Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Hear About It Later": Crystal Ball?

King Knowitall
    Roadie
    Member No
    Last Online
    08-11-2004 @ 04:01 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Rikk,you are psycho...now I see a second question: What do you expect to happen you little cunt? I didn't expect you to lose it, honestly, like you did. I did acknowledge your points. And I responded. Second new question, but not posed as one, Why try to convince folks on a pro Dave site that VH is great and Dave is a fuckhead? Now it's a question, and why? The old 2 sides to every story, not just Dave's. We'll be on equal footing once I start acknowledging your posts? Only if I agree that you aren't all of a sudden irrational about hearing something negative about roth and you start calling me a liar and just losing it. Yes, then you'll be at my level. Keep me around for a week? A Threat? Fuck off, geek.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

your mom
    Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    08-24-2004 @ 09:25 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by knowitall
    Rothkillssam, that was the closest thing to honesty I've gotten as an answer to my question. Kinda backs up the whole "control freak" and "asshole" arguments about Roth, doesn't it. ALinPain, check it, fucknuts, and bar me from the site. I'll keep going until you do, but you'll know that I only started posting here yesterday, and knowitall is an original.
    UNfortunately, it does not nearly back up your dumbass "control freak", etc rants/accusations. Every successful entity/corporation/band/team has a leader. Every succssful band in particular has their Steven Tyler/Nikki Sixx/Jimmy Page/whoever that has the final say. The remaining members don't want that, and most people don't, either. Nobody wants to go to work and have a 'boss". The reality is that in any group, there are those more qualified to lead than others. The remaining VH members fall in the "others" category. They are resentful and angry that Dave ran the show for so long. Boo hoo, look where it got them: the biggest band on the planet when Dave left. Vai, Sheehan, etc were playing to thousands of people and living the rock star lifestyle because Dave HIRED them. You know who's name was on the marquee? You know who Warner Bros gave the big, fat contract to? Well here's a hint: it WASN'T Sheehan, Vai, etc... It was DAVE's gig. They made it on HIS sweat and they will do things his way in HIS band. Oh, yeah, that must be terrible. You are a whiny bitch like Eddie

Y'know Eddie, right? The bitch in the photo who looks like an old Mother Teresa
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

King Knowitall
    Roadie
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

AlinPain, I'm here by myself, you morons are a fucking collective! Like a goofy Borg from Star Trek.

King Knowitall
    Roadie
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Rothkillssam, maybe that was the problem -- there were 2 leaders in the band. One hasn't been there in 20 years, and one has carried on. Dis him all you want, EVH is probably the most influential guitar player around and had continued success after Roth left, right? Whether you like it or not. Too many cooks, and make no mistake, Ed calls the shots, right or wrong.

Dave's Towing
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-11-2008 @ 02:07 PM
    Status
    Thanks

AlinPain, I'm here by myself, you morons are a fucking collective! Like a goofy Borg from Star Trek.
    You are by yourself here.

That's what makes you pathetic.

A Dave hatin' sheep posting like a crazy man at a Roth site.

King Knowitall
    Roadie
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

And Rothkillssam, I was quoting one of psycho Rikk's posts when I said "control freak". You guys and twisting semantics and sub contexts. Stick to the facts.

King Knowitall
    Roadie
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

ALinPain, your avatar is Alice in Chains shit, and you moderate a DLR site...... you alone here too?

your mom
    Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Rothkillssam, maybe that was the problem -- there were 2 leaders in the band. One hasn't been there in 20 years, and one has carried on. Dis him all you want, EVH is probably the most influential guitar player around and had continued success after Roth left, right? Whether you like it or not. Too many cooks, and make no mistake, Ed calls the shots, right or wrong.
    Ed played like a friggin hack this entire time without Dave. Say all you want about all the records sales with Sammy, but the songs are just humorous without Dave. All of Ed's genius lead him to run the band into a rock industry joke without Dave. Roth had this band so friggin big when he left, that they ran on his fumes for years. Now that they need to come up with quality stuff, they can't cut it. Forget the 3 new songs - they haven't written a good song for several albums... Ed is not in any capacity a leader of men. Everyone that left Ed from producers, techies, engineers, etc all say what a DICK your hero Ed is. Be damn sure you know what you are talking about and accusing Dave about before you drop your bitchy ass on this site. Ed's train wreck life is parallel to the train wreck band/tour/legacy the great leader let VH become.

Your mom is gonna have the ass reaming of her life when I get home from work

Dave's Towing
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-11-2008 @ 02:07 PM
    Status
    Thanks

ALinPain, your avatar is Alice in Chains shit, and you moderate a DLR site...... you alone here too?
    What do you think?

Use your head man.

Alice In Chains ... shit?

I had you pegged as someone who didn't like rock music.

