Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2004 Tour just 7,068 Per Night - It Kills Hagar Lovers

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

2004 Tour just 7,068 Per Night - It Kills Hagar Lovers

This is just killing the VHAGAR lovers. All I've seen is excuse after excuse as to why the "mighty" VAN HAGAR is only averaging 7,068 people per night (91,892 tix divided by 13 shows= 7,068). Other rock acts like ASmith and FMac are doing well over 9,000 per night and Metallica are doing over 13,000 yet there are "reasons" as to why VHagar can't muster a better total. Yeah the attendance may improve some by the end of the tour (certainly can't get any worse) but I think it's safe to say this tour WILL NOT MEET EXPECTATIONS considering the "VAN HALEN" name is attatched to it. I guess people just aren't all that amped to hear WCTBLove and Dreams again. Gee, wonder why?
    DLR/VH IS JUST BETTER

Foot Soldier

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    people dont care about Van Halen anymore period except for all of us on the army and links. the name means garbage to casual fans. still going to make a lot of money this summer, and no it wont be #1 but did you really think it would be? i'm sure some did, but i didnt...not even dlr fronted VH would be pulling the money

VHLinks Public Relations
    Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Suck it!

guwapo_rocker
    Originally posted by EmpyreLounge44
    not even dlr fronted VH would be pulling the money
    Just when you're starting to make some good points

you say something stooooooooooooopid!!!:confused:

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    ...not even dlr fronted VH would be pulling the money [/B]
    are you kidding?

Foot Soldier

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    wow you said points, as in more than 1...im growing on ya like a rash guwapo. i just dont think the VH name means anything anymore, no matter who is singing. i think they all have done too much damage to the name. especially if they do a tour right after this one with dlr...just looks like them switching again, which i take as a negative, to make money. if a dlr tour was planned the whole time to be a curtain call, just say so from the beginning although it would have been suicide for this one

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    wow you said points, as in more than 1...im growing on ya like a rash guwapo. i just dont think the VH name means anything anymore, no matter who is singing. i think they all have done too much damage to the name. especially if they do a tour right after this one with dlr...just looks like them switching again, which i take as a negative, to make money. if a dlr tour was planned the whole time to be a curtain call, just say so from the beginning although it would have been suicide for this one
    which is why they prob. didnt. IF dave comes back, expect a press conference, full blown campaign, new cd etc, before the hit the road. It'll make more money than Trump,and I cant wait for it to happen.

THE SHEEP PEN
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    The band and the Dave-years are still legendary. I read reunion lists all the time, and VH with Dave is still always near or at the top. The real Van Halen reunion would be huge. It's no surprise that this line-up ain't selling...it's as exciting as seeing a Black Sabbath reunion with Ronnie James Dio (which was actually attempted in '92 and bombed).

The band would sell very, very well with Dave. Most insiders know that. I think the band really fucked themselves with this one...promoters and sponsors are likely to smart a bit from this one, since its below expectations. And it's my opinion that Warners was dipping their tows in the water with BEST OF BOTH WORLDS. And as it's not going to sell, I think Warners will be another lost contact for Van Halen.

Such a sad joke. And as much as I liked the band, this all makes me so happy because I hate Alex, Eddie and Mike as people. They're pieces of shit. Especially Alex.
    Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
    Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Foot Soldier

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    do you know them? how can you hate them as people...come on now, isnt that a bit dramatic. so if you hate them, am i correct to assume you do not want DLR fronting a band you hate?

if roth comes back there HAS to be a full CD before the tour. HAS to be, or else it just looks even more like they are trying to cash in and that wont sell...not after this tour, if you feel this tour is an utter failure after the numbers for 13 shows

VHLinks Public Relations
    Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Rikk
    It's no surprise that this line-up ain't selling...it's as exciting as seeing a Black Sabbath reunion with Ronnie James Dio (which was actually attempted in '92 and bombed).
    LOL! Perfect!

Yes, VH and it's management have fucked up every aspect of this so-called "comeback." Very little press has been done. That radio show was pure fluf bullshit. As was that guitar magazine interview.

Offering the single on Walmart.com? What the fuck? How about putting on the #1 service: ITunes?

AND Dave played for more people on the 4th than Spam Halen will for the whole shitty tour!

L.S.D.
    actually the average isover 9,000. Stop your bullshit.

Mr. Smarty Pants
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Definitely not going as well as I had anticipated.

Over and Out,
    General Hina

Sweet Talkin' Ladies Man
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by L.S.D.
    actually the average isover 9,000. Stop your bullshit.
    91,892 divided by 13 = 7,068 jackass!
    Talk Classic Rock - The Official Message Board For Classic Rock -- Now on XenForo!

