Thread: Which do you hate more, Sammy Hagar only, or Van Hagar

The Voice of Reason
    Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Which do you hate more, Sammy Hagar only, or Van Hagar

I was just curious if most of the hatred was because of the way he took over VH, or just because you hate him?

Irresistible BITCH
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Dave or the grave

Spammy was alright in his alternate universe, but when he attempted to step into some very big shoes (Davy Baby's), he crossed the line!
    "He doesn't need to sell millions of records, he doesn't need to fill arenas, he doesn't need to be popular, he doesn't need your money, AND HE DOESN'T NEED YOU!"
    Blackflag on DLR

guwapo_rocker

Re: Which do you hate more, Sammy Hagar only, or Van Hagar

Originally posted by Tom Foolery
    I was just curious if most of the hatred was because of the way he took over VH, or just because you hate him?
    Fuck You!

The Voice of Reason
    Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Switch84
    Spammy was alright in his alternate universe, but when he attempted to step into some very big shoes (Davy Baby's), he crossed the line!
    So anyone who took over band, you would be disstsified.

What if it was gene simmons?

guwapo_rocker

Fuck you and Gene Simmons!

Classic
    Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Van Hagar!!! They suck!!!

Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    As I have said many times before. Sammy and Van Halen sound shitty together. I don't know why. I suspect that it's the lack of input from David Lee Roth, or perhaps it's the input they're getting from Hagar. Regardless, I don't like the idea of Van Halen with anyone other than David Lee Roth. Maybe....and this is a big maybe...if Van Halen would have gone with someone unknown that had a style that fit the band they were, there might have been a Van Halen after DLR that I would have listened too. Van Halen didn't need someone else's history and musical style merged with them. There's no room for it.

Bottom Line, I consider Van Halen the first and most fitting (if not the best) of David Lee Roth's bands. Dave is awesome, Van Halen turned out to just be his backup band. And any success that Van Hagar has was people that followed the name because they were too ignorant to follow the power (David Lee Roth).

lms2
    I diasagree (big surprise). I hate Spammy cause he is not David Lee Roth. But the majority of Van Hagar fans are not following them because of David Lee Roth...that would have worked for one album...maybe two. But those that are strictly David Lee Roth Fans quit buying their shit and followed Dave. Van Hagar simpley appealed to a different audience. Marketing strategy. The metal heads of the late 70's early 80s were becoming adults with mortgages, car payments, kids to feed...

Some bands you love, some you like, some you listen too, some you've never heard of, some you have heard of but dont particularly care to listen too... but to hate one particular band...as much as Van Hagar is hated here. Well thats personal. (personal meaning person.)

As for the rest of the back stabbing etc...that has happened since. Again. Thats personal and has nothing to do with the music.

The Voice of Reason
    Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by TwoFoolsAMinute
    As I have said many times before. Sammy and Van Halen sound shitty together. I don't know why. I suspect that it's the lack of input from David Lee Roth, or perhaps it's the input they're getting from Hagar. Regardless, I don't like the idea of Van Halen with anyone other than David Lee Roth. Maybe....and this is a big maybe...if Van Halen would have gone with someone unknown that had a style that fit the band they were, there might have been a Van Halen after DLR that I would have listened too. Van Halen didn't need someone else's history and musical style merged with them. There's no room for it.

Bottom Line, I consider Van Halen the first and most fitting (if not the best) of David Lee Roth's bands. Dave is awesome, Van Halen turned out to just be his backup band. And any success that Van Hagar has was people that followed the name because they were too ignorant to follow the power (David Lee Roth).

Great post!

Who rules? I DO.
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I don't think it's Hagar's fault, per se... It's Ed's fault for ALLOWING Ronald McHagar in the band, and to start running the show... Sam got offered BIG bucks to be in VH, and he needed the $$, so, of course, he'd say yes... Shit, I'd say yes too, the only difference is that I'd whip those lazy pieces of shit into SHAPE, and put on one HELL of a show, performing ONLY CVH material, GODDAMN IT!!!!
    If you listen to fools
    The Mob Rules

The Todd Show
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I had no problem with Sammy Hagar as a solo artist, with HSAS or fronting Montrose (which was a pretty good band).

The day that fucker joined VH I disliked him. When he held up that "David Lee Who" banner/shirt/whatever on Live Without A Hair Net I hated the mother fucker.

