hitchworld1969
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-31-2024 @ 03:31 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,502 Times in 1,469 Posts

When I was little I used to love BUMPer cars...
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

hitchworld1969
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I know a pitcher for the Florida MARLINS.... HIS NAME IS NATE

BUMP!!!!

Banned
    132dB's At Your Service

Member No
    Last Online
    05-21-2013 @ 07:57 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    bizzbump
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Banned
    Ook Can This Be Glove?
    Member No
    Last Online
    11-18-2010 @ 04:07 PM
    Status
    Thanks

FARTOFLUMP

hitchworld1969
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

You gotta love it when you gotta bump a thread... when it's already a sticky...

Roth Army Recruit
    Member No
    Last Online
    02-23-2005 @ 01:11 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Ok, It's my first post here! But I been around here awhile and I been at the VH links. WHY IN THE WORLD ARE YOU SO BITTER? I don't understand the animosity towards Sammy Hagar. Yep I like the original Van Halen with DLR as well as anyone else on here but It has been almost 20 years since they were a band. Yes we got two songs in 96 but thats it. People move on, So move on already. WARF you post the same stuff over and over why? We already know you don't like sammy and you long for the days of the EUAS group. Hell Vinnie has already crossed over to the Hagar side over on the links. this is a good site but damm man some of you need to grow up

Sheep Pen Kiwi
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-26-2024 @ 02:58 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by diamondsam
    Ok, It's my first post here! But I been around here awhile and I been at the VH links. WHY IN THE WORLD ARE YOU SO BITTER? I don't understand the animosity towards Sammy Hagar. Yep I like the original Van Halen with DLR as well as anyone else on here but It has been almost 20 years since they were a band. Yes we got two songs in 96 but thats it. People move on, So move on already. WARF you post the same stuff over and over why? We already know you don't like sammy and you long for the days of the EUAS group. Hell Vinnie has already crossed over to the Hagar side over on the links. this is a good site but damm man some of you need to grow up
    Yawn.

It's 5150 time!
    Full On Cocktard
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-22-2005 @ 08:10 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Hear hear.

Welcome! Great post!

Groupie

Member No
    Last Online
    09-07-2010 @ 01:51 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Right on, dude!

Chicago Chapter
    Foot Soldier

Member No
    Last Online
    08-16-2007 @ 10:16 PM
    Status
    Thanks

hitchworld1969
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I ain't bitter.

I fucking hate Sammy Hagar. I don't give a shit if he's in Van Hagar or doing his solo act. I am well aware David Lee Roths days of Van Halen are twenty years behind him... but that doesn't give me a reason to convert to Van Hagar! I simply don't like the music. Period.

I agree it's stupid to attack Eddie Van Halen by starting threads... that he should kill himself... and topics of that nature... but there's nothing wrong with preachin' the word of DLR and promoting Classic Van Halen.

Vinny Velvet a Van Hagar fan? I don't believe it... and even if it was true... he never converted.... nobody listens to shit cheese ballads for twenty years... and then finally realizes it's QUALITY music!!

THE SHOWSTOPPA
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:56 PM
    Status
    Thanks

A response from yours truly.

VINNIE VELVET NEVER, and I mean NEVER crossed over to the Hagar side, godamnit!

That place (Links) became so Hagar-lover infested, I basically tried a slightly different approach. It was a game.

I acknowledged in a post that I liked Van Hagar at one point (1988 -1995), but at NO POINT did I ever consider it to be better than CLASSIC VAN HALEN! You see, I got cured from Sammy's work in brainwashing VH fans into thinking HIS version of that band was just as good (some of you still need to be cured) or that it was VH 'just moving forward' and all that bullshit..

1996 changed all that.

Like Dave said, Classic Van Halen is the whole book.

And that has never changed for me.

Oh and another thing....FUCK SAMMY AND VAN HAGAR!!

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    03-19-2024 @ 04:21 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Interesting approach VV. What exactly was the point of it again?

Roth Army Recruit
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

WARF-You say you hate Sammy Hagar, I understand the part if you don't like the music of Van Hagar but hate Sammy hagar? Why, May I ask? Is it that you think that If sammy wasn't sucessful with Van Halen that Roth would have come back? That would at least make sense, but just to hate someone becasue you don't like there music?

