Thread: did tha sam and dave tour in 2002 hurt the sales of van hagars current tour

lilELVIS

did tha sam and dave tour in 2002 hurt the sales of van hagars current tour

what yall think?? i think most fans saw the solo show thinkin that was it...now nones as interested...hell there was way more hype behind sam and daves toour....is the new van hagar tour selling as good as the sam and dave tour did?
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

van halen army
    Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    06-17-2005 @ 12:39 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Re: did tha sam and dave tour in 2002 hurt the sales of van hagars current tour

Originally posted by lilELVIS
    what yall think?? i think most fans saw the solo show thinkin that was it...now nones as interested...hell there was way more hype behind sam and daves toour....is the new van hagar tour selling as good as the sam and dave tour did?
    the sam and dave tour packed the house here on the east coast. great show. im a vh fan but on that tour iwas there to see dave. as far as the two doing there own shit the vh shows ive been too were more packed and louder......
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

7 Time MVP
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    05-26-2015 @ 05:20 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by rockvanhalen66
    the sam and dave tour packed the house here on the east coast. great show. im a vh fan but on that tour iwas there to see dave. as far as the two doing there own shit the vh shows ive been too were more packed and louder......
    Hey man. In your honest opinion who was better that night ?

Foot Soldier

Member No
    Last Online
    10-15-2007 @ 05:09 PM
    Status
    Thanks

im curious to what that show grossed...I dont think I ever saw numbers for it...it would be interesting to compare it to the current tour. I saw it in Camden, and I didnt think Dave had his best night that night and thought Sam sounded better...but it exciting to see DLR do his thing for the first time live. That was the best part of seeing the VH3 tour, was hearing the whole catalog represented and not just the "expected" songs. Yeah Gary may not have fit but that fucker was the only one who cared what we wanted to hear and got out when he knew people were wanting someone else.

i dont think it had an effect on this tour though. I really think attendance would be better if tickets were more affordable at the time the tix went on sale. i know they are discounted in some places now, but who checks that all the time to see it. if vh were smart they would announce slow sales and price drops and resell/refund the people to the new prices.

van halen army
    Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by Bill Lumbergh
    Hey man. In your honest opinion who was better that night ?
    we drove to the show that night with six heads me and my two brothers and some buds. we were all talking about who is gonna put on a better show. my one brother said dave will run shit that night for he was the headliner. my other brother die hard vh fan was not sure. when sam played he did his shit with mike a and gary c and other special guest. he did his set like a big old party. not bad shit at all. then dave came out . and did his shit more of a performence then sam i thought. i would say i liked daves set better. he played a lot of vh shit and solo shit.

Foot Soldier

Member No
    Last Online
    10-15-2007 @ 05:09 PM
    Status
    Thanks

how cool was it when sam brought out M.A. and gary though? i love going to shows and seeing shit like that that you dont expect. Sammy sounded better than than he does on the current tour

van halen army
    Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by EmpyreLounge44
    how cool was it when sam brought out M.A. and gary though? i love going to shows and seeing shit like that that you dont expect. Sammy sounded better than than he does on the current tour
    when mike came out he rocked the fucking joint. i heard he was hanging out with sam but i did not think he would play that night. gary came out and was doing a tune with sam. cool shit. you got dave sam gary and mike. not bad...... then dave all in all great show..... isaid to my brothers watch ed and al come out on daves set lol

Foot Soldier

Member No
    Last Online
    03-29-2013 @ 12:19 AM
    Status
    Thanks

THAT'S the problem...Sam needs help...

guwapo_rocker
    Shaddup Giz Sponge!!

Reverend of Style
    Full On Cocktard
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-16-2012 @ 03:45 PM
    Status
    Thanks

I saw Sam/Dave twice in 2 weeks during the Sam/Dave. Chicago and Alpine Valley. Both good shows. Sam had Dave beat a tad in Chicago (Michael Anthony helped by being with Sam) Dave's sound was never right. He still rocked though. Dave blew the roof off Alpine Valley. A friend who went said-He thought that when Dave came on he forgot that Sammy opened.

