X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PHOENIX
    Veteran
    • Jan 2004

U2, IRON MAIDEN, DEF LEPPARD To Be Nominated For ROCK AND ROLL HALL OF FAME

U2, IRON MAIDEN, DEF LEPPARD To Be Nominated For ROCK AND ROLL HALL OF FAME Induction? - July 25, 2004

According to the San Francisco Chronicle, the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame nominating committee is discussing the potential nominees for 2005 induction. Apart from sure-shot U2, some of the artists eligible for the first time include IRON MAIDEN, DEF LEPPARD, BRYAN ADAMS, PAT BENATAR and SIMPLE MINDS. Artists become eligible for induction 25 years after the release of their first record. Criteria include the influence and significance of the artist’s contributions to the development and perpetuation of rock and roll.
  • PHOENIX
    Veteran
    • Jan 2004

Still no Van Halen or Sabbath. Or Judas Priest for that matter!

Comment

• Rebel
      Crazy Ass Mofo
      • Feb 2004

I knew that thing was meaningless after the Black Sabbath debacle. Only bands possibly more influential would have been the Beatles and maybe Zep.
      The BLASTFurnace turned me into a bitch

Comment

• Figs
        Crazy Ass Mofo
        • Jun 2004

Lovin Spoonful - yes!

Black Sabbath - no!

Pretty stupid. I'm going there this week anyway - baaaaaa!

Comment

• smaz
          Commando
          • Mar 2004

Black Sabbath should be in there. They're one of the most famous classic rock bands ever. Who hasn't heard of Ozzy Osbourne?? I'd like to see Iron Maiden in there, they're great.
          Moving webhosts & will be making changes to the picture hosting - watch this space..

Comment

• FORD
            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

I've posted this everytime the subject has come up, but it appears memories are short...

Black Sabbath voluntarily declined induction into the rock n roll hall of fame. Their reasons for doing so, as Ozzy explained, were that the "critics couldn't give a shit about us in the 70's, so why would they pretend they like us now"
            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Full Bug
              Crazy Ass Mofo
              • Jan 2004

Its nice to hear at least something from Ozzy that makes any sense anymore.....Screw the Hall Of Fame.....
              Diamond Mafia Forever - 4. To restore fullbug to the prominent place in this board, after various serious attacks by hitch1969 have now damaged his reputation and now is reguarded as a "Retarded, Stoned, Canadian, Dog finger bangin' fuckup"

Comment

• Wayne L.

You know the RNRHOF has lost all credibility after other legendary artists who deseved it when Black Sabbath, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Grand Funk Railroad, Deep Purple, Alice Cooper, Ted Nugent, Kiss & Van Halen haven't been nominated yet. It's great that Pat Benetar is being nominated for the RNRHOF since she is one of the last great female rock vocalist after Janis Joplin & Ann Wilson of Heart. I think it's a bad sign when Def Leppard is being nominated for the RNRHOF because that leads to Motley Crue & Bon Jovi who are one album wonders which defined 80's rock realistically speaking.

Comment

• Warham
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Mar 2004

I'm pretty sure I know why Van Halen hasn't been nominated yet. It's a pretty well known reason. I'm sure any of us could guess what it is.

Comment

• BITEYOASS
                    ROTH ARMY ELITE
                    • Jan 2004

Well if Def Leppard is going to be inducted, then Pete Willis better be there!!! >

Comment

• pete
                      Crazy Ass Mofo
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Wayne L.
                      I think it's a bad sign when Def Leppard is being nominated for the RNRHOF because that leads to Motley Crue & Bon Jovi who are one album wonders which defined 80's rock realistically speaking.
                      so true

Comment

• EmpyreLounge44
                        Foot Soldier
                        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Warham
                        I'm pretty sure I know why Van Halen hasn't been nominated yet. It's a pretty well known reason. I'm sure any of us could guess what it is.
                        cause they are less influential than we all think and will be remembered more for the drama than the music and have fucked their legacy beyond belief?

Comment

• Warham
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Mar 2004

As Bugs Bunny would say...'could be, Doc, could be.'

Comment

• Carmine
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Apr 2004

Originally posted by EmpyreLounge44
                            cause they are less influential than we all think and will be remembered more for the drama than the music and have fucked their legacy beyond belief?
                            Sad....but true.

Comment

• EmpyreLounge44
                              Foot Soldier
                              • Jun 2004

warham, i must say im glad you changed your avitar...the last one really scared me a little. dont know why but it did

Comment

Working...