Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vinnie Velvet
    Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Those were good times.....DAMN GOOD times.
    =V V=
    ole No.1 The finest
    EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• POJO_Risin
      Roth Army Caesar
      • Mar 2003

It's interesting looking back on it hombre...when there was actually a fight to be had at a site that needed the fight at the time...

It was actually kind of funny...because anyone could wear the colors...but they were fucking scared to do it...
      "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
        Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

I totally agree.

That sort of thing will never come again because of the time we were in.

There weren't many DLR or VH message forums back in '99 or 2000. The whole message board craze was in its infancy. Brett's Links was one of the first.

And it was just about the time when Cherone was kicked out of VH that all us DLR/CVH fans began to really preach the word of ROTH!

It was a fun time because (and as we later found out to be true), CVH was preparing a reunion. And speculation was rampant.

and then EUAS was born.

It was fun to be a part of a 'gang' of people who wouldn't stand for any Van Hagar loving nonsense or Roth bashing.

We kicked ass and took names.
        =V V=
        ole No.1 The finest
        EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• POJO_Risin
          Roth Army Caesar
          • Mar 2003

Our 2 best threads are gone over there...lmfao...to bad...there was some good shit...
          "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
            Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Yeah, there was indeed.

Still no sight of hainy?
            =V V=
            ole No.1 The finest
            EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• POJO_Risin
              Roth Army Caesar
              • Mar 2003

I've spent some lurking time over at the links...and haven't seen him...he's around though...

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
                Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

I've been back and forth to Links and haven't noticed him around.

Anyhow, hey POJ', isn't EUAS the first original DLR/CVH fan "stable" to emerge on the net?

I was thinking about this and I think we were.
                =V V=
                ole No.1 The finest
                EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                  ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                  • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet
                  Anyhow, hey POJ', isn't EUAS the first original DLR/CVH fan "stable" to emerge on the net?

I was thinking about this and I think we were.
                  I thought I remembered Icon saying something about a group of DLR/CVH fans starting in the late '90's, before the birth of EUAS...

I could be wrong, if it doesn't have anything to do with Notre Dame, Icon is a pretty dellusional sumbitch....
                  Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                    Roth Army Caesar
                    • Mar 2003

Like Va says...I don't think that we were the first...

but we ARE definately the best...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                      Roth Army Caesar
                      • Mar 2003

I think the simple fact that we don't remember that group...says it all...doesn't it...

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                        ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                        • Dec 2003

Means we're fucking old, that's all that means....
                        Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
                          Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Old but STILL THE BEST!! (much like Dave!)

I wasn't part of a DLR/CVH stable or group per say before EUAS, but I sure did frequent the the old boards at vanhalen.com and slawterhouse.com

And that's around 1996-1998.

Those old style message boards were funny -- people posting as Gary Cherone or Eddie were hilarious.
                          =V V=
                          ole No.1 The finest
                          EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                            Roth Army Caesar
                            • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                            Means we're fucking old, that's all that means....
                            Some...more than others...

and I was around then as well...VV...and don't recall a faction per se...

or else I'd have probably been in it...lmfao...

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
                              Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Yeah, I don't remember any factions either.

Remember, at the time, message boards were clearly the old 'message' style boards and not message FORUMS.

So, it may have been difficult to form stables back then.
                              =V V=
                              ole No.1 The finest
                              EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                                Roth Army Caesar
                                • Mar 2003

stables...lmfao...this shit makes me laugh...

you goin' to any shows VV?

Comment

Working...