King Knowitall
    Roadie
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Rothkillssam, train wreck or not, it's not Dave's, and never will be. Hot Dog and a Shake was quality, that whole album? And that's just one....
    ALinPain, I'm arguing for 2 days about VH with fanatics, and I don't like Rock music?? I used to worship VH and Roth a LOOOONG time ago. However, they are an anachronism now, and I preferred Aerosmith*!!! Funny enough, I don't like any of their* stuff past '79.... the only reason I came here was because the picture I located on Google of Dave as an EMT led me to this site......you are checking my IP and can confirm this, no? As for AIC, I preferred Soundgarden and Mother Love Bone, I lived in Vancouver at the time of Grunge.

your mom
    Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Rothkillssam, train wreck or not, it's not Dave's, and never will be. Hot Dog and a Shake was quality, that whole album? And that's just one....
    Hot Dog and a Shake has a Vai guitar solo that single handedly kicks everything Ed has done since 1984... since you bring it up...

you know Vai, right? The guy DAVE turned from unknown to rock star?

You are still a tool, a dumbass, and you are not welcome here... oh, yeah, but you are just here being bored, right?

I will be sharing your mom with everyone from the bar tonight

King Knowitall
    Roadie
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Wow rothkillssam, you sure do give new meaning to lowbrow there, sonny. And Steve Vai was a commodity before Dave picked him up. Dave, at best, would have been no better than Ozzy, with a revolving line up of musicians living off his name, but unfortunately, unlike Ozzy, (how embarrassing is THIS?) he neither had the interest/fan base to maintain that kind of popularity. I'm sure Jake E Lee and Rudi Sarzo and all those other guys from Ozzy's band back in the day would kill to be with him again, too. But, Ozzy makes money, so it's understandable. Dave doesn't so it's not. Please don't say nasty things about my mom, please mighty rothkillssam......you can't know her, she always thought Roth was an ass.

∞ SHEEP PEN GYPSY
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-25-2024 @ 06:27 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,031 Times in 685 Posts

I vividly remember DAVE be VERY gracious towards his former band mates before the releae of EEAS. 5150 came out first, but DAVE was in the Press with his new band BEFORE Van Hagar started promoting 5150. FACT. If I gotta go dig around in the ATTIC for old SPIN, RS,and various GUITAR mags, I will. The sisters and Spammy came out afterwards and dogged DAVE in the press. The reason that they were able to put THEIR organization back together was they went with HAGARS management. The ENTIRE VAN HALEN ORGANIZATION left with DAVE! FACT.
    Ed and AL were too busy lying around drunk, just like for the recording of '84, when DAVE did the EP. Ed had recorded with NL, MJ, and Brian May. BUT, it was a HUGE deal when DAVE did ANYTHING outside the band. He WANTED the BAND to do the movie, but it was to much BOTHER for the drunken Bros!
    Funny, Ted Templeman got the boot for being to PRO-DAVE!
    Don LANDEE, Ed's "best friend" (Beware Matt Bruck!)got the boot after ou812, and of course SLAGGED by ED!
    Andy Johns, who worked on STAIRWAY TO HEAVEN is ragged by the bros after F.U.C.K.
    A pattern formimg here?
    Ed was/is a drunken mess, not in touch with those around him or whats going on in HIS music business. DAVE saw A LOOONG TIME AGO the direction they were headin' in.
    Hell, Val finally gave up on him! What the FUCK can 'ya say out that!

∞ SHEEP PEN GYPSY
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

[QUOTE]Originally posted by knowitall
    [ Yesterday, I mentioned a friend had interviewed VH and played the unedited tape for us many times. How cool is that, in '86 to have a friend with a first-person taped interview with Eddie??? Anyway, Edward said that Dave went to the rehearsal space with a lawyer, informed VH that they were fired, and he was seeking an injunction to prevent them from using the name Van Halen if they decided to carry on. Eddie speculated that Roth intended to tour with a new band as Van Halen.... my friend asked why did Ed think Dave did it? Ed said something along the lines that Dave was so enamored of the success that his 4 song EP and accompanying videos had, that he felt he didn't need VH anymore, and Ed actually sang " I'm just a big Ego, and everywhere I go..." He sounded angry, and hurt, and referred to Roth as that Motherfucker, only. Why isn't Dave in the band to this day?? Some wounds never heal.

PRODUCE THAT TAPE.
    LETS HEAR IT.

To All you "Wannabes'" FU
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:53 PM
    Status
    Thanks

This knowitall is full of shit and trust me he "knows it". Another tree hugging freak who used to live in Vancouver. What happened can't afford to live there anymore? Welfare doesn't buy you much now does it?
    Originally posted by Matt White
    I vividly remember DAVE be VERY gracious towards his former band mates before the releae of EEAS. 5150 came out first, but DAVE was in the Press with his new band BEFORE Van Hagar started promoting 5150. FACT. If I gotta go dig around in the ATTIC for old SPIN, RS,and various GUITAR mags, I will. The sisters and Spammy came out afterwards and dogged DAVE in the press. The reason that they were able to put THEIR organization back together was they went with HAGARS management. The ENTIRE VAN HALEN ORGANIZATION left with DAVE! FACT.
    Ed and AL were too busy lying around drunk, just like for the recording of '84, when DAVE did the EP. Ed had recorded with NL, MJ, and Brian May. BUT, it was a HUGE deal when DAVE did ANYTHING outside the band. He WANTED the BAND to do the movie, but it was to much BOTHER for the drunken Bros!
    Funny, Ted Templeman got the boot for being to PRO-DAVE!
    Don LANDEE, Ed's "best friend" (Beware Matt Bruck!)got the boot after ou812, and of course SLAGGED by ED!
    Andy Johns, who worked on STAIRWAY TO HEAVEN is ragged by the bros after F.U.C.K.
    A pattern formimg here?
    Ed was/is a drunken mess, not in touch with those around him or whats going on in HIS music business. DAVE saw A LOOONG TIME AGO the direction they were headin' in.
    Hell, Val finally gave up on him! What the FUCK can 'ya say out that!
    Give this guy a vote. Because he KNOWS what he's talkin about......Kudos Matt.