Roth Army Recruit
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-08-2010 @ 07:42 AM
    Status
    Thanks

I was at the show in Tampa. I am not sure how many people the Ice Palace holds, but it was a little more than half full. Dave opened and was great. His set list was killer.Dave had the place rock'in. Sam closed and put on a solid show, but his newer solo stuff did'nt get the crowd going until Mike Anthony came out. Then the crowd went nuts.I would have loved to see Mike play with Dave for a couple of tunes and like most was hoping Dave and Sam would do a tune together.
    I do feel The Sam and Dave Tour is hurting this 2004 VH tour becauce you got to here the best of both Era's.There were many young fans there who never herd "So this is love" or "Dance the night away", and were not cheering as loud as I was during those songs. Yet when Sam played "Runaround" or "Right Now", The younger fans were up for it. Like it or not this band has many fans of both Era's.
    Dave and Sam pushed each other becauce of the rivalry. It made the show great.The real winners were VH fans becauce a reunion with any singer seemed imposible at that time. I later saw Dave a Universal Studios Florida Marti Graw Party early "03". he was great that night too. Any concerns about him cutting it live are BS.When he was playing the Classic VH you could not help but wish ED, Mike and Al were there. It truly is a shame they cant pull it off.

Fabulous Shadow
    I dont think so, people are going to see Eddie. IMO it isnt about HAGAR.

∞ SHEEP PEN GYPSY
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-25-2024 @ 06:27 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,031 Times in 685 Posts

Talking

Originally posted by Fabulous Shadow
    I would have thought that the Sham Halen tour would bring in some young fans and young people in general who had heard about the bands reputation as a killer live act, but their 7,000+ a night attendance seems to say otherwise. It looks like the Van Hagar Sheep are the only ones showing up, and from the looks of things there aren't many of them left!

Mr. Awesome
    Head Fluffer

Member No
    Last Online
    01-23-2006 @ 09:52 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by Fabulous Shadow
    That's why i saw Van hagar this summer.

∞ SHEEP PEN GYPSY
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-25-2024 @ 06:27 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,031 Times in 685 Posts

Talking

Originally posted by tobinentinc
    That's why i saw Van hagar this summer.

Right, I forgot the dedicated Guitar worshipers that still wanna check out the man Diamond David Lee Roth refered to as "the last guitar Hero!" See, Dave was never threatened by Ed's popularity and talent, rather he did all he could to praise the rest of the band. And thats one more reason that DAVID LEE ROTH IS VAN HALEN!

Mr. Smarty Pants
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-01-2012 @ 09:00 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by lilELVIS
    It actually hurt 2 things:

1) This tour
    2) Dave's chance of ever returning to Van Halen.

Over and out,
    General Hina

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-01-2014 @ 09:03 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by General Hina

1) This tour

Over and out,
    General Hina
    Yet it didnt hurt Sammys ? Why is that ??

your mom
    Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    08-24-2004 @ 09:25 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by General Hina

1) This tour

Over and out,
    General Hina
    Panamark: Exactly.

General Hyena is back making his usual dumbass comments as if he knows anything about anything... all he knows is assmunching

THe only things that hurt the Van Gabar tour are that Sammy sucks, Eddie sucks, Eddie can't play anymore, Eddie is a drunken bum who should be homeless, Eddie has Jack Osbourne for a son, the new songs suck, the BOV albums suck, Eddie no longer has an entire tongue, and the old hip he had held all of his talent...

Commando

Member No
    Last Online
    11-02-2007 @ 05:38 PM
    Status
    Thanks

buddy rip on Eddie if you want..but leave his kid out of it

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-18-2024 @ 10:36 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Yeah, let's rip on that fat fuck behind the mic, and the guy who looks like Leonard Nimoy that's behind the kit.

Thread Information