What bands are most hated by real Van Halen fans?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rustoffa
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Jan 2004

Coldplay.....now that shit 'ell make Bauhaus wanna deep-fry a
    pig in Greenland.

Comment

• Hecubus
      Foot Soldier
      • Jan 2004

Creed

Linkin Fucking Park
      "Honey, my shirt got itself torn up. My shirt tore itself on that stripper's hand, and I need it to be sewed up for the show."
      "No problem, Dave, no problem. Say hello to Fluffy."
      "Fuck you, Fluffy."
      "No, no, you're going to upset Fluffy."
      "I ain't saying hello to no stuffed bear."
      "You know, now that I think about it, it's going to take a little longer to sew up that shirt than I was thinking."
      "Hi Fluffy, how you been?"
      "Now that I'm thinking of it even more, it's going to take half the time, Double D, Diamond Dave! Would you hold Fluffy?"
      "N--- yeah."

Comment

• EmpyreLounge44
        Foot Soldier
        • Jun 2004

see i can occasionally say something worth agreeing to

Comment

• mosh5150
          Roth Army Recruit
          • Feb 2004

Every band has its merits emotion and experience ( memories) are tied to it there was alot of crap out there but I can remember delevring the groceries to alot of it. Basically every band since the dlr era has been an influence from it either a complete revulsion to the form or a bastarsed copy (Motley crue,Ratt,poison etc,) I always wondered what if? would crunge have occured? Most of those bands will site DLR as an influence much as DLR credit Black Oak Arkansaw. When Dave left he basicaly brought it to another level with EAS. Thats why VAN AHLEN was so great you had Eddie saying "I dont Know Dave" does that work? And Dave going what about this? it was basically the best bitch session going. And now they don't do it and you get VH III with King Edward at helm or "up for breakfast"

Comment

• BrownSound1
            ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
            • Mar 2003

Bands that I hate....there's a lot of them, and guess what...Van Hagar isn't on the top.

First off I hate all rap...ALL of it.
            I hate Nirvana...never understood what all the fuss was about.
            Smashing Pumpkins....any band with a singer that sounds like Billy Corgan sucks dick.
            Boy bands...all of them
            Poison, Winger, Bon Jovi, Slaughter, etc....I do like Ratt and the Crue however.
            All Led Zeppelin rip offs and Robert Plant copycats...Kingdom Come for instance.
            All 90's pseudo-punk bands...Greenday
            Most modern "hard rock" bands because their guitarists suck cock
            John Mayer....too gay
            Def Leppard...post Pyromania. The early stuff is awesome
            Country

Comment

• EmpyreLounge44
              Foot Soldier
              • Jun 2004

brownsound you are full of hate, although i agree with some of them.

i as well never really got the fuss about nirvana, but some tracks i like. The pumpkins wrote some cool songs though although Corgan has the ego to match that giant head of his

Comment

• 09-02-1984

Originally posted by Hecubus
                great thread, bro!!!

Gotta say:

Any late 80s-early 90s synth pop....especially that moody depeche mode crap....

all of the double downtuned, can't tell what note they're playing shit....

J-Lo
                Celine Fucking Dion and the rest of the Divas

Thanks

Looks like a few differances of opinion/side issues are being created already.

I'm with you 100% on your suggestions, especially on the synth pop thing as I believe the ideal band instrumentation formation of guitar/keyboards/bass/drums yields the best sound and visually the best performance rather than some jokers pressing buttons and twiddling knobs.

Perhaps that "rotund guy" in the tribute band could quit after this "tour" to join a synth band, thus paving the way for the reunion with Dave that everybody wants, even for just a farewell tour.

Also I really, really, really hate Country and Western!

No doubt I've just added a few more controversial points to this thread.
                Last edited by 09-02-1984; 07-15-2004, 11:19 AM.

Comment

• Chaz Rock City

Nirvana was the worst thing to ever happen to music. If your a shitty guitar player, a shitty singer, and the best lyrics you can come with is Hello 18x in a row: you suck. Nirvana did not save rock n roll!!! They just made it alright for spoiled brats from the suburbs to feel sorry for themselves. I do like the Foo Fighters thought, but Dave Grohl would probadly think I'm an asshole.

Comment

• Ally_Kat
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Jan 2004

I listen to the radio and still I do not know the new bands or songs. they all sound like the same thing to me.

I do know that I passionalty hate that Ms Jackson song by Outkast.
                    Roth Army Militia

Comment

• Mr Badguy
                      Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

I don`t know how anyone could hate what they call "hair metal" so much.

Anyone who actually listened through that era must have had a great time, as I did.

It was all about having fun, unlike the grunge and nu-metal eras that followed it.

Isn`t music meant to be about having fun, even if it does include no brainer lyrics and dumb choruses?

It`s easy to look back and say "That was a load of shite!" but I have fond memories of a lot of records and bands of the time although there was some rubbish in there, as there is with any kind of music.
                      sigpic

Sitting on a park bench!

Comment

• secrets
                        Foot Soldier
                        • Apr 2004

I truly hate all of the maufactured boy and girl bands or anybody that has made a career from being a contestant on Pop Idol, they all suck.
                        Achtung Baby I say, I say...

Comment

• Lou

Air Supply

Comment

• ashstralia
                            ROTH ARMY ELITE
                            • Feb 2004

matchbox 20= contrived music by numbers.

creed= manufactured melodrama (with arms wide open?)
                            you've got to be kidding...

chingy etc= not even going to comment.

Comment

• Jano
                              Commando
                              • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Mr Badguy
                              I don`t know how anyone could hate what they call "hair metal" so much.

Anyone who actually listened through that era must have had a great time, as I did.

It was all about having fun, unlike the grunge and nu-metal eras that followed it.

Isn`t music meant to be about having fun, even if it does include no brainer lyrics and dumb choruses?

It`s easy to look back and say "That was a load of shite!" but I have fond memories of a lot of records and bands of the time although there was some rubbish in there, as there is with any kind of music.
                              -Hello bro,i'm sure that you remembered what we called the N.W.B.H.M. in Europe with Def leppard,saxon, tigers of pang tang, iron maiden.....Pretty good time for the hard rock's history!
                              -Anyway i hate all the boy's band,the rap and the RNB!
                              little french dreamer hate those Van Hagar backstage party!!
                              http://deliajolie.spaces.live.com/

Comment

• ssomesweetsugar

Re: What bands are most hated by real Van Halen fans?

[QUOTE]Originally posted by 09-02-1984
                                [B]Just wondering.......

What bands are most hated by real Van Halen fans?

All Boy Bands!

Comment

Working...