X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nitro Express
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Terry
    I think it's like Nitro says, in that the conspiracy mindset has always been there.

At least if one thinks there are conspiracies behind how everything works, that assumes that somebody somewhere is exerting control over stuff. This mindset is probably more comforting than the belief that - as Nitro says - shit merely happens. I mean, it's probably more comforting to think the bridge was intentionally rammed for whatever Illuminati purpose than it being a case of the crew losing control of the ship...that the automated functions on the ship shut down and the vessel at that point was unable to be stopped on a dime and the bridge itself was built before the 1980's when bridges began to be built with structural barriers strategically placed at stress points.

Someone popped out of a rabbit hole literally within an hour of the event happening and said the bridge was demolished on purpose to wreck the minority community of Baltimore, as if that city hasn't been going down the tubes for decades already.

But people believe this stuff...if a comment gets millions of likes online then people assume whomever made the comment must know what they're talking about as opposed to considering that maybe, you know, there are just millions of total fucking idiots out there.
    I always enjoyed listening to Art Bell on a long night drive. Sometimes conspiracy shit is entertaining but I think Art saw his show as entertainment. Let’s get some of these fruitcakes on the show and let them run. Anyways people are so uptight now they can’t laugh shit off. It’s because they are on the internet too much letting all the bullshit on it get to them. I’m so glad smart phones and social media didn’t exist when I was young. I had a blast and that shit would have ruined everything.
    Last edited by Nitro Express; 03-30-2024, 10:58 PM.
    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nickdfresh
      SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Comment

• Von Halen
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by Seshmeister
        I think the figures for the USA last year were -

Deaths from terrorism 16
        Deaths from obesity 300 000.
        And more deaths from impaired drivers than guns.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
          SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by twonabomber
          I saw that later. I think the biggest thing we get here in port are 700 footers.
          We still get a few major freighters here, but the St. Lawrence Seaway fucked the US Northeast Great Lakes area...

Comment

• Nickdfresh
            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Von Halen
            Overview
            Every day, about 37 people in the United States die in drunk-driving crashes — that's one person every 39 minutes. In 2021, 13,384 people died in alcohol-impaired driving traffic deaths — a 14% increase from 2020. These deaths were all preventable.
            https://www.nhtsa.gov/risky-driving/...%20from%202020.

How many people die from gun-related injuries in the U.S. each year?
            In 2021, the most recent year for which complete data is available, 48,830 people died from gun-related injuries in the U.S., according to the CDC. That figure includes gun murders and gun suicides, along with three less common types of gun-related deaths tracked by the CDC: those that were accidental, those that involved law enforcement and those whose circumstances could not be determined. The total excludes deaths in which gunshot injuries played a contributing, but not principal, role. (CDC fatality statistics are based on information contained in official death certificates, which identify a single cause of death.)
            --Pew Reearch

Comment

• Nitro Express
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
              We still get a few major freighters here, but the St. Lawrence Seaway fucked the US Northeast Great Lakes area...
              It can move cargo more efficiently than the Erie/Barge canal. Before the Erie canal New Orleans was the busiest US Port. When the Erie canal opened New York became the busiest and buffalo became the second busiest.
              No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                It can move cargo more efficiently than the Erie/Barge canal. Before the Erie canal New Orleans was the busiest US Port. When the Erie canal opened New York became the busiest and buffalo became the second busiest.
                Correct. The problem is the fucking pols back in the late 50's, early 60's should have seen this coming and moved towards changing the economy from industrial to medical, tech and education. Better (a lot) late than never...

But the canal itself is largely defunct with tracts filled in. The newer "barge canal" superseded it but is slower and mostly used for recreational traffic now sadly. But there are some nice square lakes in the Rochester region. Buffalo only restored the main original "Clinton's Folly/Ditch" Canal entrance area about a decade ago as a historical tourist stop...

Canalside is at the heart of downtown Buffalo's waterfront revitalization and plays host to hundreds of concerts, festivals and events throughout the year.
                Last edited by Nickdfresh; 03-31-2024, 04:00 PM.

Comment

• Terry
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Jan 2004

I always enjoyed listening to Art Bell on a long night drive. Sometimes conspiracy shit is entertaining but I think Art saw his show as entertainment. Let’s get some of these fruitcakes on the show and let them run. Anyways people are so uptight now they can’t laugh shit off. It’s because they are on the internet too much letting all the bullshit on it get to them. I’m so glad smart phones and social media didn’t exist when I was young. I had a blast and that shit would have ruined everything.
                  I must say I am glad to be of an age when the point of getting up to shenanigans in my youth was to get away with it/not be caught. The point wasn't to film it, record it and let everybody else in the world know about it.
                  Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• ZahZoo
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Terry
                    I must say I am glad to be of an age when the point of getting up to shenanigans in my youth was to get away with it/not be caught. The point wasn't to film it, record it and let everybody else in the world know about it.
                    I'm so thankful no one recorded the stupid shit we pulled or attempted to do when we were young and dumb...
                    "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Rikk
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Von Halen
                      Actually, guns kill FAR MORE Americans than impaired drivers, my friend. (That said, I wish drunk driving laws were stricter. It amazes me what a slap on the wrist it can end up being, considering how fucking reckless, selfish & potentially deadly it is.)
                      Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
                      Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• Rikk
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                        I think the figures for the USA last year were -

Deaths from terrorism 16
                        Deaths from obesity 300 000.
                        Add to that, almost all terrorist deaths in the U.S. are caused by crazy white fascist-wannabes!
                        Roth Army Militia

Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• Rikk
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Jan 2004

I blame Sammy Hagar for it.
                          Actually, I do too.

God knows, somehow it probably was that son of a bitch's fault.

First he ruined Van Halen...then he took this bridge and...
                          Roth Army Militia

Comment

Working...