Vinnie- You were on the links at the time the reunion was announced saying you had given Van hagar another chance. Not in 96 this year man. If you were lying then may I ask why? If you weren't lying then maybe you have some explaining to do to your cronies here at the army? either way, your entire explanation makes me laugh and for the record I believe you don't like Van hagar which is your right. But be straight with people man. It is what real men do. I am not afraid to come in here and say my piece about Van Hagar. And I am not afraid to tell everyone I love Van Halen (roth) Becaause I do.
    And yes I will take my glazed donut to go

hitchworld1969
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

WARF-You say you hate Sammy Hagar, I understand the part if you don't like the music of Van Hagar but hate Sammy hagar? Why, May I ask? Is it that you think that If sammy wasn't sucessful with Van Halen that Roth would have come back? That would at least make sense, but just to hate someone becasue you don't like there music?

Hate may be too strong of a word.
    I find him despicable, as Sanny Hagar the person, for not only lying to his own fans... but for being a hypocrite of his word. Sammy Hagar if you remember was fired from Van Halen partly because of his reluctance to make a greatest hits album in 1996. According to several interviews and this is not an exact quote.... but he said this consistantly!

"I am against Greatest Hits records..."

Now let's not forget I already loathe him for ruining the band once known as, "The Mighty Van Halen." Sammy Hagar already had one strike against him... before he even got the first pitch.... secondly he publicly badmouths David Lee Roth.... the person who gave him his stepping stone... or an empire so to speak... and destroyed it!

Now let's talk about Fat Ass Sambo the singer and frontman... for VAN CHEEDAR!!!

Before we discuss the music... let's talk about his non existance stage presence!!! He's got about as much charisma as a doorknob... watching him alone... without even listening to his voice.... just from a visual aspect... he looks like Ronald Fucking McDonald impersonating a real bad late night infomercial... for shitty tequila and the fucking Clear Channel. I swear to god... I've seen less advertisements in a AUSTIN POWERS movie!!! The whole experience is like eating MEAT and POTATOES from your grandmothers house.... that leaves a bland taste in your mouth... and his sense of fashion is even worse...

Sammy Hagar should be lynched for wearing CAPRI PANTS onstage.... that alone is a atrocity to rock and roll!!!

Furthermore, the music... he diluted the band's once powerful rock n' roll image... with pure cheesy... Journey-esque music... that made Eddie Van Halen just as washed up... as the seaweed... that comes ashore from the beaches of Cabo Wabo!

Sammy Hagar is the most generic frontman that ever existed... it's like going to the doctors with a toothache and gettin' Naproxen for your pain... instead of percocets.

Except Van Halen is the percocets...

And Sammy Hagar is the fucking tylenol... I think we both know which is more effective!!!

Speaking of percocets... I need to fucking take about 3 or 4 of them before I could ever step foot into a Van Hagar concert!!!
    Last edited by WARF; 10-12-2004 at 02:59 AM.

THE SHOWSTOPPA
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:56 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Vinnie- You were on the links at the time the reunion was announced saying you had given Van hagar another chance. Not in 96 this year man. If you were lying then may I ask why? If you weren't lying then maybe you have some explaining to do to your cronies here at the army? either way, your entire explanation makes me laugh and for the record I believe you don't like Van hagar which is your right. But be straight with people man. It is what real men do. I am not afraid to come in here and say my piece about Van Hagar. And I am not afraid to tell everyone I love Van Halen (roth) Becaause I do.
    And yes I will take my glazed donut to go

Yes, I did say I'd give Van Hagar a chance. But I always said that Dave-VH and Sam-VH were totally two different bands. I wasn't lying.

Yes, there are still a few nuggets that I like with Van Hagar, but when I always go back and listen to original Van Halen, it just pains me to think what had become of such a great band. Its like when I listen to the song "5150", I'll dig it and it sounds cool. But then I'll pop in Fair Warning and BOOM!, Van Hagar sucks and Van Halen rulz once again.

Not sure if that explains it.

When the reunion was announced, I thought I could go 'back' into liking Van Hagar again, as I did during 1988-1996, but it just wasn;t the same. I'm so into the original Van Halen and what made it great that I'm just not into Van Hagar too much anymore.

