Thread: The Red Collection

Roadie

Member No
    Last Online
    08-17-2005 @ 02:28 PM
    Status
    Thanks

The Red Collection

You have to check out the description of the new Sammy Hagar collection on the Van Halen Newsdesk. It ludicrous!
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Sweet Talkin' Ladies Man
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    08-20-2016 @ 03:01 PM
    Status
    Thanks

I thought that cocksucker was against greatest hits?

You know what it really was guys? Ok, I'll tell you.

Because BOVI was going to be him and Roth and he just couldn't handle/accept it.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Head Fluffer

Member No
    Last Online
    10-15-2007 @ 08:06 AM
    Status
    Thanks

What is so ludicrous about it? I may not like Sammy in VH, but he has a legitimate history in rock. A lot of those songs are actually good. Believe it or not, when he plays with his solo band he puts on a great show. It is no DLR show, but it is a good show. He is also charging $12.95 for the set which I think is pretty fair for 20 songs. I think EVH randomly stripping some bodies that are sent to his house and selling them at auction so that he can gouge his fans is ludicrous. I think throwing together a half assed tour and charging fans $90-$400 a ticket, when you didn't even bother to rehearse is ludicrous. $12.95 for 12 songs for his fans? That is not ludicrous. You should be happy about this. If Sammy does well solo, perhaps he will leave VH.

Roadie

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

"As Sammy Hagar returns as the lead singer for Van Halen on its massive tour this summer, the most complete overview of his solo career on record showcases one of the most enthusiastic, energetic and exciting performers who has ever rocked a stage."

This is what I found ludicrous.

Does anyone here really think Ed ever even saw one of those guitars, let alone painted them????

Foot Soldier

Member No
    Last Online
    10-15-2007 @ 05:09 PM
    Status
    Thanks

no, of course ed saw and hand painted them all...what do you think he was doing for the last ten years

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    11-17-2023 @ 02:26 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by EmpyreLounge44
    no, of course ed saw and hand painted them all...what do you think he was doing for the last ten years
    LOL

Roadie

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

The paint jobs aren't even good on the site.

Head Fluffer

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by famac
    "As Sammy Hagar returns as the lead singer for Van Halen on its massive tour this summer, the most complete overview of his solo career on record showcases one of the most enthusiastic, energetic and exciting performers who has ever rocked a stage."

I would have to agree that that particular statement is indeed ludicrous.

"
    Does anyone here really think Ed ever even saw one of those guitars, let alone painted them????

Eddie didn't paint them, but he sure as hell is striping them.

EVH is not only striping the guitars, but he isn't even trying to make accurate replicas of his own guitars. He knows that his fans will pay major cash for whatever he does, so he has no incentive to do a good job and take pride in his work. What he is doing is opening up a box of bodies that Charvel ships to him and randomly sticking masking tape in various patterns on the body and sending them back. Charvel then adds another color of paint and peels of the tape leaving the paint jobs that you even admit aren't any good. EVH is right though. The last I looked that inferior white and black, poor Frankie copy was already at $10,000 on Ebay with 8 days left. This is EVH sheep at its worst. I love EVH but would never pay that much for an inaccurate copy of his, whether or not he put the tape on . Maybe if he hand built each one, but for sticking tape on a guitar?
    Last edited by BigDaddyD; 07-14-2004 at 11:34 AM.

Roadie

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Boy - I can't believe he's actually doing that! Can you imagine how boring that would get?

Here's anothe things that ludicrous - he's out marketing guitars he played exculsively with Roth, who doesn't even get a photo in the Best of Both Worlds.

I mean, you give a record that title and don't have a picture of the other world??????

Wayne L.

Talking

I'm looking forward to listening to Sammy's new greatest hits compilation The Red Collection with his Montrose & solo classics before & after VH even though I think's he's keeping his options open as an artist after this VH reunion tour if him & Eddie split again!!!

Roadie

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

A CD single would be too long.