Rotharmy Gladiator

DG's Slave
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by EVH FANATIC
    91,892 divided by 13 = 7,068 jackass!

Not when you use a calculator like this one of his.

Sweet Talkin' Ladies Man
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by MAX

LMFAO!

THE SHEEP PEN
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by MAX

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh my fucking God. I just had people in the office staring at me!!!! I broke out laughing the second I saw Van Herpes' calculator.

Man, thanks for the biggest laugh of my day!!! :p

guwapo_rocker
    Originally posted by MAX

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Thetruthbaby
    This is just killing the VHAGAR lovers. All I've seen is excuse after excuse as to why the "mighty" VAN HAGAR is only averaging 7,068 people per night (91,892 tix divided by 13 shows= 7,068). Other rock acts like ASmith and FMac are doing well over 9,000 per night and Metallica are doing over 13,000 yet there are "reasons" as to why VHagar can't muster a better total. Yeah the attendance may improve some by the end of the tour (certainly can't get any worse) but I think it's safe to say this tour WILL NOT MEET EXPECTATIONS considering the "VAN HALEN" name is attatched to it. I guess people just aren't all that amped to hear WCTBLove and Dreams again. Gee, wonder why?
    But, Pollstar says the average tick sale is 9,189. Not 7, 068???

Sweet Talkin' Ladies Man
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Hummarstra
    But, Pollstar says the average tick sale is 9,189. Not 7, 068???
    Because Pollstar divided the number of cities (10) instead of the number of shows (13).

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    i believe anything against sammy! who cares if its true or not? it doesnt matter if it bebefits the rotharmy

THE SHEEP PEN
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by EVH FANATIC
    Because Pollstar divided the number of cities (10) instead of the number of shows (13).
    Well then, the 7K number is the right one.

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    right on!

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

JESUS F'N CHRIST;LET ME EXPLAIN ONE MORE F'N TIME HAGAR

Pollstar (for whatever fucking reason) is dividing the total number of tix sold (91,892) by the number of Cities (10) to get the per ticket average (9,189). HOWEVER IF YOU WANT THE TRUE PER SHOW AVERAGE YOU MUST DIVIDE THE TOTAL TIX SOLD BY THE NUMBER OF SHOWS. PAY CLOSE ATTENTION HAGAR FANS, I'M ABOUT TO EDUCATE YOU. 91,892 TIX SOLD DIVIDED BY 13 SHOWS, REPEAT 13 SHOWS COMES TO A GRAND TOTAL OF 7.068 PEOPLE PER SHOW. REPEAT 7.068 PER SHOW. WHAT PART OF THIS DON'T YOU FUCKING UNDERSTAND. I went into detail in my original post yesterday about this yet you dumbasses are debating it when it's there for everyone to see. The Hagar dipshits on The Links are doing the same thing. Incredible. VHAGAR are averaging 7.068 per night and no more. THIS IS FACT. LOOK AT THE DAMN CHART AGAIN. Jesus you people are stupid.

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

WHERE ARE THE HAGAR FANS AFTER MY LAST POST

WHERE ARE THE HAGAR FANS AFTER MY LAST POST. I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE NEXT EXCUSE. Actually it's probably taking them a while trying to figure out how to work a calculator. 7,068 a night for the "mighty" VANHAGAR.

Foot Soldier

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    after 13 shows...wait and see what it is at the end? way too early to tell what its going to be. still projected to bring in over 20 million in gross is still a hefty chunk of money to bring in

guwapo_rocker
    after 13 shows...wait and see what it is at the end? way too early to tell what its going to be. still projected to bring in over 20 million in gross is still a hefty chunk of money to bring in
    Not when they were expecting $60,000,000 bro.

13 shows is actually a good indicator of what is to come.

Especially when the fans can read the lousy reviews on the

internet.

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    If they were touring with DLR it would be more like 3-5k per night. Matter of fact they wouldnt even be doing big arenas, they'd be doing local bars like Great White. People are a lot more familiar with Hagar tunes than they are the 4-5 recognizable songs with DLR.

THE SHEEP PEN
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by TongueNGroove
    If they were touring with DLR it would be more like 3-5k per night. Matter of fact they wouldnt even be doing big arenas, they'd be doing local bars like Great White.
    Go give another sheep a rim job...you retard. If you were actually a promoter, you'd be eating those words. You know damn well which tour would sell more, so why don't you have a nice cup of shut the fuck up?

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    They would probably be doing Vegas shows Like DLR is so fond of. Probably be opening up for Celine Deon.

Dave's Towing
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    If they were touring with DLR it would be more like 3-5k per night. Matter of fact they wouldnt even be doing big arenas, they'd be doing local bars like Great White. People are a lot more familiar with Hagar tunes than they are the 4-5 recognizable songs with DLR.
    That's just stupid.

