X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rikk
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by bueno bob
    Ahh...I did not think to check prior to posting. Glad that it was taken care of! Thanks for the heads up. Of course, if we want to merge or close this or whatever, that's totally cool.

Thanks!
    Actually...I hope they're not merged. This, to me, is almost a separate statement...plus, it showcases the return of an old war hero from the Army.

Glad to see you back, my friend (not that I don't talk to you outside of this site...but nice to see you here too)!
    Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
    Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• Rikk
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Terry
      When I think back to 1992 and think about all the stuff that has changed (and not for the better) in the last 30, 32 years...my mind is fucking blown. I mean, Gen Xers were looked down on by the Baby Boomers, but when I look at these useless Gen Z fuckwits of today...shit, Gen X seemed positively robust by comparison.

Anyway. at one point I thought this whole site was just me and a thousand Lounge aliases. I was pretty sure Kristy was/is a Lounge alias.
      This site's traffic has obviously become a fraction of what it was...but that says nothing about the quality of the site or its posters. It's something that happened to any-such forum as more generalized social media exploded. (The Links is certainly not dead either...but their traffic is not close to what it once was...and I'm totally not insulting them for that...it's just what has happened to forums like these.)

But...I feel a lot more open expressing my opinions here than posting them on Facebook or Twitter (X) or whatever the fuck. Yes...I post to those other platforms...but I rarely say anything political or controversial...because I don't want to risk getting into a fight with a colleague, old friend or family member (and I don't want to face heat in future from an employer, etc.). My wife & I are very stable financially...but you never know when you're going to need to be in a position to NOT have offended somebody in future from whom you need a reference or something.
      Roth Army Militia

Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• Rikk
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jan 2004

HERE...I feel like NITRO & I can scream at each other about something political...and then five seconds later still be totally cool with each other and be in total agreement about some sort of musical topic. (We don't jump to some of the younger generation's stance of always needing to be offended by the littlest comment.)

I may consider myself a pretty liberal person (socially...I still consider myself a fiscal-conservative, whatever the fuck that means these days)...but even I want to puke when I read what the Gen Z crowd complain about. They come off to me like a massive squad of mini McCarthy-ist cunts.
        Roth Army Militia

Comment

• Rikk
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Jan 2004

Gen-Z'ers have reached the point of thinking that if someone says anything with which they simply do not agree, then that person deserves to never have a job for the rest of their lives...and anyone who continues associating with that person should also have his/her life destroyed... It's sick. Traditionally, it's been the Über-Conservative assholes who used to promote censorship in all forms (and they still do). But if I hear one more whiny Gen-Z'er tell me that something I said has "triggered" them, I'm going to kick that person in the face ten times...and then kick that person some more.
          Roth Army Militia

Comment

• Rikk
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Jan 2004

"Fat" Pride (Being Triggered)

ALSO...on the topic of Gen-Z'ers...

I saw a ridiculous TikTok video (that received a ton of views and was re-posted to YouTube) by a Gen-Z'er...in which she stated that she is not only right to be gigantically fat, but that she is also "triggered" when she sees "non-overweight people" and those "non-overweight people" should be more courteous and not present their "non-fat bodies" around her because doing so is a statement against her. She said being thin is "offensive" to her. She stated, "I'm proud to be fat. It's my choice. By choosing to be thin, you are insulting me and triggering me...and you should be ashamed of yourself."

THIS is the mentality of some of the fucking ridiculous, spoiled, whiny, narcissistic goddamn cunts that pass themselves off as members of our society.
            Roth Army Militia

Comment

• DLR Bridge
              ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

I’m sure many of us have Gen Z’ers for kids. It’s up to us to set them straight.