And I will continue to preach the greatness of Classic Van Halen.

Goo (moderator at Links) said it best:

Something just happens when Dave, Ed, Al and Mike make music together. Its magic.

Yes, and that's what sets it apart from Van Hagar.

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-17-2024 @ 09:43 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Sammy Hagar is a lying piece of shit...how's the DiamondSam...

The guy never could give credit where credit is due...constantly lies about sales...

sings like Bette Midler...and for crying out loud...give me a break with him being a ROCK AND ROLLER...his music is POP...with a rock band behind him...

If you sing it pop...it doesn't sizzle...and that's that...

Hagar has been, and always will be a lying sack of crap...he talked and talked and talked about Roth waiting by the phone...

yeah...okay...guess who actually picked up...

that's right....Sam...

Hey...if you like VHlite...more power to you...hope it doesn't impede on your Celine Dion...your Air Supply...and of course...your Bette Rocker...Red Midler...oh...you know what I'm getting at...

There's good music...

There's great music...

and there's music that transcends time...

Classic VH did the latter...EVERY TIME...

I'm not even sure Hagar fits on the good or great half the time...

Classic VH is something you can listen to over and over...as the Fair Warning that was in my car for 8 months can attest to...

Hagar always makes you skip to another song...and shut it off before it finishes...

If you don't agree with that...that's fine...no problems...

there are a ton of people that HAVE ISSUES WITH REALITY...

or like riding the fence...

Roth Army Recruit
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I don't listen to Air supply or Celine Dion or even Bette Midler. The music I like is in order
    1) Van Halen-With Roth
    2) Van Hagar
    3) Sammy Hagar
    4) Diamond Dave
    5) Bad Company
    6) Free
    7) Led Zepplin
    8) Montrose
    9) Aerosmith
    10) Celine Dion(Just checking to see if anyone was reading)

I just wanted to understand the deep seated hatred that goes on here, personally I could give a shit as long as I get music I like. Tell everyone you want that you hate Hagar but listen to it with the shades closed because some of it is pretty good and better than 99% of the shit that is released today. I didn't want to get the entire damm Army pissed at me but I dn't consider myself any kind of sheep and will state my opinion to whoever is out there.If you don't like it fine but respect that I have my own opinion.

ROTHITE BARBARICUS ELITE
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    07-19-2016 @ 09:19 PM
    Status
    Thanks

There also was a reason there wasnt a montrose reunion..
    think about it.

Edward Van Heineken is a lame guitarist now, with just glimpses
    of yesteryear he cant figure out, cause the laziness set in or
    got used to the popcorn..

My opinion he didnt have Roth pushing him to the old level.

Its a shame, the biggest payday of any of their carreers they
    passed up in 96. Imagine the huge following that had here &
    links lighting it up in the forums when the stroke of 99 & 2000
    hell i couldnt even log in at times. yes that was all because of DLR
    people came in the forums in droves.

2 fools a minute in reality. lol

hitchworld1969
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

My philosophy has always been... why settle for Van Hagar, if you already have the best... the first six albums.

Everyone is entitled to a opinion, but you must respect my opinion first... before i'll respect yours.

It's nothing personal against you diamondsam... you just can't expect to come into DLR Country with that username... and attitude towards the band without recieving any backlash!

ROTHITE BARBARICUS ELITE
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

yo Warf. that avatar IS a keeper..very cool & hard to find
    pic. Some people never understand.

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I don't listen to Air supply or Celine Dion or even Bette Midler. The music I like is in order
    1) Van Halen-With Roth
    2) Van Hagar
    3) Sammy Hagar
    4) Diamond Dave
    5) Bad Company
    6) Free
    7) Led Zepplin
    8) Montrose
    9) Aerosmith

I just wanted to understand the deep seated hatred that goes on here, personally I could give a shit as long as I get music I like. Tell everyone you want that you hate Hagar but listen to it with the shades closed because some of it is pretty good and better than 99% of the shit that is released today. I didn't want to get the entire damm Army pissed at me but I dn't consider myself any kind of sheep and will state my opinion to whoever is out there.If you don't like it fine but respect that I have my own opinion.
    Have your opinion...noone said you couldn't...

but...if we UNDERSTAND your opinion...and think it's idiocy...that's okay...

