl's Court shows in their entirety. These are all just audio boots on cassette tapes, mind you.

I said I was very interested in hearing the Earl's Court stuff he had. Asked him if he'd want to trade for the 1980 Europe tape I had. He said no.

Asked him if he'd make me a copy if I gave him a blank cassette tape. He said no.

Asked him if I could pay for him to make me a copy on a blank cassette tape I'd give him to use. He said no.

Asked him if he'd bring his tape into the store sometime so I could at least listen to it. He said he had promised the person who had taped it for him that he would never let anybody else hear it.

Struck me as just plain bizarro stuff back then and still does in a way. Like, I never asked him if he had any Zep boots. He brought up that he had them, only to then say he was bound by the promise he made to some bootlegger not to play them for anyone. Sounds sort of similar to the Gooch dude, who clearly wanted to make some lame stab at keeping whatever Monk CVH stuff he has exclusive only because it's more valuable that way.
                            Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Terry
                              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                              Mammoth is like the new Japanese restaurant that opens and you go to check it out. When you find it’s no better than grocery store sushi you won’t be back. Releasing anything VH isn’t going to affect Wolfgang at all. Heck. They are releasing some of the Hagar shit which him and Mike pimp on Instagram.
                              If people liked Wolfgang's Mammoth stuff, they'd download it regardless of whatever CVH stuff was out there.

It's not like those who had an interest in whatever Wolfgang was doing would have to make a choice between a new Mammoth album or, say, a CVH Vault release.

Wolfgang just wants whatever pity sales for Mammoth he can get from the tons of Eddie Van Halen fans out there.
                              Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                                ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by Terry
                                Wolfgang just wants whatever pity sales for Mammoth he can get from the tons of Eddie Van Halen fans out there.
                                That’s 54 year old twice divorced fans out there.

That line still kills me. His own band mate and uncle was twice divorced by 54. TFK. (This fuckin’ kid)

Comment

Working...