Mezro...Sam Hagar: please step away from VH with your hands up...
    Got me a date with a shaved Asian. I know, I know; I think it's fucked!

Lou
    I agree with you up to there. But VH was not a "backup band" for Dave. I love Dave but Ed and Dave need each other to make good music.

Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Lou
    I agree with you up to there. But VH was not a "backup band" for Dave. I love Dave but Ed and Dave need each other to make good music.
    The point is, Ed is better with Dave. Just like Vai was better with dave and Lowry was better with dave. I take it you don't think Roth solo is good music, but I do. I think Ed's projects that did not include Dave are SHIT! Dave may need Ed to sell records, but he doesn't need him to make great music. Van Halen NEEDS Dave! And VH wa more compatible with Dave than any of his other backup bands.

The Voice of Reason
    Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    So is there any front man who you would have been ok with taken over the helm of VH?

YOU GIVE PEACE A CHANCE
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    a perception of reality-understanding your place in life will allow you to gain access into the next.
    Status
    Dee Snyder. George Thorogood. Billy Ocean. Weird Al Yankmydick.
    "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

Sheep Pen Kiwi
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    No,Van Hagar suck big time.
    First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    As I said before...

Maybe....and this is a big maybe...if Van Halen would have gone with someone unknown that had a style that fit the band they were, there might have been a Van Halen after DLR that I would have listened too. Van Halen didn't need someone else's history and musical style merged with them. There's no room for it.

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    First of all Sammy became the lead singer - he didn't take anything over. These guys got/get along too well and make h/sappy music. (end of slashes) Sammy's early solo stuff is better than the Van Hagar stuff Daves era is better than both not even a competition. Dave and VanHalen had a love/hate relationship that was part of the creative process. You don't think Eddie took out some of his frustration of Dave out in his music? I dislike VanHagar simply because the music doesn't live up to the Van Halen name.
    Last edited by squib; 08-08-2004 at 10:21 PM.

Lou
    The point is, Ed is better with Dave. Just like Vai was better with dave and Lowry was better with dave. I take it you don't think Roth solo is good music, but I do. I think Ed's projects that did not include Dave are SHIT! Dave may need Ed to sell records, but he doesn't need him to make great music. Van Halen NEEDS Dave! And VH wa more compatible with Dave than any of his other backup bands.
    Well that's pretty unfair to just jump to that conclusion. Roth solo is good music, but nothing more. It's good, enjoyable, nice to listen to. Van HALEN is excellent music. While I'd certainly rather listen to DLR solo than Van Hagar, both of them are better with each other.

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Van Hagar, to these ears, was just poor all the way around. The music on just an instrumental level was unchallenging, uninspiring and average in every way. Hagar's vocals and lyrics, which were never anything exceptional even before he joined up with Eddie, were just insult to injury.

Van Hagar took the cowards way out and kept the name Van Halen, in essence saying Eddie was the focal point and Roth leaving made no difference.

But even Ed and Sam's best efforts to turn Halen into a pussified pop-rock lite band never negated the incredible music Van Halen made when Dave was in the band. Not necessarily saying Roth was Van Halen or he alone made them great.

Think hate is the wrong word. Mild amusement at both Hagar's persistent claims that he was a better fit for Van Halen than Roth/better singer/sold more records and EVH/AVH's lies would be more telling.

The fear of Roth and the classic legacy that all the members of Van Hagar have is as transparent as a bar of used Neutrogena.

Can't say Van Hagar's instrumental output would have sounded better with someone else singing over it. Some have gone so far as to say, "If Roth had been singing over those Van Hagar tracks, it would have been better." Don't think so. 1984 saw Halen getting soft. In retrospect, Roth left at the right time.

Besides, why bother hating Sammy? Roth left the band. Hagar was the attempt at a replacement after the fact.
    Scramby eggs and bacon.

Rotharmy Gladiator

DG's Slave
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I like this Tom guy. He's a Broncos fan so I'm going to show him the ropes and make him a good member here. I've almost convinced him to throw away his 5150 CD.
    EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

The Voice of Reason
    Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by MAX
    I like this Tom guy. He's a Broncos fan so I'm going to show him the ropes and make him a good member here. I've almost convinced him to throw away his 5150 CD.
    I dunno, i dont think anyone could convince me to do that, but you might convince me to buy eat em and smile!

