X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Big Troubles
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Feb 2004

VH timeline posted

Follow the StarTribune for the news, photos and videos from the Twin Cities and beyond.

A Van Halen timeline:

1975: Of all the bands in L.A., Van Halen is the loudest.

1978: Van Halen's debut album is cleverly titled: "Van Halen."

1979: The band transports 22 tons of equipment on a 10-month tour. But it's only four tons when you subtract the drugs and alcohol.

1980: David Lee Roth is Van Ailin' after a flying-squirrel leap into some hanging stage lights.

1981: Eddie Van Halen marries Valerie Bertinelli, who is famous for not being Mackenzie Phillips.

1983: Roth is not thrilled when Eddie plays on Michael Jackson's "Beat It."

1984: Millions leap to buy "Jump," the gleeful-sounding single that pronounces, "You might as well jump."

1985: Roth quits, opening the door for Sammy (Van) Hagar.

1986: "Why Can't This Be Love" contains the line: "Only time will tell if we stand the test of time." So true.

1989: The leads of "Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure" admit they "will never be a super band until we have Eddie Van Halen on guitar."

1991: Eddie and Val name their son Wolfgang because they don't want him to be teased or anything.

1996: Hagar is Van Bailin' after the guys asks Roth to record a song with them.

1998: Gary Cherone becomes the band's third lead singer -- for about 13 minutes.

1999: This just in from the Van Halen News Desk: 46 percent of fans want Roth as lead singer; 40 percent prefer Hagar.

2001: The marriage is Van Failin'; Eddie and Valerie split.

2004: Hagar buries the bitterness, returns for a second helping of Van Hagar.
    "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"
  • Big Troubles
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Feb 2004

hey I thought this was interesting. Guess not. LOL
    "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

Comment

• YankeeRose

it's amusing enough..made me smile...thanx..

Comment

• Panamark
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jan 2004

Theres a lot missin !
        BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
        Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• YankeeRose

Originally posted by Panamark
          Theres a lot missin !
          that's what made it so amusing....

Comment

• Brettt
            Roadie
            • Jun 2004

8=======D

Lowtide Rocks!

Comment

• Big Troubles
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Brettt
              8=======D

Hey its good to see Brett without all that make up on.

Comment

• Big Troubles
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Panamark
                Theres a lot missin !
                hey it was a copy and paste job. LOL Yeah theres a lot missing but I think its intent was to keep it short.

Lets see YOU do better!?

Comment

Working...