X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BIGBADZERO
    Banned
    • Apr 2004

Originally posted by LOS35
    Hold up, what happened to the mention of Stewart Copeland from the Police? His skills are tight!
    I totally agree.

Comment

• Golden AWe
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jan 2004

Who is KIETH Moon? Is he related to BRITTANY Spears?

Learn to spell your naive language you moron
      Originally posted by Cato
      Golden, why are you FAT?
      Originally posted by lesfunk
      Much like yourself as the Jim Morrison of Nazi bunker flies
      http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...TheDMCross.jpg

Comment

• Panamark
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jan 2004

Hot for Teacher fookin Rocked.

But Al is a prick. So :

Bonham
        Moon
        Peart
        Tommy Lee
        Ringo Starr !! (LoL)
        BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
        Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• Panamark
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Jan 2004

Actually Lars Ulrich probably should be in the mix too..
          BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
          Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• Wayne L.

I know Alex is one of the greatest rock drummers of all time even though he's highly underrated just like Ringo Starr. The greatest rock drummers of all time whether that be number one or number two are the late, great Keith Moon & John Bohnam.

Comment

• Foozwah
              Roadie
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Wayne L.
              I know Alex is one of the greatest rock drummers of all time even though he's highly underrated just like Ringo Starr.
              There really is no end to your public displays of stupidity, is there Wayne? Unless...every post you make is coming from a place of deep and twisted irony...? (Come clean dude, it's all been a facade, right? No-one could really be that stupid. Oh, except rockvanhalen66, of course.)

Oh, and for the hell of it, my 5 drummer votes are (in no particular order):

Nick Mason (For the Floyd's earlier days)
              Chad Smith (As a pretty straight-up rock drummer, his playing has given me far more pleasure than AVH could ever manage)
              Tim "Herb" Alexander (Almost any track he's done with Primus shits all over AVH's playing from a great fucking height.)
              Rob Hirst (For powerful and creative work with Midnight Oil.)

and just to have one "classic" in there:

John Bonham (For all the usual reasons.)

That's all just my personal opinion, of course. Your mileage may vary.

Comment

• a.j
                Full On Cocktard
                • Jul 2004

Originally posted by RogueHorseman
                Please... and I love Alex's work.

But for the rock genre, Bonham and Peart are 1 and 2 and everybody else falls in line after that in no particular order, period.
                seen bonham and peart, alex van halen has them both beat
                beleve that!!!!

Comment

• Satan
                  ROTH ARMY ELITE
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by a.j
                  seen bonham and peart, alex van halen has them both beat
                  beleve that!!!!
                  Now I KNOW you're on crack. And there's no way in God's green earth or my flaming red Hell that you are old enough to have seen John Bonham play live.
                  Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Originally posted by Sockfucker
                  I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.

Comment

• Wayne L.

I think I'm one of the smartest & one of the coolest guys around at the DLR Army who knows what he's talking about most of time unlike yourself Foozwah.

Comment

• Carmine
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Apr 2004

Dave Lombardo( Slayer) is IMO... The most talented drummer alive!!!!!

F'n guy is AMAZING!

Comment

• Warham
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Mar 2004

Re: Re: Re: Alex Van Halen The God Of Thunder

Originally posted by BIGBADZERO
                        You're right. It's Keith Moon.
                        This is the most intelligent post you've ever made here. I actually agree with you.

Comment

• Foozwah
                          Roadie
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Wayne L.
                          I think I'm one of the smartest & one of the coolest guys around at the DLR Army who knows what he's talking about most of time unlike yourself Foozwah.
                          Well you just keep telling yourself that, and maybe one day, if you really believe enough, it'll actually come true.

Of course, you might have to, you know, not write quite so many posts that make yourself seem like such an ill-informed, gushing, 11-year old fanboy first.

"I'm cool! No, really I am!" Heheheh!

Comment

• pete
                            Crazy Ass Mofo
                            • Jan 2004

The only reason alex's drums worked so key within VH is because EVH is a riffer. you never heard much rhythm guitar. it worked in VH context. him and Michael Anthony created a backdrop for EVH's showcase. but as a drummer..... he's aggressive. but not overly skilled.

and I wouldn't want a neil peart playing on it. drums are secondary in VH. neil peart and EVH would become fusion. I like rock.

U2 used the same concept believe it or not. The edge is not a strummer. A simplistic low end, accented by percussion. creates a rhthmic backdrop to the guitar.

Manu Katche' (peter gabriel) that's a drummer. Steve Gadd is a monster. (check out "50 ways to leave your lover" ignore everything else-listen to the drums and polyrhythmics) AVH doesn't have the finesse, imagination, or attention span of these guys.

Comment

• Matt White
                              • Jun 2004

Shemp Van Halen...The STOOGE of BLUNDER!!!!

Shemp isn't even in THE SAME GAME as guys like John Bonham, Ginger Baker, Keith Moon,....hell, not even Dave Grohl,Charlie Watts, and the GREAT PHIL RUDD!!!

Comment

• Ozzy Fudd
                                Veteran
                                • Jan 2004

I gotta go with TheTruthBaby I've playing drums since i was 8 years (cardboard boxes pots and pans) until i got my first drum it was a little blue flake snare my father brought home from work for my 11 birthday
                                i played that sob every day along with a box or two. i played to Frankie Ifield records, Buddy Rich ( Master Drummer) and one of my top 5 when i turned 16 my dad brought me to a local night club and told the owner (his friend) to let me sit in and play a song or two with his band so sure enough my first stage fright sat in. i played red river valley then i asked if i could play wipe out, they all looked at each other and nodded and said do it kid after the song was done his bar went wild even his drummer said kid stick with playing the skins man you'll go far.And even set me up with a place that when i told the store owner that Jimmy Tutt sent me to by a drum set i got my first set of ludwigs 5 peice Champaine Sparkle for 160 dollars new (man i wish i still had those) i wound up being a part of and a fill in for those guys(The Bobsmen) for 15 years untill i got involved with my own bands.
                                anyway my 5 are

Buddy Rich

Keith Moon

John Bonham

Neil Peart

Tommy Lee ( Flash Drummer only )

In that order too
                                Last edited by Ozzy Fudd; 08-11-2004, 10:29 PM.
                                Roth Army MP
                                Originally posted by Panamark
                                Is there such a thing as a trailer park virgin?
                                or is that just a chick that can run faster than her father and brothers ??
                                Originally posted by BITEYOASS
                                She looks like someone I wake up to after a night of drinking. Or someone I'd bang so a buddy of mine can get her hotter friend.
                                Originally posted by JAY HALE
                                so how's about you stop lying, log off and go practice.

Comment

Working...