Clear All
  • Va Beach VH Fan
    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    • Dec 2003

Eddie gets pissed at Cleveland columnist

Truth hurts Edwardo....

Splitting hairs with Van Halen
    Sunday, July 18, 2004
    So I got a voice mail the other day at 3 a.m. from Eddie Van Halen.

The virtuoso guitarist took exception with my review of his hard-rock band Van Halen's concert July 2 at Gund Arena.

"Music, to me, is my life," he said. "How could you critique something that just is, you know?

"I don't claim to write the music. It just comes through me. . . . If you don't like it, why do you come?"

Eddie then offered a quick critique of me. "I think you're a disgruntled human being," he said. Ouch!
    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth
  • Big Troubles
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Feb 2004

LOL Ed can't handle criticism? Looks good on him.
    "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

Comment

• Wayne L.

Eddie shouldn't take what this columnist or any critic has to say too seriously about him or his band anyway since it's ONLY an opinion from a person who doesn't have his guitar virtuosity!!!

Comment

• pete
        Crazy Ass Mofo
        • Jan 2004

3am?

I'm sure his speech quality was in top form.

LOL

argh arghj argh

Comment

• Panamark
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Jan 2004

It obviously touches a nerve with EVH. Most musical acts accept there will be good and bad reviews. Maybe he is little jumpy over the new tunes. Who could blame him ? We all know he can do so much better
          with Dave Roth.
          BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
          Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• Bob_R
            Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

You made your bed Edward, I'm afraid you're going to have to lay (or is it lie) in it.
            Talk Classic Rock - The Official Message Board For Classic Rock -- Now on XenForo!

Comment

• Matt White
              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by EVH FANATIC
              You made your bed Edward, I'm afraid you're going to have to lay (or is it lie) in it.
              Must be tough after all those years of critical acclaim and fan support to suddenly start getting called on his bullshit music! After the debacle of VHIII, Ed must be very sensitive to negative reviews! Sad to say, after hearing his new music, he had better get used to gettin' his chops busted by the fans and critics alike!

Comment

• madraoul
                Foot Soldier
                • Feb 2004

I bet the reporter can play Unchained.

Comment

• guwapo_rocker

Originally posted by EVH FANATIC
                  Sammy lies in his bed and he lies when he's not in bed

and he lie when he's on a spaceship.....

Comment

• Full Bug
                    Crazy Ass Mofo
                    • Jan 2004

The reporter better be wearing a cup, how dare he criticize the great Edward? The nerve of some people....
                    Diamond Mafia Forever - 4. To restore fullbug to the prominent place in this board, after various serious attacks by hitch1969 have now damaged his reputation and now is reguarded as a "Retarded, Stoned, Canadian, Dog finger bangin' fuckup"

Comment

• guwapo_rocker

The really good thing is IMO that Ed is reading these reviews.

So he is seeing all of the references to Dave, and he is seeing

that these reviewers are spreading the word about the

decidedly louder reception the Roth era tunes are receiving.

Comment

• guwapo_rocker

Originally posted by Full Bug
                        The reporter better be wearing a cup, how dare he criticize the great Edward? The nerve of some people....
                        Edward Van Halen "don't you dare write a bad review about my band fucker...I'll.......I'll....I'll.......I'll leave you a fuckin' voicemail in the middle of the night HIC!"

Comment

• Matt White
                          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by guwapo_rocker
                          The really good thing is IMO that Ed is reading these reviews.

So he is seeing all of the references to Dave, and he is seeing

that these reviewers are spreading the word about the

decidedly louder reception the Roth era tunes are receiving.
                          I can just see him in his dressing room throwing a tantrum! "I'm the great and powerful Edward! How dare ordinary mortals mock my superpowers(see last months GUITARWORLD for this amazing revelation)!!!!I'm the greatest musician of the 20th century!!!" Somebody needs to get this guy somewhere NEAR fuckin' reality man! So incredibly sad!

Comment

• Full Bug
                            Crazy Ass Mofo
                            • Jan 2004

Edward Van Halen "don't you dare write a bad review about my band fucker...I'll.......I'll....I'll.......I'll leave you a fuckin' voicemail in the middle of the night HIC!"
                            Yeah, thats about it, lol.....
                            Diamond Mafia Forever - 4. To restore fullbug to the prominent place in this board, after various serious attacks by hitch1969 have now damaged his reputation and now is reguarded as a "Retarded, Stoned, Canadian, Dog finger bangin' fuckup"

Comment

• Bob_R
                              Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Edward was recently asked by a disc jockey whether he checks out the various Van Halen message boards where hardcore fans have supported Van Halen over the past 5 years of silence. Edward's response? "No, I don't . . . because I have a life."

I guess he'll have to stop reading the newspaper as well.
                              Talk Classic Rock - The Official Message Board For Classic Rock -- Now on XenForo!

Comment

Working...