BECAUSE IT'S OUR OPINION...

and sorry bro...perhaps the argument could have been made 10 years...15 years ago...that Van Hagar was better than most of the other rock shit...but that's long passed...

if you are going to sit here and tell me those pieces of shit songs that Van Hagar just put out rank anywhere but in a freakin' toilet...you are just plain wrong...I haven't heard them...but know enough that THEY HAVEN'T GOTTEN ANY AIRTIME ON ANY ROCK STATIONS HERE...period...that's not the end all of being any good for sure...but let's face facts...it's not a good sign for something with the name VAN HALEN ON IT...

Trust me newbie...there isn't anything being played behind the shades here...

like I said...have your opinion...ride your VH fence all you want...that's fine...and you are right...it's your opinion...

but you know what they say about opinions...

and personally...anyone that would rate Hagar or Bad Company ahead of Zeppelin in any sense...well...clarifies my point for what people say about opinions...

Montrose...mother of god man...talk about an inconsequential band that put out inconsequential music...

Your list include 2...maybe 3 bands that transcend...

If I had your 10...I may have Celine rated 4...christ...

I'll just say this, and be done with it...

Hagar took over the band and tried to pretend there wasn't a Van Halen before him...

he took a crack at Roth every chance he got...

he turned a rock band into a pop band (and you don't have to be a fucking brain to realize that's what VH was circa 1986)...

he lies about the sales of albums and tickets...

he lies about ticket sales...

and you just have to love the hypocrisy of Hagar constantly talking about Roth "waiting by the phone..."

"I like what I'm doing to much to ever go back to that band..."

Oooops...he did it again...

hypocrisy...

I guess you just have to appreciate turning a corvette...into a chevette...

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

And bro...I know you have 1...or all of those people I named...

I'm betting on Middler...for sure...you have "Beaches" written all over you...

YOU GIVE PEACE A CHANCE
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-10-2012 @ 06:38 PM
    a perception of reality-understanding your place in life will allow you to gain access into the next.
    Status
    Thanks

1) Van Halen-With Roth
    2) Van Hagar
    3) Sammy Hagar
    4) Diamond Dave
    5) Bad Company
    6) Free
    7) Led Zepplin
    8) Montrose
    9) Aerosmith

LOL That is one fucked up list. For whatever reason you have Van Hagar and Hagar above Dave, Zep and AeroSmith? Thats fuckin'uts, but hey, its your Kmart Cd Player. I know nothing goes into my Sony system except Van Halen, Revolver, Social Distortion, and more Van Halen. (I listen ocaasionaly to older classic 70's rock as well)

and opinions are just like what Pojo said....

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Jesus Christ...that really is some fucked up list...

how much you wanna bet BT that that fucker is listening to an REO Speedwagon coverband right now...

My 8 ball says...

"almost certain"

ROTHITE BARBARICUS ELITE
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by Big Troubles
    LOL That is one fucked up list. For whatever reason you have Van Hagar and Hagar above Dave, Zep and AeroSmith? Thats fuckin'uts, but hey, its your Kmart Cd Player. I know nothing goes into my Sony system except Van Halen, Revolver, Social Distortion, and more Van Halen. (I listen ocaasionaly to older classic 70's rock as well)

and opinions are just like what Pojo said....
    BT is that a naked bitch on a tread mill? LMAO!!
    shit i broke out the steve miller collection & joe walsh hits
    been into grand funk again lately too.
    nothing like real music man.

Hagar above Roth? never ever never!!!

Dude you gotta stop going to Mcdonalds.

ROTHITE BARBARICUS ELITE
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

How bout a little hang em high??????

put me in the mood now..lol

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Poor Ronald...

THE SHEEP PEN
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:11 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,047 Times in 487 Posts

1) Van Halen-With Roth
    2) Van Hagar
    3) Sammy Hagar
    4) Diamond Dave
    5) Bad Company
    6) Free
    7) Led Zepplin
    8) Montrose
    9) Aerosmith
    OK...considering you like some cool music like Free and Zeppelin, how in the hell could you like fucking Sammy Hagar? And more than fucking Diamond Dave? You're saying 10-13 or VOA are better albums than EAT 'EM AND SMILE or DLR BAND? BALANCE is better than ROCKS?