Member No
    Last Online
    04-05-2014 @ 08:34 PM
    Status
    Thanks

I think Edward's intention is not to make exact replicas...these are "supposed" to be original art pieces.

I heard ya missed us...
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    12-03-2009 @ 07:33 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by BigDaddyD
    What is so ludicrous about it? I may not like Sammy in VH, but he has a legitimate history in rock. A lot of those songs are actually good. Believe it or not, when he plays with his solo band he puts on a great show. It is no DLR show, but it is a good show. He is also charging $12.95 for the set which I think is pretty fair for 20 songs. I think EVH randomly stripping some bodies that are sent to his house and selling them at auction so that he can gouge his fans is ludicrous. I think throwing together a half assed tour and charging fans $90-$400 a ticket, when you didn't even bother to rehearse is ludicrous. $12.95 for 12 songs for his fans? That is not ludicrous. You should be happy about this. If Sammy does well solo, perhaps he will leave VH.
    My Hagarita Alert system must be broken.....

Full On Cocktard
    Member No
    Last Online
    06-17-2014 @ 08:32 PM
    Status
    Thanks

I would have to agree that that particular statement is indeed ludicrous.

Eddie didn't paint them, but he sure as hell is striping them.

EVH is not only striping the guitars, but he isn't even trying to make accurate replicas of his own guitars. He knows that his fans will pay major cash for whatever he does, so he has no incentive to do a good job and take pride in his work. What he is doing is opening up a box of bodies that Charvel ships to him and randomly sticking masking tape in various patterns on the body and sending them back. Charvel then adds another color of paint and peels of the tape leaving the paint jobs that you even admit aren't any good. EVH is right though. The last I looked that inferior white and black, poor Frankie copy was already at $10,000 on Ebay with 8 days left. This is EVH sheep at its worst. I love EVH but would never pay that much for an inaccurate copy of his, whether or not he put the tape on . Maybe if he hand built each one, but for sticking tape on a guitar?
    Don't forget he's playing these guitars in concert (albeit one or two songs only) and he's signing them. These facts make them quite collectable. It will be interesting to see what the first one goes for ($20k?) compared to the last ($6k?).

Head Fluffer

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by DLR_EngineRoom
    My Hagarita Alert system must be broken.....

I am definitely not a Hagarita. That said, I don't have to bash Hagar just because VH sucks now and has for years. I think more of the blame should rest with EVH for leading the band down a shit path. His ego is out of control and that has affected the music.
    DLR was VH for me. I still follow him and own his solo discs. That said, I still like some of Sammy's stuff as well and own some of his solo stuff too. That said if they were both playing on the same night at two different venues, I would be going to see DLR.

Head Fluffer

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by DLR4VH
    Don't forget he's playing these guitars in concert (albeit one or two songs only) and he's signing them. These facts make them quite collectable. It will be interesting to see what the first one goes for ($20k?) compared to the last ($6k?).

This is nothing but a gimmic. When you create an item as a collectible, it will negate any real collectability, since they will no longer be rare. This happens all the time. Baseball cards, comics, guitars....items are created specifically to be collectible, but although they are valuable, they are never as valuable as true collecibles. These guitars will go like the tour tickets. Prices will be high at first, them at some point they will drop or a production line will come out and negate the whole thing. Then the asshole that paid 20k will be able to jam with the guy that paid $1500 for a better guitar. I don't know I grew up worshipping EVH and wanting to eventually own his personal guitars. This does nothing for me. They are cheap guitars that are going for a fortune. I could care less if he played it for a song. It is not like these are really his. Oh, and for the record, they will not ALL be played by him. Only a few of them.

Roadie

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Uhhh... so who picked that wallpaper. If I stayed in that room lonmg enough, I might end up hiring Sammy back.

Head Fluffer

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Goes to show you EVH's taste these days. No wonder his music has sucked for the last decade. After all the alcohol he consumes, it probably looks like a solid color to him, unless that is just the puke fomr that days drinking binge.