The Voice of Reason
    Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    by the way, thanks to everyone for posting, before it seemed to me that everyone was blasting Sammy without reason simply because he took over VH. Its good to know there is reason behind all the "FUCK YOUS"

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    by the way, thanks to everyone for posting, before it seemed to me that everyone was blasting Sammy without reason simply because he took over VH. Its good to know there is reason behind all the "FUCK YOUS"
    The "FUCK YOUS" around here are plentiful.
    Some of 'em are like a feather duster and others are like a
    battle mace.

If you're gonna use a "FUCK YOU", even without reason, just make
    it good.

Bad: Fuck you rockvanhalen66

Better: Fuck you rockvanhalen66 you piece of shit motherfucker.

Good: FUCK YOU ROCKVANHALEN66. HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE THE SON OF A THOUSAND FATHERS? YA KNOW, MOM TELLING YOU TO GO PLAY AT THE MINIT MARKET WHILE HER FRIEND COMES OVER? THE FOOD STAMPS DIDN'T QUITE CUT THE MUSTARD DID THEY? FUCK YOU,THERE WASN'T EVEN MUSTARD....YOUR MOM FED YOU DOG PETER DRIPPINGS ON WELFARE TURKEY FRANKS MOTHERFUCKER. YOU FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT. THE LONG-TERM EFFECTS OF POOR NUTRITION AND A WHORISH UPBRINGING HAVE PRODUCED THE MORAL EQUIVALENT OF A GODDAMNED BLIND SHREW. GO FUCKING DIE MOTHERFUCKER.

It's just a simple guide...there are no rules here.

The Voice of Reason
    Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by rustoffa
    The "FUCK YOUS" around here are plentiful.
    Some of 'em are like a feather duster and others are like a
    battle mace.

If you're gonna use a "FUCK YOU", even without reason, just make
    it good.

Bad: Fuck you rockvanhalen66

Better: Fuck you rockvanhalen66 you piece of shit motherfucker.

Good: FUCK YOU ROCKVANHALEN66. HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE THE SON OF A THOUSAND FATHERS? YA KNOW, MOM TELLING YOU TO GO PLAY AT THE MINIT MARKET WHILE HER FRIEND COMES OVER? THE FOOD STAMPS DIDN'T QUITE CUT THE MUSTARD DID THEY? FUCK YOU,THERE WASN'T EVEN MUSTARD....YOUR MOM FED YOU DOG PETER DRIPPINGS ON WELFARE TURKEY FRANKS MOTHERFUCKER. YOU FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT. THE LONG-TERM EFFECTS OF POOR NUTRITION AND A WHORISH UPBRINGING HAVE PRODUCED THE MORAL EQUIVALENT OF A GODDAMNED BLIND SHREW. GO FUCKING DIE MOTHERFUCKER.

It's just a simple guide...there are no rules here.

Damn thats good!

lms2
    he gets lots of practice!

JCOOK
    I have hated roy since his" Standing Hampton" days. roy has always reminded me of Mike Reno and Kevin Cronin having a kid

GOT ROTH?
    Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    damn this is so fucking hard , but to be honest i gate both
    "life can be good with the right people"- andi deris

Woman Of Dark Desires
    http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w...9b5fac7ede.jpg

7 Time MVP
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by guwapo_rocker
    Fuck You!
    That about sums it up!

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Too easy.. I dont care about Sammy Solo at all. It doesnt exist
    in my country. I just cant stand him in Van Halen. DLR was *the*
    Rockstar. Sammy was the ?????? What the hell is he again ??
    BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
    Love ya Mary Frances!

7 Time MVP
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    ARound here, they play absolutely NO Van Hagar! They do play a few Sammy solo tunes though........wonder how many people drive right off the road due to this. Oh, to be an Australian so I wouldnt have to even hear 1 second of that drivel!

Gulf Coaster
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I don't hate Spammy Hagar....I fucking LOATH that Happy Herman Motherfucking Asswipe, with his twelve Big Mac eatin cock hole he calls a mouth.

The interview VH gave just prior to the 5150 Tour sent me fuming through the house, cussing up a storm.
    The the Anti-Roth barbs he was throwing when he should have been Thanking Dave for bailing and leaving him a huge mealticket to milk until now.

