What bands are most hated by real Van Halen fans?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 09-02-1984

Just wondering.......

It's not rocket science to guess that Van Hagar is undisputedly #1 by a landslide but are there any others? and why?
  • Golden AWe
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

Clearly the place is full of 70's and 80's people here when it comes to music so I would say all the current nu-metal shyte etc., plus too cold barbeque weather

At least I hate to barbeque when it's snowing
    Originally posted by Cato
    Golden, why are you FAT?
    Originally posted by lesfunk
    Much like yourself as the Jim Morrison of Nazi bunker flies
    http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...TheDMCross.jpg

Comment

• Wayne L.

I hate 80's & 90's rock because it's all a lot of hot air except a few with some originality in their music, their shows & their image which is why 60's/70's rock rules & always will from the Beatles to Van Halen!!!

Comment

• secrets
        Foot Soldier
        • Apr 2004

Speaking of the 80's, how about Europe. Anybody remember them? The worst ever 80's hair "metal" band IMO.
        Achtung Baby I say, I say...

Comment

• Carmine
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by secrets
          Speaking of the 80's, how about Europe. Anybody remember them? The worst ever 80's hair "metal" band IMO.
          Yeah, the final countdown etc. Popular tune when it came out though.

Comment

• rtmathew
            Roth Army Recruit
            • Jul 2004

There where so any 1 hit wonders of the 80's it's hard to name them all:

Europe
            Rough Cutt
            Accept

And many of the good bands self destructed.

Comment

• horty07
              Head Fluffer
              • Jun 2004

Thinking back, I have always hated New Kids On The Block; or anything similar ie. NSYNC, Backstreet ect ect. The worst hair band were the Blonz.

Comment

• EmpyreLounge44
                Foot Soldier
                • Jun 2004

posion, ratt, pretty much every hair metal/glam/faux-metal band of the 80s

Comment

• Coyote
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by secrets
                  Who, unfortunately for all mankind, are trying to make a come-back.

They're the headline act at some festival this weekend, here in Funland...
                  Why settle for something you have, if it's not as good as something you're out to get?

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                  It's like putting up a YouTube of Bach and playing Chopstix on your Bontempi...

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                    • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Golden AWe
                    Clearly the place is full of 70's and 80's people here when it comes to music so I would say all the current nu-metal shyte etc., plus too cold barbeque weather

At least I hate to barbeque when it's snowing
                    Amen brother, what a boatload of shit....

The main difference is for the majority of the music, it just doesn't require the talent (especially on guitar) to play this stuff....

The best way of looking at it is if you had one of these numbnuts trying to play the guitar anthems of the 70's.....

I also think that there are very few lead singers nowadays that can actually sing well [[ See: Durst, Fred.... ]].........
                    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• DiamondDoug
                      Full On Cocktard
                      • May 2004

80's hair bands are awesome, and they're full of talent. It's the Nirvana/Pearl Jam and everything after that has sucked the life out of music, and made me put a gun to my radio.
                      Vaccinated with a phonograph needle one summer break
                      Yeah, I kissed her on her daddy's boat and shot across the lake!

Comment

• EmpyreLounge44
                        Foot Soldier
                        • Jun 2004

please tell me you are joking by saying 80's hair bands are awesome...that is the most rediculous thing i have ever heard

Comment

• Warham
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Mar 2004

Nirvana breathed some life into the music business.

Kids didn't understand what kind of life the 80's bands were talking about in their music. Nirvana brought back a sense of realism to the music.

Comment

• Hecubus
                            Foot Soldier
                            • Jan 2004

great thread, bro!!!

Gotta say:

Any late 80s-early 90s synth pop....especially that moody depeche mode crap....

all of the double downtuned, can't tell what note they're playing shit....

J-Lo
                            Celine Fucking Dion and the rest of the Divas
                            "Honey, my shirt got itself torn up. My shirt tore itself on that stripper's hand, and I need it to be sewed up for the show."
                            "No problem, Dave, no problem. Say hello to Fluffy."
                            "Fuck you, Fluffy."
                            "No, no, you're going to upset Fluffy."
                            "I ain't saying hello to no stuffed bear."
                            "You know, now that I think about it, it's going to take a little longer to sew up that shirt than I was thinking."
                            "Hi Fluffy, how you been?"
                            "Now that I'm thinking of it even more, it's going to take half the time, Double D, Diamond Dave! Would you hold Fluffy?"
                            "N--- yeah."

Comment

• guwapo_rocker

Originally posted by EmpyreLounge44
                              posion, ratt, pretty much every hair metal/glam/faux-metal band of the 80s
                              I have to agree with Giz Sponge on this one. I hate all

of the wanabees that followed CVH.

And I have to add the WHO.....they did their farewell show in

Toronto 20+ years ago and haven't stopped touring since.

Comment

Working...