X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bill Lumbergh
    ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2004

Oh, and let's not forget the hell spawn the FUCK tour unleashed............that's right, I'm talking about the very album Nick used to get his ex, Pedro into bed...........LIVE RIGHT HERE RIGHT NOW! Spam butchering Dave classics.........yes, the world at large could now hear all about Sam putting his(much used in back alley's) ass against the record machine!!!!!! Mike's bass solo's were now on display for the casual fan to enjoy and slit their wrists to. They even included the usual Sam solo material for the truly masochistic(Rikk that means you , you sick fuck!) Nothing like hearing Ed on auto pilot for 2 and a half(touched up) hours, huh?! The Japanese version of Balance wasnt even this much fun............By the way if anyone owns this here in the pen, please give me your address, so I can send you a picture of me flipping you off while getting a BJ from my wife and blasting a classic VH boot.........

Comment

• MAX
      Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jan 2004

Between finishing the OU812 tour and starting work on this album, Van Halen took a year off, during which time Edward became a father and helped Peavey design a signature amplifier, the 5150. If that suggested a lack of focus, the vigorous crunch of "Poundcake" and "Spanked" made it clear that Van Halen had lost none of their edge.

Credit some of that to producer Andy Johns, who gave the band's sound-particularly on "In 'n' Out"-a John Bonham-like drum-heavy wallop(no surprise, considering that Johns had produced Led Zeppelin). "He is the first engineer to really capture the sound of Van Halen's rhythm section," Edward said at the time. "The bottom line is, if Al is happy, then I am happy."

Given the sophmoric nature of the album title (Hey Beavis, look what the initials spell?"), a number of reviewers as more dumb muscle rock. But "Right Now" with it's Phillip Glass-Ian intro and socially conscious video, showed the band to be smarter than even its fans had imagined-a pleasant surprise, indeed. F.U.C.K. also earned the band its first and well deserved Grammy.
      EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

• Rikk
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jan 2004

What the fuck is that??????
        Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
        Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
          SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Bill Lumbergh
          Ed working hard to piss away his legacy.............Insiders say he came up with the majority of FUCK's music while pissing after a Summer "vacation" with Sam which included playing "Hide the snake"(Hide the worm in Hagars case) and plenty of Sega Genesis.
          Well, hard work isn't exactly the correct phrase Bill. But I suspect driving drunk on cruise control had a big part of it! The 5150, OU82 honeymoon was over, hell it was probably over halfway through the 5150 tour! These guys obviously started to have "creative differences." Ed was very creative, but was also a very lazy, troubled drunk that needs a non-sycophantic tell-it-like-it-is guy to give him a kick in the ass! While Sam was just a bore; an uncreative, untalented half-wit that ripped off old blues standards while really giving nothing back to Rock & Roll except cheesy cliches' and influencing NO ONE! He would have been less than forgettable had he not Spammed into the VH gig!

Comment

• bueno bob
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Jul 2004

Originally posted by MAX
            Between finishing the OU812 tour and starting work on this album, Van Halen took a year off, during which time Edward became a father and helped Peavey design a signature amplifier, the 5150. If that suggested a lack of focus, the vigorous crunch of "Poundcake" and "Spanked" made it clear that Van Halen had lost none of their edge.

Credit some of that to producer Andy Johns, who gave the band's sound-particularly on "In 'n' Out"-a John Bonham-like drum-heavy wallop(no surprise, considering that Johns had produced Led Zeppelin). "He is the first engineer to really capture the sound of Van Halen's rhythm section," Edward said at the time. "The bottom line is, if Al is happy, then I am happy."

Given the sophmoric nature of the album title (Hey Beavis, look what the initials spell?"), a number of reviewers as more dumb muscle rock. But "Right Now" with it's Phillip Glass-Ian intro and socially conscious video, showed the band to be smarter than even its fans had imagined-a pleasant surprise, indeed. F.U.C.K. also earned the band its first and well deserved Grammy.
            Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• Bill Lumbergh
              ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2004

Finally got my donor tag............now i can talk even more shit about Lou!

Comment

• bueno bob
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Jul 2004

I'll donate my penis.

Seriously, though, I should donate pretty soon...
                Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• MAX
                  Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Jan 2004

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!
                  EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

• Rikk
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Bill Lumbergh
                    Finally got my donor tag............now i can talk even more shit about Lou!
                    You've also had sex (as your latest delivery proves)...which gives you even more license to talk shit about Little Boy bLOOOOOOOOOO.:p
                    Roth Army Militia

Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• MAX
                      Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Jan 2004

Still, it was a sweet deal for the band, since it capitalized on the success of the "Right Now" single, which not only earned Van Halen an MTV Video Music Award for Best Video but also snagged them a lucrative Pepsi ad campaign for the soda company's exciting, revolutionary and highly anticipated new clear cola-"Crystal Pepsi."
                      EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

• Rikk
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Jan 2004

WHAT THE FLYING FUCK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT, MAX????????? ARE YOU QUOTING LOU'S OLD PLEASURE DOME POSTS???
                        Roth Army Militia

Comment

• Bill Lumbergh
                          ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2004

Originally posted by MAX

the soda company's exciting, revolutionary and highly anticipated new clear cola-"Crystal Pepsi."
                          That worked out well.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by MAX
                            But they apparently lost much of their quality control!

Comparing Al to John Bonham? Muhuhawhawhawhaw!

Even a blind dog finds a bone once in a while. Sammy blew his entire wad on those lyrics! Who else won a GRAMMY in the "grunge" era of 1991/1992? There were few other solid, actual Rock genre' albums. This album is the so uninspirational and boring as a whole!

Comment

• MAX
                              Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Jan 2004

FOR UNLAWFUL CARNAL KNOWLEDGE

*hiccup* "The record was done one song at a time. We'd completely finish one track before moving to the next one; that's why there are so many textures on the album. I think this is a much more powerful record than our previous ones, despite the fact that it was concieved over a long period of time." *hiccup*

- Edward Van Halen, 1991
                              EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

• MAX
                                Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Jan 2004

Eddie, what's the secret of keeping such a successful band together?

EVH: Family. It's how you get on with people. You're friends and you're buddies. We started out eating what I call "Musician Soup" - ketchup and water-and you don't forget stuff like that. That's why we're still together and will always stay together. And Sammy comes from that same kind of family. Sammy's a hardcore Italian, they like to have big family meals and they're very family oriented. That's where we're all at in this band.

EVH, 1991
                                EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

Working...