Before i thought you were a Sammy fan who may have had a point to make.

Now that statement cinches it.

How fucking stupid.

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by ALinChainz
    That's just stupid.

Before i thought you were a Sammy fan who may have had a point to make.

Now that statement cinches it.

How fucking stupid.
    My point is, how do you know Van Halen with DLR would be doing better than Van Hagar is now? Exactly, you don't. In fact it makes sense they would do worse, since a lot of people who currently like Van Halen were not even around during the DLR years (That was 20-30 years ago you know). I seriously doubt DLR would do any Hagar tunes, so what would draw the new VH fans to a concert if DLR was fronting it? Sure all the hardcore VH fans would come, but I think overall they would have an even worse showing.

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Where did all the idiots go?

Where are all the idiots that were claiming over 9,000 a night go? Guess they must have read my post and looked at the chart again. COOL. 7,068 PER NIGHT. Yeah, VANHAGAR ARE REALLY TEARING UP AMERICA.

Dave's Towing
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Dude, please. It gets worse trying to prove it.

The Sammy VH has already happened, it did what it could do.

No way on God's green earth would a Dave fronted VH be doing worse. I know how long ago it was, I was there. Maybe you weren't around, but many, many of us were.

The one thing you've said correctly is that Dave wouldn't do any Sam era tunes. He was the original, he wouldn't have to. Sam does. Sam doesn't like it, but he knows he has to.

I'm not the only one, read the reviews of these shows. The fact that the new VH fans have NEVER seen the original line-up would bring them in droves. They've already seen Sammy, it is inconceivable to think they wouldn't flock to see the original, ground-breaking, line-up.

It was their debut album that changed shit in rock music forever, in nearly every phase of it.

Your point is weak to say the very least.

guwapo_rocker
    My point is, how do you know Van Halen with DLR would be doing better than Van Hagar is now? Exactly, you don't. In fact it makes sense they would do worse, since a lot of people who currently like Van Halen were not even around during the DLR years (That was 20-30 years ago you know). I seriously doubt DLR would do any Hagar tunes, so what would draw the new VH fans to a concert if DLR was fronting it? Sure all the hardcore VH fans would come, but I think overall they would have an even worse showing.
    Sheep Rimmer you are a fucking moron.

People would be screaming for tickets if it was Dave.

Roth Army Recruit

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Hagar sucks, van halen is nothing now without dave.

i have all the roth and hagar era cds, hell i only bought the hagar ones, cause, well i got them for a penny from columbia house.

out of the whole hagar era i liked maybe 4 songs.

hagar is a fag.

he licks eddie and alexs dirty assholes after each concert.

and he pitches and catches with mike anthony.

simple fact is van halen made better music with diamond dave.

fuck you hagar lovers.

hagar draws shit for tickets.

suck my dick hagar fans.

Lou
    Now THAT is a spoken like a true Roth fan.

A-MEN!

∞ SHEEP PEN GYPSY
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

This is quite possibly the most incredibly ridiculous statements I've ever heard come out of the mouth of a fellow human. Amazing. Like VNA HALEN wasn't the most populate AMERICAN band circa 1978-84. Kiss solf out 55,000+ seats at Tiger Stadium in 1996 for the kick off of their "re-union" tour in less than an hour. Van Hagar couldn't sell 40,000 seats here in more than 6 weeks. The 1982 HIDE YOUR SHEEP tour outdrew the Who on their orriginal Farewell tour. we are dealing with simpletons who where not around for the glory years of THE MIGHTY VAN HALEN and have NO concept of how big they were with Dave!

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    thetruthbaby, hey, I was one of the guys that questioned the numbers, but only because I didn't understand the table thingy they used. Anyway, yeh, 7,000 ticks is not gonna pay for that giant sea mine/camera screen thing. This tour definitely isn't making shit for CCC.

Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by MERRYKISSMASS2U
    i believe anything against sammy! who cares if its true or not? it doesnt matter if it bebefits the rotharmy
    You wouldn't happen to be running for president this year would you?

Roadie

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    To all of the A** Holes stating that the original line up wouldn't matter..what drugs are you taking?!

Did you not see the MTV Awards a few years back?? When Dave came out with the band the crowd went CRAZY!! Standing ovation for a couple of min!!
    So you mean to say those shows wouldn't sell out, especially after all the rumors & speculation over ther years??!!
    PLEASE

People would flock to see them because it's history!!

A side note, back on the 4th of July, Dave performed in front of more people than vangar has this whole tour!!

One more thing to add.. with Hagar they became more of a pop band than a hard core rock band like they were with Roth!
    Last edited by LOS35; 07-16-2004 at 04:11 AM.

Thread Information