X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Silexxx
    Head Fluffer
    • Sep 2010

AI Dave sings Van Hagar

Well eventually we were going to get these. Of course Dave would've never sang it like this. If anything this just shows how much boring Hagar is with his vocal melodies and lacks that what made CVH special. He maybe technically better singer but his voice has personality of a frozen pizza. If Dave is Steven Adler then Sammy is Matt Sorum.
  • Rikk
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

A magazine recently rated Sammy's lyric in the song, "only time will tell if we stand the test of time," as the 8th-worst lyric in all of music history. And I don't disagree with them. It truly is a horrendous line. Watching footage of sheep singing along to that line in concert is like watching the insanity portrayed in a Leni Riefenstahl film.

I actually might have appreciated this idea (in the video) more if the music were the actual Van Halen backing track...not some karaoke job.

The vocal sort of sounds like Dave...but it's not just the voice. It sounds like Dave...but has none of his "whoops" or mannerisms. And...listening to Dave sing Sammy's lyrics...my God. NO. NO!!! It's wrong.

It's similar to the idea of using an AI of David Duke's voice reading a Martin Luther King speech.
    Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
    Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• Seshmeister
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

It can't be saved because It's just not a good vocal melody. Never understood how it sold as a single.

In his whole career Prince only had one #1 single in the UK - 'The most beautiful girl in the world' a song with a simple identical melody for verse and chorus. No one can possibly convince me that is objectively one of his best songs.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
        ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Oddly enough, that sounds more like Mitch Malloy.

Comment

• Seshmeister
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Rikk
          A magazine recently rated Sammy's lyric in the song, "only time will tell if we stand the test of time," as the 8th-worst lyric in all of music history.
          It's been on a lot of worst lists - #1 here.

Counting down the worst song lyrics in classic rock history.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
            ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

I’ve noticed that when you fight a Hagar fan about that gem of a line among many others, they usually go after the lyrics to Jump. Was Jump DLR masterclass? No, but his stream of consciousness simplicity in this case is the perfect fit. Also, there are no lines that make an obvious assertion like time telling us if we stand a chance against it. He might as well have sang, “only sleep occurs if we fall asleep at night.” I actually like that better. Lol.

Comment

• Silexxx
              Head Fluffer
              • Sep 2010

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
              I’ve noticed that when you fight a Hagar fan about that gem of a line among many others, they usually go after the lyrics to Jump. Was Jump DLR masterclass? No, but his stream of consciousness simplicity in this case is the perfect fit. Also, there are no lines that make an obvious assertion like time telling us if we stand a chance against it. He might as well have sang, “only sleep occurs if we fall asleep at night.” I actually like that better. Lol.
              They probably are as dumb as Hagar himself and think that the song is literally about jumping.

Hagar even sang some "Jump jump jump around" bullshit.

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
                Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Doesn't sound like Dave.

Sounds gay AF.
                =V V=
                ole No.1 The finest
                EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• bueno bob
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Jul 2004

I've been hearing some really convincing AI covers, but yeah, this doesn't even sound like David. Yikes.
                  Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• nick500
                    Groupie
                    • Jul 2019

It sounds like Ozzy Osbourne with a cold.
                    I think I could do a better imitation of Dave singing it than this crap AI.
                    What's funny is you notice more how crappy the lyrics are than when Hagar does his version.

Comment

Working...