• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EDDIE VAN HALEN's Family Commemorated His Death With Pizza

Nick DeRiso
    Published: April 8, 2024
    Ultimate Classic Rock

Eddie Van Halen's ex-wife discussed how they paid a simple tribute to the legendary guitarist during an April 2024 interview.

It was October 2020, and Eddie Van Halen had just died. His family decided to celebrate his life with pizza.

"I didn't want to believe it was happening," his ex-wife Valerie Bertinelli tells People magazine. "Even while it was happening, I wasn't believing it was happening."

Van Halen had been battling throat cancer when he passed at age 65, surrounded by loved ones in the hospital including his brother Alex Van Halen, Bertinelli, their son Wolfgang Van Halen and others. They found comfort in Eddie Van Halen's favorite food.

"I forget who suggested it, but we were like, 'Should we have pizza?'" Bertinelli continued. "Because he couldn't eat, and the last thing Ed really wanted was pizza. He loved pizza and burritos, so we had pizza in his hospital room. I hope people don't think that's morbid."

Van Halen and Bertinelli married in 1980 but filed for divorce in 2005, four years after they separated.

"He knew how much I loved him. I knew how much he loved me," she said. "The last words he said to me and to Wolfie were, 'I love you.' Ed was very giving with his heart. He wore it on his sleeve."

Eddie Van Halen's Ex-Wife Hoped for a Reunion

In the years following their split, Wolfgang continued to bind them together. Bertinelli admits she wanted she wanted to reconcile but she'd already accepted that they wouldn't even if Van Halen had lived.

"I continued for years to rewrite the facts in my head and build them into some sort of fantasy," she said. "But now, I know we were never going to get back together. We were becoming kinder souls to one another. Our bond was the unconditional love we had for our son."

Wolfgang initially announced his father's death, admitting at the time that he couldn't imagine ever coming to terms with this loss. They were also bandmates in Van Halen, beginning in 2006.

"I can't believe I'm having to write this, but my father, Edward Lodewijk Van Halen, has lost his long and arduous battle with cancer this morning," Wolfgang wrote back then. "He was the best father I could ever ask for. "Every moment I've shared with him on and off stage was a gift. My heart is broken and I don't think I'll ever fully recover from this loss. I love you so much, Pop."
    Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
    Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

This article actually had the audacity to make his ACTUAL wife the "and others" part.

Valerie is pulling a Sam...doing everything she can to get press for herself from the death of the husband she left.

She has NO shame.
    Roth Army Militia

Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

Val also played gate keeper on who got notified when that this was it for Edward. A manipulative cunt but Wolf never gonna correct her, and Ed can no longer speak for himself so......

Gonna be an interesting fall

Comment

"Because he couldn't eat, and the last thing Ed really wanted was pizza. He loved pizza and burritos, so we had pizza in his hospital room. I hope people don't think that's morbid."

Again, had she kept her private matters umm…. PRIVATE, she’d never have to wonder or give a shit whether anyone else in the world thought this was morbid!

She does have a very Hagar-esque manner of going about things. It’s clearly in the name of keeping HER name afloat.

Comment

Originally posted by DLR Bridge View Post
          "Because he couldn't eat, and the last thing Ed really wanted was pizza. He loved pizza and burritos, so we had pizza in his hospital room. I hope people don't think that's morbid."

Again, had she kept her private matters umm…. PRIVATE, she’d never have to wonder or give a shit whether anyone else in the world thought this was morbid!

She does have a very Hagar-esque manner of going about things. It’s clearly in the name of keeping HER name afloat.
          Fucking cunt.

Who the hell talks about the fact that he was so sick that he couldn't eat what he loved...and then AFTER he died, she ate what he loved right in front of his body?

No wonder she was fired from the fucking "Food Network."
          Roth Army Militia

Comment

And as they were all eating the pizza, she told everyone in the room that it was an election year and to vote.

Comment

Originally posted by DLR Bridge View Post
              And as they were all eating the pizza, she told everyone in the room that it was an election year and to vote.
              She and MeatWolf really think that everything they say is important and people should kiss their GIANT asses...because Eddie Van Halen was a great guitar-player.
              Roth Army Militia

Comment

Well, Valerie has to have SOME story to sell US Weekly...oh, excuse me, People magazine.

I suppose the thing that strikes me as odd or a bit off about this is post-2016 Eddie was pretty private about his health, which was certainly his right. I'd say that would be anybody's right. Now, I also suppose one can make the argument that since Eddie was a public figure the expectations of privacy are different, blah blah blah. But...I dunno. I didn't know the guy, but just by going off how he conducted himself in the last several years of his life, I don't get the feeling he would have wanted the details of his last moments alive printed up for public consumption.

Yet, there it is. And I seem to recall in the immediate wake of his death that the main details of the story - who was in the room, etc. - were already made public. So, now, four years later Ed's ex-wife is going to the well for a few more bucks selling the story. Distasteful.
                Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

She is a classless cunt. Being a classless cunt has cost her her job being the fat sidekick on a kids baking show. It has cost her what little credibility she may have had. It has moved her into the same realm that Clichegar is in. I'm hoping it comes out that he's actually her new boyfriend. That would be perfect. They could both sit around and jerk each other off to having once been associated with Edward Van Halen. Maybe as Valerie Jr's step dad, they could start a new band. The Round and Rounder Rockers.

Comment

Originally posted by Von Halen View Post
                    She is a classless cunt. Being a classless cunt has cost her her job being the fat sidekick on a kids baking show.
                    Indeed. Did the Food Network ever originally consider that maybe having a giant porker fatass was not the best image they could give a kids' baking show?

Or I suppose it's possible that they put her on the show as a "human lesson."

The message (in having such a large woman on the show) was to state:

HEY KIDS, BAKED GOODS ARE YUMMY. BUT IF YOU EAT THEM WITH ZERO SELF-CONTROL, YOU MAY END UP LOOKING LIKE THIS OBESE CUNT. BE CAREFUL.

My wife & kid watch the show. I've watched an episode here and there with them when they've asked, "Baba, will you watch an episode of the baking show with us? We want to spend time with you."

And I swear to God: on the few episodes alone that I've watched, she has made a point of mentioning "Wolfie" a good handful of times. "Wolfie likes to eat this. Wolfie likes that."

She apparently loves the taste of lemon because she took to sucking on lemons when she was pregnant with the tub of lard offspring.

Maybe the show will be better now. (I bet they replace her with a younger, hotter co-host.)
                    Roth Army Militia

Comment

I'm thinking the Food Network wanted someone that looked like they ate all the baked goods those kids whipped up, no matter how good they were, or weren't. Maybe they'll replace her with her even fatter kid.

Comment

Originally posted by Rikk View Post
                        She and MeatWolf...
                        LMFAO

"you took the cake right out of my mouth, must been while I was taking a pee..."

Comment

Working...
                        X