Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Matt White
    • Jun 2004

Just Watched VAN HALEN Boot Video from BRAZIL '1983

WOW! I just purchased a boot video of THE MIGHTY VAN HALEN live in Brazil 1983. It was obliviously meant for South American TV broadcast. UNFUCKING believeable! Much tighter than the US festival, and in much better spirits! Its INSANE that no offical live material from the DAVE era has been released by the band. They could EASILY do like Zeppelin and dig into the archives. With a better audio, this video itself would sell like Islam in the desert!
  • Matt White
    • Jun 2004

The CRAZIEST part is when they launched into "Heartbreak Hotel"! Very strange, but exceptionaly cool. Nice bit of blues from Ed!

Comment

• Halen High
      Commando
      • Jul 2004

I also have that show on video. It's an awesome performance. The crowd shots are excellent too. Actually, the crowd looks huge, not to mention out of control! Does anyone have any background on this show like the attendance, support act etc?

Comment

• steve
        Sniper
        • Feb 2004

Is this up for download anywhere? How can I get my greasies on this one?

Comment

• Terry
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Jan 2004

Have the Argentina video from that tour, and have some the audio from the Brazil one. Have seen bits and pieces of video from the Brazil show. Could never get anyone to trade it, though.

Halen were shit hot, no doubt.

For anyone interested in the South American 1983 tour:

1/14/83: Paliebro, Caracas, Venezuela
          1/15/83: " "
          1/16/83: " " Audio and Video boots exist

1/21/83: Ibirapuera Gymnasium, Sao Paulo, Brazil Vid boots exist
          1/22/83: " "
          1/23/83: " "

1/26/83: Maracanazinho Gymnasium, Rio De Janeiro, Brazil
          1/27/83: " " Audio
          boots
          exist

1/28/83: Gigantinho Gymnasium, Porto Alegre, Brazil
          1/29/83: " "

2/05/83: Auditorio El Cilandro, Montevideo, Uruguay Audio boots
          exist

2/07/83: Auditorio Obras, Buenos Aires, Argentina
          2/08/83: Newell's Old Boys, Rosario, Argentina
          2/09/83: " "

2/11/83: Auditorio Obras, Buenos Aries, Argentina Audio and video
          boots exist

2/12/83: " "
          2/13/83: " "
          Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• pete
            Crazy Ass Mofo
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by steve
            Is this up for download anywhere? How can I get my greasies on this one?
            of-fucking-course http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showt...&threadid=7920

Comment

• fysoabeach
              Roth Army Recruit
              • Apr 2004

FOI ADRENALINA PURA EM 1983 ... TOO BAD ROTH WAS UNABLE TO COME ON THE ROCK IN RIO,EVERYBODY WAITED IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE THE BEST NIGHT OF THE EVENT ROTH AND GUNS AND ROSES, MAYBE NEXT ROCK IN RIO... TALKING ABOUT BRAZIL I HEARD THEY ARE PLAYING CLASSIC VAN HALEN ,LED ZEPPELIN ALL DAY LONG ON THE BRAZILIAN MTV .WE LOVE DAVE IN BRAZIL!!! CACHACEIRO LOUCO !!!

Comment

• madraoul
                Foot Soldier
                • Feb 2004

Knowing what the brothers turned out to be, this is funny as hell. I try to imagine them in their off time in South America back then. Even funnier is the thought of them trying to tour that region now. Dave may not be Jesus, but he definitely is all things to all people.

Comment

• Lou

That's a shame you bought it Matt White, because I gave it away a couple of weeks ago. The whole thing, BTB Productions.

DO NOT BUY BOOTLEGS.

I'll fuckin' torrent it on Sharing The Groove if you really want it that bad, and I have it.

Comment

• Lou

Also Rio does not exist, it's been mislabeled for years. Any time you see "Rio 1/27/83" it's just a repeat of Buenos Aires 2/11/83.

Here is what's circulating of the South American Tour:

Caracas 1/16/83--85 min. audio, 60 min. video. Most likely the audio came from the video, but the full show is not circulating in any form.

Sao Paulo 1/21/83--107 min. video, complete. Any audio you find comes from the video.

Montevideo 2/5/83--complete show on audio. Can't tell if it's SB, FM, or video SB. There's supposedly a 30 min. video segment of this out there but it's very undercirculated.

Buenos Aires 2/11/83--85 min. video. Any audio you get comes from the video, which is incomplete.

There is no Rio 1/27/83 circulating out there, it is a repeat of Buenos Aires 2/11/83.

Comment

• 5150Clown
                      Head Fluffer
                      • Mar 2004

By the way...I downloaded that show, the file is way too small to be an entire video. Something's wrong.

Guys...I would love to own all those shows you guys talk about. I've seen parts of each. Is Ebay reliable for this stuff?
                      "If Eddie & Dave would put asside their egos, Aerosmith would have to give up their tittle of the 'Greatest American Rock Band'"

Comment

• Lou

Are you sure? No one else had problems. Should have been 4.3 GB.

Comment

• Matt White
                          • Jun 2004

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Lou
                          [B]That's a shame you bought it Matt White, because I gave it away a couple of weeks ago. The whole thing, BTB Productions.

DO NOT BUY BOOTLEGS.

It also has 5 songs from EEAS, summer of 86 I believe from Chrysler arena in Ann Arbor Mi. Its extra cool 'cause I was at that show. It FUCKING rocked!!! And for good measure, the promo videos for VHI are on it as well. It was too good a deal to pass up!

Comment

• ELVIS
                            Banned
                            • Dec 2003

Buenos Aires is the Best live Van Halen, period...

Comment

• Lou

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Matt White
                              [B]
                              Originally posted by Lou
                              That's a shame you bought it Matt White, because I gave it away a couple of weeks ago. The whole thing, BTB Productions.

DO NOT BUY BOOTLEGS.

It also has 5 songs from EEAS, summer of 86 I believe from Chrysler arena in Ann Arbor Mi. Its extra cool 'cause I was at that show. It FUCKING rocked!!! And for good measure, the promo videos for VHI are on it as well. It was too good a deal to pass up!
                              Are you talking about the same show?

People get Sao Paulo and Buenos Aires confused. I don't know why but they do.

Assuming you got 1 DVD, there's no way all that would fit with Sao Paulo, Brazil 1/21/83 as it's 107 min., unless you got an incomplete show. If you got Buenos Aires, which runs 85 minutes, then you'd have enough space for that. If it periodically says "ATC" on the bottom of the screen it's Buenos Aires.

Comment

Working...