Comment

• bueno bob
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Jul 2004

I kinda dodged the bullet...my kids are millennials, but I raised them looking over my shoulder while I posted here. As such, they've all become incredibly successful, responsible, productive adults who kick so much ass it's amazing. No cap, they're bussin.
                Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• Warham
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Mar 2004

Lounge and I had a back and forth for a while, periods of BS mixed with periods of getting along. We were mods here together in Front and it was the usual conservative/liberal fighting. I’m pretty sure I thought he was a shit mod and he might have thought the same about me, but that’s Ok. We had that everywhere here, people were fighting constantly as Sesh can attest by reading past threads. He was Kip Winger to me. As RIKK said, it does suck the older we all get we are losing all our heroes and each other. Bob, it’s good to see you again.

Comment

• Terry
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Rikk
                    This site's traffic has obviously become a fraction of what it was...but that says nothing about the quality of the site or its posters. It's something that happened to any-such forum as more generalized social media exploded. (The Links is certainly not dead either...but their traffic is not close to what it once was...and I'm totally not insulting them for that...it's just what has happened to forums like these.)

But...I feel a lot more open expressing my opinions here than posting them on Facebook or Twitter (X) or whatever the fuck. Yes...I post to those other platforms...but I rarely say anything political or controversial...because I don't want to risk getting into a fight with a colleague, old friend or family member (and I don't want to face heat in future from an employer, etc.). My wife & I are very stable financially...but you never know when you're going to need to be in a position to NOT have offended somebody in future from whom you need a reference or something.
                    I'd agree that the site traffic lessening has not really anything to do with anything specific to the site, but just the manner of social media over the last 20 years in general and how people who have been on social media since the first online internet message boards of the mid-1990's - coming up on thirty years - are utilizing the internet.

Like, when Facebook first got going in a big way, I remember going on and reconnecting with old classmates from the Class of 1988, many of whom I hadn't had any contact with at that point for 20 years (since graduation, basically). Now, 15 years into Facebook, I barely go onto the site anymore. My classmates had a 30th reunion back in 2018, but somebody else pointed out that high school reunions going forward for, say, kids who were born in 1995 or so...that there won't be a need for reunions because people will remain in contact via social media with those they want to vs. my graduating class, which was back in the days when by the time you were a sophomore in college you probably already had lost track of your high school classmates because you couldn't just look them up online.

Plus, the longtimers here at this site, we're an older bunch...many of us 50 years or older. Like, to me it's less surprising that the traffic site has lessened than it is the site is STILL up these days...I mean, I stop by here to talk to you guys the same as I have been for twenty years...shit, even LONGER than that...back to the DDLR.COM days or the Slawterhouse days...and honestly, I continue to stop by here primarily to talk to you guys regardless of what David Lee Roth is or isn't doing.
                    Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Terry
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Jan 2004

Like, Warham has always been a schmuck, but I got such a warm, no-homo cozy feeling when I saw him posting in this thread...I think I need to find some real world/real time hobbies.
                      Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Terry
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Jan 2004

I think I'll go out, get a Chipotle burrito for lunch, come home, rub one out then take a nap.
                        Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Warham
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Mar 2004

Like, Warham has always been a schmuck, but I got such a warm, no-homo cozy feeling when I saw him posting in this thread...I think I need to find some real world/real time hobbies.
                          Yeah ya do.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

I think I'll go out, get a Chipotle burrito for lunch, come home, rub one out then take a nap.
                            At least you have a plan. Most people have no clue and no goals.
                            No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by bueno bob
                              I kinda dodged the bullet...my kids are millennials, but I raised them looking over my shoulder while I posted here. As such, they've all become incredibly successful, responsible, productive adults who kick so much ass it's amazing. No cap, they're bussin.
                              The best of the younger generations are complete razors. You either have really great people or complete losers. Since the losers make the most noise they get most the attention. Fortunately obesity, drug overdoses and suicide will weed them out. Nature has it’s ways.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Aug 2004

David Lee Roth will soon be the hell raiser at the assisted living home. He’s going to do a song and dance in the rec room and expose himself to the females in the hall.

Comment

Working...