Which Classic VH Album is the best and why?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • VHFan
    Full On Cocktard
    • Jul 2004

Fair Warning would be easy to say, because your not gonna find better guitar playing by Eddie or anyone else EVER period...I can understand how VH I would be on most people's list, cause of Eruption and every song being a WINNER plus being the debut and all too...

Comment

• TwoFoolsAMinute
      Sniper
      • Apr 2004

I have recently listed to the entire catalog of VH from beginning to the end. For a long time, I would have told you Diver Down was my favorite. But, after careful review, I have to say Van Halen I. The sound and the power of the tracks on that one are so dead on they would give a normal guy wood. Most of my favorite VH songs are on other recordings, but as far as the perfect VH album:
      VAN HALEN I

Comment

• Davidsgrl
        Groupie
        • Jul 2004

Van Halen is the best because originals are always better.
        Death
        Mistress of the Dark
        God
        Satan's Daughter
        Me, myself, and I
        The Female version of DLR,
        ego and all!
        Suki
        The Official Baby of the Site
        "Dont stick your tongue out at me unless you intend to use it!"

Comment

• ClubDave
          Roadie
          • Aug 2004

simple, the best classic vh album, and my favorite album ever is VHII......doa is the most amazing piece of music yo uwill ever hear, the instrumentals never stop coming at you with a ferocious intensity, especially at the end when they pick up speed and rock like only vh can........but what really makes this album great is the song order......it all seems to flow starting with the excellent opener of youre no good, which to me gives a nice steady feel and evh's solo sounds really really good.......from there it seems like every song keeps picking up in intensity and then it slowly descends with women in love, and beautiful girls is such a party song......and really the whole album is like one big party.......and i do believe a party is what vh has always been about, they or more specifically dave is the party, and they started out playing the parties, they just wanted to make kick ass music and have a good time doin it, and before everything got corrupted by the van helsing brothers, thats what they did, i think vhII best represents that and was the big prime for the band

p.s. big props to dlr for his work on light up the sky, i said vh was about a good time, but when the time came dlr knew how to write some really excellent meaningful lyrics, and eddies solo is hot

Comment

• frenchie
            Foot Soldier
            • Jul 2004

fair warning is really great, eddie makes everything on it, near a solo album in songwritting but nobody knows that

Comment

• DeadOrAlive
              Veteran
              • Jul 2004

VH2/1984... Can't choose!

Comment

Working...