• Show
Clear All
  • Dave's PA Rental
    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

'Van Halen Rapes Stockholm' 8.25.1984

I just re-seeded this show over at Sharingthegroove.org

it's in .SHN...not mp3
    Maybe this is what a heroine addict feels like after getting a long awaited fix, shooting up in the corner of some abandoned building and just not giving a fuck about what the rest of the world thinks...TATTOO"
  • Dave's PA Rental
    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Lou, check out this banner I just made for the STG tracker...

oops, had to fix something. Ill put it back up in a minute
    Last edited by Dave's PA Rental; 01-19-2004, 07:51 PM.
    Maybe this is what a heroine addict feels like after getting a long awaited fix, shooting up in the corner of some abandoned building and just not giving a fuck about what the rest of the world thinks...TATTOO"

Comment

• Dave's PA Rental
      Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

cant get on the fucking site to upload it...

Comment

• Dave's PA Rental
        Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

here we go...
        Last edited by Dave's PA Rental; 01-20-2004, 06:50 PM.

Comment

• Dave's PA Rental
          Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

smaller

Comment

• FORD
            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Are there any Bit Torrent programs besides the standard issue client. Or is there any way to make the damn thing download faster? I'm averaging about 5 KB/S downloads, and some of these things are taking a week or more to download, which of course runs the risk that the main seed and anyone else with the full file will have logged off - like with one of my Stones downloads stuck at 91%
            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Dave's PA Rental
              Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

FORD...im not an expert by any means, but I think that there are many variables that go into the rate at which you can download.

I think you probably just have a slow connection...you said that it took you a while to download "Dean-Reloaded", it took me about 1 minute (cable). Thats just one thing, though. It depends on how many seeders are out there, how many other leachers there are. If one of the leachers is trying to download on a DIAL-UP...well, that person fucks it up for everyone else on that torrent.

I really think that the software is the least of the problem.

Comment

• ELVIS
                Banned
                • Dec 2003

Originally posted by FORD
                Are there any Bit Torrent programs besides the standard issue client. Or is there any way to make the damn thing download faster? I'm averaging about 5 KB/S downloads, and some of these things are taking a week or more to download, which of course runs the risk that the main seed and anyone else with the full file will have logged off - like with one of my Stones downloads stuck at 91%
                You're on dial up ??

Comment

• Lou

FORD, what ISP do you have? I have Comcast High-speed Internet, and just recently they've upped their DL speeds to a maximum of 390 KB/sec. If you're using DSL or some other broadband connection, you may only get 100 KB/sec max.

Next are you behind a firewall or router? That's a big problem, and if so you need to open up ports 6881-6889 for the torrent to work properly. If you're using a commercial ISP like Comcast, firewalling shouldn't be an issue though. You might want to check your Windows settings to make sure you haven't firewalled yourself. You can do this by going to Control Panel>Network Connections>LAN/High Speed Internet>Right Click-Properties>Advanced Tab. Then adjust your router settings if you have one. I personally have a Linksys router and I've configured it to work fine. You can go to google.com and search for your brand of router and I'm sure you'll get the info you need.

Another factor is the client you're using. If you're not already using it, you should use Shad0w's Experimental Client which can be found here. This allows you to cap your upload speed to as little as 3 KB/sec to speed things up.

Then of course there are the other standard factors like number of seeds, number of peers that can connect to you. I'd wager a guess that a lot of the other leechers aren't configured correctly, whereby they can connect for DL's but can't connect properly for UL's.

And then finally, is your computer older or newer? That can affect things too.

Comment

• Lou

Originally posted by Daves PA rental
                    If one of the leachers is trying to download on a DIAL-UP...well, that person fucks it up for everyone else on that torrent.
                    That I didn't know, how do they screw it up for everyone else?

Comment

• Dave's PA Rental
                      Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

I don't know for sure, Lou...I read it somewhere on some bit torrent site...

Comment

• mediaaddict
                        Roth Army Recruit
                        • Jan 2012

Can you repost this?

Comment

• rocking ron
                          Head Fluffer
                          • Sep 2010

This was a quite fair quality '84 show, got this one as double-cdr, why the fuck isn't this on dvd??? Would be great....

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
                            ROTH ARMY ELITE
                            • Jan 2004

Stockholm was pure power. A must own show.

Comment

Working...