X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cato
    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Hummm....very interesting.
    but I don't want to make a hole on my strat for batteries. any good ideas?
    Don't notice most of my posts are less than 2 lines...

Fender Custom Shop Owners Club

Gibson Custom Shop Owners Club

Cato's YouTube Channel

Comment

• kentuckyklira
      Veteran
      • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Cato
      Place the battery under the pickguard. If you use a good one and don´t constantly use the sustainer you won´t have to change it often.Or, if you change strings often, use a rechargeable and change it evry time you change the strings.
      http://images.zeit.de/gesellschaft/z...ie-540x304.jpg

Comment

• Big Troubles
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Big Troubles
        well yeah, thats just it. I like the look of the Jackson V, but I will want to be comfy playing it. I will do a lot of searching and digging around before I spend too much cash. Funny you mentioned Ibanez, I was checking out a few today.
        a little update on my pieces of shit. (compared to everyone elses )
        "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

Comment

• Big Troubles
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Feb 2004

slammer & kramer body, fender neck.
          "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

Comment

• Big Troubles
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Feb 2004

sorry for the SIZE of the pics. :confused:

a shout out to cato too. Thanks bro! You came thru on your word and I will do the same. Check your mail box for a surprise!!!

Comment

• EDDIEVRULZ
              Roadie
              • Aug 2004

i love that neck troubles. its fucking sweet.

Comment

• Big Troubles
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Feb 2004

thanks. picked it up at the pawn shop today. its a little rough, but in this small town, its not too often a used guitar, painted up like Ed's comes by too often. Plus its an original alright. Kramer bod. neck's a fender. 50th reissue? Either way Im happy with it. paid under $300.

Comment

• EDDIEVRULZ
                  Roadie
                  • Aug 2004

fuck, 300 aint bad. and that paint job looks real nice too. id say you scored! is that an EMG?

Comment

• Big Troubles
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Feb 2004

Originally posted by EDDIEVRULZ
                    fuck, 300 aint bad. and that paint job looks real nice too. id say you scored! is that an EMG?
                    yup. single coil. it's a first for me and Ive been told I will notice a pleasant difference.

Comment

• Big Troubles
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Feb 2004

the only, but major "fuck up" was the previous owner took off the "Fender" stamp on the headstock. I understand why he would, but I dont understand why he would not clean it up? I guess I will touch it up with something. I also thought that maybe he was planning on painting the stock as well?

Comment

• EDDIEVRULZ
                        Roadie
                        • Aug 2004

well, i cant speak for why he didnt clean it up, but i know i had done that before, when i was younger, and left it that way because i had seen eddie in some photo shoots with his original frankie (with a strat headstock) during the hagar years and he had whatever name was on it scratched off. maybe thats why he did it. who knows. or he could be lazy. did you say that was a single coil emg?

Comment

• GAR
                          Banned
                          • Jan 2004

You could solder a 9V Battery clip to a DC plug, then drape the input plug (like a dongle to it) under the pickguard between the two tone knobs. That way you could have a Sustainer setup, and still have a way to power it.

The downside to that is having as long a power wire going to the voltage pack as your guitar input cord, or longer, so you'd need to make a special "voltage input" cord such as you could do by wireties every 6 inches to keep it neat.

People do this with very vintage strats when they have.. special things going on inside requiring power. I charge over $80 for these type of cords because only I make them, and only as needed.

Comment

• Figs
                            Crazy Ass Mofo
                            • Jun 2004

Re: Can I show off my guitars here?

Can I show off my guitars here?
                            Yes

Comment

• Mr Grimsdale
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Jan 2004

no, don't let him
                              the yellow beast!
                              Originally posted by flappo
                              i'm sure grimsdale's on drugs

translating your Japanese.

"Master Cato is...I order, it's yours. don't ask me to do gay material for the life of me because you kick my bat."

omae baka dana?

Comment

• Cato
                                Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

omae baka dana.
                                Don't notice most of my posts are less than 2 lines...

Fender Custom Shop Owners Club

Gibson Custom Shop Owners Club

Cato's YouTube Channel

Comment

Working...