X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vhfan010
    Groupie
    • Jun 2004

Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

Since Van Halen is able to be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of fame does that mean that Dave, Sammy and Gary will be on stage at one time with Michael, Eddie and Alex? If so, it will be disturbing cause Sammy and Gary contributed not even half decent stuff. But it should be just Dave cause with out him, VH wouldn't even be where it is today.
  • Warham
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Mar 2004

I guess the Hall decides which members are to be inducted. So they may not induct Sammy or Gary, if they don't deem it necessary. All original members are inducted...after that, it's up to them.

Comment

• Matt White
      • Jun 2004

Right! I mean Fleetwood Mac could have had like 40 people on stage! Instead they went with the most succesful (commercial) lineup+ the bands founder Peter Green. So, with any luck, we'll be spared the sight of Van Hagar or Gary looking all pensive and thoughtful next to DAVE.

Comment

• moose
        Veteran
        • Mar 2004

The ? is, with all the bs over the last 20yrs, "will they be inducted"?

Comment

• 5150Clown
          Head Fluffer
          • Mar 2004

Man...I would hope they would make an exception to everything when it comes time for this. Play 4 songs live...2 with Dave, 2 with Spam. We know which songs will be the best ones!

If Ed does this and does not invite Dave, this will be the last straw for ALL the fans. End then in the speach, you know Al & Ed will downplay the early years. Will they let Dave on the mic during the acceptance speach?
          "If Eddie & Dave would put asside their egos, Aerosmith would have to give up their tittle of the 'Greatest American Rock Band'"

Comment

• rustoffa
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Jan 2004

I'm expecting the worst.

Comment

• DeadOrAlive
              Veteran
              • Jul 2004

Prince is in the Hall of Fame! It's all a bunch of BS!

Comment

• vhfan010
                Groupie
                • Jun 2004

I cant believe Prince out of all people are in there. Not all shor t people should be in there. Which is why sammy shouldn't, just Dave.

Comment

• Warham
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Mar 2004

Prince deserves to be there. His career has produced enough influence and chart success to be considered HOF worthy, if you will.

He also hasn't pulled as much shit as VH has, which doesn't help them.

Comment

• Figs
                    Crazy Ass Mofo
                    • Jun 2004

Originally posted by 5150Clown
                    Man...I would hope they would make an exception to everything when it comes time for this. Play 4 songs live...2 with Dave, 2 with Spam. We know which songs will be the best ones!

If Ed does this and does not invite Dave, this will be the last straw for ALL the fans. End then in the speach, you know Al & Ed will downplay the early years. Will they let Dave on the mic during the acceptance speach?

Oh, the whole thing will be a fucking mess. I hope it happens! Fists might fly!

Comment

• steve
                      Sniper
                      • Feb 2004

Van Halen will push for the band to be inducted as it CURRENTLY is...
                      Ed and his sister will try to bar Dave from being there...they are two ANGRY bastards.

I will be protesting outside.

Hello Cleveland!!

Comment

• twonabomber
                        formerly F A T
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

i'll be inside, booing if Sammy gets up onstage.
                        Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Warham
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Mar 2004

It doesn't matter if VH bars Dave, if they get elected, he's in with them.

Eddie can moan and groan all he wants. They are either going in with Dave, or no VH at all.

Comment

• Figs
                            Crazy Ass Mofo
                            • Jun 2004

I'd be for that! I got friends in Cleveland, good excuse for a road trip!

Comment

• DLRismydad
                              Groupie
                              • Apr 2004

the van hagar version will probably be inducted

Comment

Working...