Then, it was 1996 at the MTV Music Awards which led to us all getting rammed in the rump by Ed and his band of misfits with a full frontal VHIII assault.

Fast Forward to now, and i'd swear i LOATH Hagar more for re-joining than i did when he first hung his diaper at 5150.

I cannot stand Ed's work after Dave. His playing lacked fire, still does, and the only thing missing is the match that lights that fire.
    A match named Diamond David Lee Roth, baby...........

Gulf Coaster
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Bill Lumbergh
    ARound here, they play absolutely NO Van Hagar! They do play a few Sammy solo tunes though........wonder how many people drive right off the road due to this. Oh, to be an Australian so I wouldnt have to even hear 1 second of that drivel!
    My favorite station here in town has started playing all that Van Hagar bullshit while raving at how well the tour is doing.
    I called the station and asked why the format change to support a band that is getting shit reviews and playing sub-par LIVE?

The dude tells me that he hasn't heard or seen any bad reviews, lol.

I swear man, until a week ago i had never heard a Van Hagar song on this station and he offered no explanation as to why now.

Back to CD's when i drive until this afterbirth flows through this town.

Gulf Coaster
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Here

Send them some facts and reviews of the show, or just to give them a dose of Roth Army Un-Hospitality for being Sheep in the Van Halen scheme of things.

There is power in numbers, and they are definately walking in the dark on this Tour.

WTUE-Dayton, Ohio

Got Hagar?
    Full On Cocktard

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Actually, I hate Tom Foolery the Fool and the Denver Broncos more than Van Hagar.

∞ SHEEP PEN GYPSY
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I never even THOUGHT about Spammy Hagar before he joined up with the SISTERS and MIKEY. And when he got the boot in 1996, he dropped off the radar again. Who CARES about this guy? NOBODY apparently. Just couldn't/can't STAND the guy mouthin' off like he had ANYTHING to do with the success of the MIGHTY VAN HALEN. The combination of SPAMMY, EVH, SHEMP, and MIKEY was/is possibly the most UNDERACHIEVING lineup in rock history. They had a incredibly HIGH mark to shoot for, so instead they choose to aim low to NOT HAVE TO compete with the VAN HALEN legacy!!!

Last edited by Matt White; 08-29-2004 at 11:24 AM.

rob100
    I never liked Sam, but I always thought that hating the guy was a little unfair. Thought he was just very little talented.

In January of this year I read an interview with him in Classic Rock, in which he's trying to make a fool out of Roth (Dave is bald, I sold more albums, etc.)
    Again, I didn't like Sam, but I thought he acted the way he did because of frustration and jealousy of Roth. I almost felt sorry for him.

Until I bought the Van Halen Video Hits Vol. 1 this weekend. In America you probably have seen these video's a lot in the '80's and early '90's. For me, most of them I never saw before.

Seeing Sammy in When It's Love, right after the brilliant Hot For Teacher, made my stomach turn around three times. Man, this guy made me throw up all over my couch. The way he moves and tries to act like a rockstar is pathetic. The interaction with Eddie in these video's, you know, the supposed-to-be-spontaneous- smiling-and hugging- is 100% GAY all over the place. Comparing the classic video's with the Van Hager video's is like comparing Baywatch to gay-porn. The way he licks his fingers in Poundcake...disgusting little guy.

I hate Sammy Hagar.

Crazy Ass Mofo

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Gene is the exception to the rule.

Jews historically are great writers.

Fuck Gene!!!!

When the music and songs are a bi-product of your business......well, it comes off insincere. (and it is)

The attraction to VH was the uniqueness.

Sam never brought anything NEW to music. He just packaged it - and you bought it TOM FOOLERY.

and you are a fool.

Fretting Machine
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Well, I haven't heard Spam's solo material that much... so that makes Van Hagar the object of hatred for me.
    Why settle for something you have, if it's not as good as something you're out to get?

Quote Originally Posted by Seshmeister View Post
    It's like putting up a YouTube of Bach and playing Chopstix on your Bontempi...

Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Which do you hate more cancer or the fact that you die from it?. I just try to stay alive and hope for the cure and hope that it is not to long gone

Thread Information