∞ SHEEP PEN GYPSY
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Thanks Bro! Right back at ya!!!!

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-03-2020 @ 02:47 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Why ain't he in the fucking band?

That was the question right?

Well, I think you mentioned that Dave is an asshole. You're right.
    He's the asshole that wrote the lyrics to the songs, and lyrics dictate
    arrangements. I'm sure he came off as an asshole to Ed on more
    than one occasion questioning Ed's arrangements.

He's also the asshole that without question was the FOCAL FUCKING
    POINT of classic VH. Ed is regarded throughout the music industry as
    a control freak of the highest caliber. Trying to control the FOCAL
    FUCKING POINT of your band was an excersize in futility for Ed and he
    knew it.

Exit Dave, enter sam:

You can imagine the happy place that Ed found with sam. No more
    opinions, no more FOCAL FUCKING POINT, no more challenges.

That's why Dave isn't in the band.

THE SHEEP PEN
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:30 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,044 Times in 486 Posts

Originally posted by rustoffa
    Why ain't he in the fucking band?

That was the question right?

Well, I think you mentioned that Dave is an asshole. You're right.
    He's the asshole that wrote the lyrics to the songs, and lyrics dictate
    arrangements. I'm sure he came off as an asshole to Ed on more
    than one occasion questioning Ed's arrangements.

He's also the asshole that without question was the FOCAL FUCKING
    POINT of classic VH. Ed is regarded throughout the music industry as
    a control freak of the highest caliber. Trying to control the FOCAL
    FUCKING POINT of your band was an excersize in futility for Ed and he
    knew it.

Exit Dave, enter sam:

You can imagine the happy place that Ed found with sam. No more
    opinions, no more FOCAL FUCKING POINT, no more challenges.

That's why Dave isn't in the band.
    Yup. Sam pretty much played ball with whatever Ed wrote. Dave used to throw entire pieces of music out because he thought they weren't right for the band. This caused some major friction.

Furthermore, Sammy wasn't just timid. In fact, he wasn't at all. Sam's problem is he has no vision. He has no conception of what made the original band great. So, he was happy to just sing shit over whatever music Ed wrote. And he wouldn't work very hard to fix anything because (as the brothers pointed out many times, as well as teh engineer on BALANCE in an interview in one of the last Inside magazines) he had shitty work ethics. He didn't like working much. He would come in and throw on some vocals. There was no striving for perfection with that cheesehead. That's why he was cool with whatever shitty pieces Ed had for this new BEST OF. Frankly, Sam can't take all the blame for these songs because Ed wrote the music. And that music sucks. It would still suck with Dave singing on it.

van halen army
    Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    06-17-2005 @ 12:39 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by Rikk
    Why are you here, you fucking sheep? Listen to yourself. Did you have fun ignoring half of my post?

You're a fucking liar. And again you're really distorting the truth. You must really hate Dave.

Well...fuck you.
    poor little dick rikk will suck you prick . having a bad day homo goat.......... no one likes you fuck face ... we we ..

is fuckin' yer girlfriend
    Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-09-2019 @ 07:00 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Eat 'Em & Smile was the last great Van Halen album released.

Crazy Ass Mofo

Member No
    Last Online
    05-06-2023 @ 04:56 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Roth's autobiography, hmmm.... I don't suppose there's any self aggrandizing at work there, huh? I read it, can't remember if I finished it.....
    You haven't even touched it. Or you wouldn't have said that.

Crazy Ass Mofo

Member No
    Last Online
    05-06-2023 @ 04:56 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Pathetic Rikk, Dave IS an asshole, like you. Like the truth hurts about Dave, it must hurt about you. Answer the fucking question then genius, why isn't he in this fucking band??? To this day????? Agenda....fuck you do take this stuff seriously don't you???
    I can answer that ? blowitall.

He was the choice. They couldn't come to agreeable terms. Eddie Van Heineken himself, in an interview for some golf (how rock n roll) magazine state, "lawyers got in the way"

that said

You are a parasite in a maggot's asshole

THE SHEEP PEN
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:30 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,044 Times in 486 Posts

Originally posted by pete
    I can answer that ? blowitall.

He was the choice. They couldn't come to agreeable terms. Eddie Van Heineken himself, in an interview for some golf (how rock n roll) magazine state, "lawyers got in the way"

that said

You are a parasite in a maggot's asshole
    LOL!!!! Parasite in a maggot's asshole!!!!!!!

Thread Information