I heard ya missed us...
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I am definitely not a Hagarita. That said, I don't have to bash Hagar just because VH sucks now and has for years. I think more of the blame should rest with EVH for leading the band down a shit path. His ego is out of control and that has affected the music.
    DLR was VH for me. I still follow him and own his solo discs. That said, I still like some of Sammy's stuff as well and own some of his solo stuff too. That said if they were both playing on the same night at two different venues, I would be going to see DLR.
    Oh ok...nice to meet ya, name's Dave...and it's my B-Day today, yes it is!

Head Fluffer

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Happy Birthday!

I heard ya missed us...
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Happy Birthday!
    Y-10-Q!

Head Fluffer

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:40 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,298 Times in 4,722 Posts

How is it that Sammy "I hate greatest hits albums" Hagar is now promoting TWO such albums at the same time?

Besides, there's at least 4 different compilations of Hagar's Capitol years, and the "Unboxed" compilation of his 80's Geffen stuff (plus the two post Van Hagar tunes). And he doesn't have the excuse of an ex wife to pay off this time. So what's the deal, Cheddar man?

guwapo_rocker
    Originally posted by FORD
    How is it that Sammy "I hate greatest hits albums" Hagar is now promoting TWO such albums at the same time?

Besides, there's at least 4 different compilations of Hagar's Capitol years, and the "Unboxed" compilation of his 80's Geffen stuff (plus the two post Van Hagar tunes). And he doesn't have the excuse of an ex wife to pay off this time. So what's the deal, Cheddar man?
    He needs the money so he can move up to Provalone

and Stilton.

Foot Soldier

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

redrocker.com
    "As you've probably figured out by this stage of the game, it seems whenever I hit the road for a summer tour, a CD release is certain to accompany. This time around, as Universal had the option to release what they wanted, whenever they wanted, we figured it was best to work closely with them and come out with something you guys would want for your collection. Since we knew the VH release, "The Best of Both Worlds" would be hitting the streets July 20 on Warner Bros., we wanted to keep out of the way of that release and asked Universal to give us as long a lead time as possible. "

Roadie

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

He's thinking that there are some sales opportunities associated with his increased exposure due to the Van Halen tour. Plus he's in a band that is releasing Best Of records everytime the wind changes, so why not jump on board the gravy train?

Foot Soldier

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

sounds like what universal is doing to maximize sales and end a contract

Roadie

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

It's those unreleased tracks that have people clammering to record stores. With lyrics as bad as those on Sammy's released material, you have to wonder what the unreleased material is like.

Head Fluffer

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I would if I were him

Roadie

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Grow it long, shave it off
    Life is hard, never soft
    I need a change, I need it quick
    Before it makes me sick
    That's what on my mind

I mean, do lyrics get any worse than that?

Head Fluffer

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Have you listened to the radio in the last decade? Most lyrics are that bad!

Roadie

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

No they aren't

Head Fluffer

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

yes they are. Shit, a lot of the songs that are on the radio these days have minimal lyrics that just repeat and are completely inane to begin with. His lyrics suck, but so do most . There are very few great lyricists out there these days.

Roadie

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Feelin'...no, I don't like what I've been told I'm feelin'
    I'm bleeding...like no one else will ever know I'm bleeding
    Dealin'...I'm dealin' with these things I'm feelin'
    I'm dreamin', I'm dreaming, I'm dreaming things that show
    me what I'm seein'
    Seein'...I'm seein' things that I don't know I'm feelin'
    I've been feelin', I'm feelin', I'm feelin' things that I
    don't know
    I don't know, I don't know what I'm feelin'
    Hey, I don't understand

The lyrics edited out for the radio version

And that singer's job that I'm stealin
    Cause the guitarist has trouble steering
    It's got me wheeling and double dealing
    A golden circle full of sheep an'
    It's got me thinking

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    09-02-2004 @ 02:03 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by Brownsound1
    I think Edward's intention is not to make exact replicas...these are "supposed" to be original art pieces.
    Like Eddie knows anything about "original art" . Lol

Originally posted by DLR_EngineRoom
    Oh ok...nice to meet ya, name's Dave...and it's my B-Day today, yes it is!
    Happy Birthday!

