• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kristy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

Dear lord, when Will It End?

Pussy

Last edited by Kristy; 03-14-2024, 02:48 PM.
  • Mushroom
    Commando
    • Jul 2009

Click bait. Could you at least do the honor of putting Sir Jimmy Page in the title?

And maybe have only one thread for Sir Jimmy?

I’m not going to bother watching the video. I’m guessing the cost for this model is $10k

Comment

• Terry
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jan 2004

Cost is $49,999.00.
      Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Terry
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jan 2004

Sell a thousand of them (probably not an impossible amount to imagine being sold at that price) and that's...what? 50 million?
        Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Terry
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Jan 2004

Doubtless Sir Jimmy of Pedo got a pretty penny for his end. Will surely keep his barely legal Brazillian wife up to date and in style...

...whoops! My bad! Jimmy's wife is now the ripe old age of 32.

She's just a smoke screen for his current diddling victims anyway.
          Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Seshmeister
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Not a great performance. Timing is off in places and some stubbed notes, if it was me I would be disappointed and I'm average.

“Jimmy Page is an excellent producer. Led Zeppelin and Led Zeppelin II are classics. As a player, he’s very good in the studio. But I never saw him play well live. He’s very sloppy. He plays like he’s got a broken hand, and he’s two years old. But if you put out a good album and play like a two-year-old live. What’s the purpose?”. - Edward Van Halen
            Last edited by Seshmeister; 03-14-2024, 09:46 PM.

Comment

• Terry
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jan 2004

Page was consistent live up to and through 1972.

After that, he was erratic. You can hear really it in the live stuff on the 1977 tour, the Knebworth shows and the 1980 tour, where at times he can even finger the fretboard properly...indeed, he was very sloppy at times during that 1977-1980 period. Have heard plenty of boots of those years where Page is easily the weakest out of the four onstage.

Nothing exceptional going on with that 2023 clip above. Friend of mine saw him on his 1988 Outrider tour and said he was playing very well. He did well at the last Zep gig at the O2.
              Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Inconsistent for 52 years is quite a long time to not have your shit together.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Terry
                  Doubtless Sir Jimmy of Pedo got a pretty penny for his end. Will surely keep his barely legal Brazillian wife up to date and in style...

...whoops! My bad! Jimmy's wife is now the ripe old age of 32.
                  Yeah they have been dating since he was about 3 times her age but she's still not managed to land him in marriage which must be a huge disappointment for her. He has a daughter 20 years older than his girlfriend.

Comment

• silverfish
                    Foot Soldier
                    • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Terry
                    Sell a thousand of them (probably not an impossible amount to imagine being sold at that price) and that's...what? 50 million?
                    According to Blabbermouth:

"Only 50 Collector's Edition guitars, all hand-signed and played by Jimmy Page, have been created by the
                    expert luthiers of the Gibson Custom Shop in Nashville, Tennessee, and artfully aged to match the original
                    finish by the Murphy Lab as part of this extraordinary Collector's Edition run."

So that's only $2.5M.

In addition to the guitar you also get "... a lavish collection of case candy curated by Jimmy Page that
                    features a Certificate of Authenticity Book with a photo taken by Barrie Wentzell, a wooden Pick Display
                    with Herco Flex pick played by Jimmy Page on the specific serialized guitar, a Premium Cherry/Black Leather
                    Strap and Vintage Replica Strap, Schaller Strap Locks, an Embroidered Dragon Guitar Shroud, and a Gibson
                    Doubleneck Stand."

Full story at:
                    As it celebrates 130 years of music history, Gibson, the iconic global instrument brand, is proud to announce it has entered into a new partnership with Jimmy Page, one of the most influential musicians in history and co-founder of one of the biggest bands of all time, LED ZEPPELIN. Introducing the...
                    Originally posted by sadaist
                    I don't mind that one Nickelback song. I just hate the fact that they put it on every album 10 times.

Comment

• silverfish
                      Foot Soldier
                      • Mar 2007

Originally posted by sadaist
                      I don't mind that one Nickelback song. I just hate the fact that they put it on every album 10 times.

Comment

• Terry
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by silverfish
                        According to Blabbermouth:

"Only 50 Collector's Edition guitars, all hand-signed and played by Jimmy Page, have been created by the
                        expert luthiers of the Gibson Custom Shop in Nashville, Tennessee, and artfully aged to match the original
                        finish by the Murphy Lab as part of this extraordinary Collector's Edition run."

So that's only $2.5M.

In addition to the guitar you also get "... a lavish collection of case candy curated by Jimmy Page that
                        features a Certificate of Authenticity Book with a photo taken by Barrie Wentzell, a wooden Pick Display
                        with Herco Flex pick played by Jimmy Page on the specific serialized guitar, a Premium Cherry/Black Leather
                        Strap and Vintage Replica Strap, Schaller Strap Locks, an Embroidered Dragon Guitar Shroud, and a Gibson
                        Doubleneck Stand."

Full story at:
                        https://blabbermouth.net/news/jimmy-...edition-guitar
                        Doubtless 50 guitarists in 50 Led Zep tribute bands around the world are all already angling as to how they can get their hands on one...assuming somebody pretending to be Jimmy Page in a Zep tribute band has $50k to blow on a guitar.
                        Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Terry
                          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                          Inconsistent for 52 years is quite a long time to not have your shit together.
                          No doubt.

Obviously, I have no idea how much he's been playing when not working since Zep broke up, but I tend to think not a lot.
                          Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

That guitar isn't for guitarists it's for walls and safes.

He could have at least found a way to use both necks.

Comment

• Kristy
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

It's a guitar for rich fucks and collectors who will never play them.

Comment

Working...