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Liking Hagar is one thing...and that's bad enough...but putting Hagar...and fucking bad company ahead of fucking Zepp in and of itself is a bannable affense...

utterly fucking ridiculous...

and that's not even addressing the Hagar over Roth deal...

I mean...How do you like Roth over Hagar in VH...but Hagar over Dave solo...

no fucking way...

YOU GIVE PEACE A CHANCE
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    a perception of reality-understanding your place in life will allow you to gain access into the next.
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
    Jesus Christ...that really is some fucked up list...

how much you wanna bet BT that that fucker is listening to an REO Speedwagon coverband right now...

My 8 ball says...

"almost certain"
    My 8 Ball says "lets get high".

REO Speedwagon is bad enough, but a cover of that band? Holy fuck, how low on the rock n roll list what one band must be?!

THE SHEEP PEN
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
    Liking Hagar is one thing...and that's bad enough...but putting Hagar...and fucking bad company ahead of fucking Zepp in and of itself is a bannable affense...

utterly fucking ridiculous...

and that's not even addressing the Hagar over Roth deal...

I mean...How do you like Roth over Hagar in VH...but Hagar over Dave solo...

no fucking way...
    I used to think this was an alias. But not a fucking chance.

This idiot is a sheep to the extreme (no pun intended). And I have to say, I don't really get BAD COMPANY. They had a few good songs, but basically they were radio rock...the first hints of bad arena rock that rose out of the late 70s. But even they were brilliant compared to Van Hagar or fucking Hagar solo.

It's amazing how your twenties roll on and a lot of CDs you own seem useless. I can't believe how much I used to like PUMP or GET A GRIP. Now I can realize why an unproduced garage album like NIGHT IN THE RUTS is actually much, much better.

YOU GIVE PEACE A CHANCE
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

A lot of 80's rock was over-produced that way. Ratt, Warrant, Poison, Crue, Aerosmith, Night Ranger....Blah.... I used to listen to all that shit. Now I hear a song and think, Wheres the fucking talent in that??

YOU GIVE PEACE A CHANCE
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Hagar will always fit that category too. Thats exactly what Van Halen turned into. An over-produced band. Garbage.

THE SHEEP PEN
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Hagar will always fit that category too. Thats exactly what Van Halen turned into. An over-produced band. Garbage.
    People always call 1984 poppy or "produced"...I totally disagree. The thing sounds pretty raw to me...like the fucking tape was just rolling sometimes for moments like the end jam on DROP DEAD LEGS. 5150 isn't really the next logical choice because it's just so sterile-sounding.

YOU GIVE PEACE A CHANCE
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

The only thing poppy about 1984 was the synthesizers. And to tell you the honest to gods truth, I like about 4 songs from 5150. "sheep-esque" no? I like Get Up, Summer Nights, 5150 and Good Enough. Too bad Sammy sang them though. I think the synths are what killed the raw sound of VH. Whent hey started playing them back on what, Fair Warning?, I was questioning it.

YOU GIVE PEACE A CHANCE
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I'll Wait and Jump are my least fav's from the Dave era and I think the synths are to blame.

Crazy Ass Mofo

Member No
    Last Online
    05-06-2023 @ 04:56 PM
    Status
    Thanks

I'll Wait is kick ass!!!

YOU GIVE PEACE A CHANCE
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

really? you like? I love Daves voice, but the synths are overwhelming I think.

THE SHEEP PEN
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

The only thing poppy about 1984 was the synthesizers. And to tell you the honest to gods truth, I like about 4 songs from 5150. "sheep-esque" no? I like Get Up, Summer Nights, 5150 and Good Enough. Too bad Sammy sang them though. I think the synths are what killed the raw sound of VH. Whent hey started playing them back on what, Fair Warning?, I was questioning it.
    I think musically GET UP, SUMMER NIGHTS and 5150 are good. But vocally I'm not too happy with them. I think Dave would have really kicked ass on them...but I can't get past the lyrics Sam wrote for them. I absolutely can't stand that "I'll meet you half the way" crap.

Funny, I didn't mind the synths on 1984. I guess it's because JUMP was the first VH song I ever heard...hey, when you're nine years old, it sounds fucking great! Out of the two synth ones on there, though, I'd have to go with I'LL WAIT.

Thread Information