ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Joe LIEberman - Dead at 82

March 27, 2024, 2:49 PM PDT / Updated March 27, 2024, 3:32 PM PDT
    By Zoë Richards and Jesse Rodriguez

Former Sen. Joseph I. Lieberman has died, his family announced in a statement Wednesday. He was 82.

Lieberman died Wednesday afternoon in New York with his wife Hadassah and loved ones at his side after he suffered complications from a fall, his family said in the statement.

"Senator Lieberman’s love of God, his family, and America endured throughout his life of service in the public interest," his family said.

Lieberman's passing was mourned by lawmakers in his state, including Democratic Gov. Ned LaMont, who in a statement Wednesday cited "political differences" with Lieberman but referred to the late senator as "a man of integrity and conviction."

Sen. Chris Murphy, D-Conn., said the state was “shocked” by Lieberman’s sudden death.
    “In an era of political carbon copies, Joe Lieberman was a singularity. One of one," Murphy wrote on X.

Sen. Richard Blumenthal, D-Conn., also expressed his condolences in a statement on X Wednesday, referring to Lieberman as a longtime friend of more than 50 years, "a man of deep conscience [and] conviction, [and] a courageous leader who sought to bridge gaps and bring people together."

Lieberman was the Democratic vice presidential nominee who ran with former Vice President Al Gore in the 2000 presidential election. The pair were "defeated" by former President George W. Bush and former Vice President Dick Cheney.

In his later years, Lieberman served as co-chairman of No Labels and was heading up the committee to vet its potential unity ticket candidates. A hefty share of the group’s leadership and key staff had left over the last year. Lieberman was effectively the group’s top spokesperson through its effort this last year to field a third parety ticket.
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Even though it wasn't all that many years ago that Lieberman still had some actual political relevance when McCain initially wanted to tap him (as opposed to Palin) for his running mate in 2008, it SEEMS like a million years ago...as if Lieberman was a relic of some bygone era.
    Scramby eggs and bacon.

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Our own FORD was ahead of the election denier trend!
    Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

THE SHEEP PEN
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    Even though it wasn't all that many years ago that Lieberman still had some actual political relevance when McCain initially wanted to tap him (as opposed to Palin) for his running mate in 2008, it SEEMS like a million years ago...as if Lieberman was a relic of some bygone era.
    Imagine...

The thought of the biggest thing we would have to be afraid of would be a John McCain/Joe Lieberman ticket...as opposed to what does actually keep me up at night sometimes... (not that I have anything good to say about Joe)
    Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
    Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Rikk View Post
    Imagine...

The thought of the biggest thing we would have to be afraid of would be a John McCain/Joe Lieberman ticket...as opposed to what does actually keep me up at night sometimes... (not that I have anything good to say about Joe)
    I didn't have anything good to say about Joe Lieberman, nor anything particularly bad, either. He rolled along like a typical centrist pol, as so many of them do.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I did find it somewhat amusing that Ned Lamont cited "political differences" with LIEberman. Which apparently is the Connecticut way of saying "I kicked his ass in the Senate primary, but then he created a fake political party so he could steal the election away from me anyhow".

Ironically, Lieberman fought a lot harder over the election he lost, than the one he legitimately won in 2000.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Thread Information