Head Fluffer

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

You know, EVH trademarked the striped pattern, so that no one could copy it. It would stand to reason, that he would make exact copies of it, since he trademarked it and prohibited others from making copies of it. Instead, he does random patterns using the same colors. What was the point of the trademark?

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:40 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,298 Times in 4,722 Posts

Grow it long, shave it off
    Life is hard, never soft
    I need a change, I need it quick
    Before it makes me sick
    That's what on my mind

I mean, do lyrics get any worse than that?
    Oh yeah, they do....

some say money is bad for the soul
    bad for the rock, bad for the roll
    bad for the heart, bad for the brain
    bad for damn near everything, oh
    yea
    it must be good for something
    come on pay the rent
    telephone, telefax, telefunkin',
    teletrash
    tell a cop, tell a friend
    think we've hit the stoney end
    nothing left, nothing right
    now they want a bigger bite
    everybody wants some
    everybody wants big money, oh yea
    they want big fat money
    that's what i want
    big fat money
    too much temptation
    enough to kill a generation
    space station, starvation, premature
    ejaculation
    this ain't groovin', this ain't funky
    it's on my back
    but it ain't my monkey, no
    oh yeah, gimme some of that big big
    money
    that's what i want
    big fat money
    big big money
    smoke this, eat that
    my ol' lady's gettin' fat
    high rise, high rent
    before it's earned, it's all been spent
    where's it gonna come from?
    who's it gonna go to?
    ain't beatin', but i'm being eatin' by
    money, oh yeah
    big big money, gimme, gimme, gimme
    some of that big money, alright
    that's what i want
    well alright, oh, big big money
    now gimme, gimme, gimme
    some of that big money
    that's what i want
    that's all i need
    gimme big fat money
    gimme, gimme, gimme, gimme
    gimme some of that big fat money

Dumpwaffen SS
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-25-2024 @ 06:36 PM
    Status
    Thanks

ha! You're funny

©Ramblings by Rogue® Inc.
    Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    06-20-2009 @ 08:02 PM
    RogueHorseman® resides at the scenic Double Cross Ranch in sunny Riveria Paradise
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by FORD
    Oh yeah, they do....

some say money is bad for the soul
    bad for the rock, bad for the roll
    bad for the heart, bad for the brain
    bad for damn near everything, oh
    yea
    it must be good for something
    come on pay the rent
    telephone, telefax, telefunkin',
    teletrash
    tell a cop, tell a friend
    think we've hit the stoney end
    nothing left, nothing right
    now they want a bigger bite
    everybody wants some
    everybody wants big money, oh yea
    they want big fat money
    that's what i want
    big fat money
    too much temptation
    enough to kill a generation
    space station, starvation, premature
    ejaculation
    this ain't groovin', this ain't funky
    it's on my back
    but it ain't my monkey, no
    oh yeah, gimme some of that big big
    money
    that's what i want
    big fat money
    big big money
    smoke this, eat that
    my ol' lady's gettin' fat
    high rise, high rent
    before it's earned, it's all been spent
    where's it gonna come from?
    who's it gonna go to?
    ain't beatin', but i'm being eatin' by
    money, oh yeah
    big big money, gimme, gimme, gimme
    some of that big money, alright
    that's what i want
    well alright, oh, big big money
    now gimme, gimme, gimme
    some of that big money
    that's what i want
    that's all i need
    gimme big fat money
    gimme, gimme, gimme, gimme
    gimme some of that big fat money
    Make it STOP!! Please, make it stop or I'm gonna HURL!!

That is the kind of shit we wrote in fourth grade, I swear.

Crazy Ass Mofo

Member No
    Last Online
    05-06-2023 @ 04:56 PM
    Status
    Thanks

This should be in non!

Stop respecting Hagar!

Thread Information