X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Roth kills Sam
    Foot Soldier
    • Mar 2004

Originally posted by bluedog
    The way chooses to live his life is his business. His actions without a guitar don't really interest me.
    Some of EVH's actions without a guitar include his continuous decisions to disrespect & manipulate the fans, destroy DLR's credibility, make REALLY POOR music, and ruin the VH legacy.

The DLRarmy is certainly interested

Comment

• turboblues

Ed's not the first talented guy that is self-destructive. Most of them die at a young age, so the legacy is kept...
      (That said, I've heard rumors that Ed died in 1985)

Comment

• 5150Clown
        Head Fluffer
        • Mar 2004

I've heard stories of Eddie refusing to sign autographs in the past. He even spoke about some dude interupting his dinner. Whatever.
        "If Eddie & Dave would put asside their egos, Aerosmith would have to give up their tittle of the 'Greatest American Rock Band'"

Comment

• ROTHandRoll
          Groupie
          • Jul 2004

Originally posted by bluedog
          All jokes aside, Ed is still 1/4 of the greatest rock band in the history of rock bands - VH (band conception - 1985). And I'd venture to guess that for the guitars players that visit this forum, he is the primary reason that 99% of us picked up a guitar. Hell, Eruption changed my life! He maybe self-destructive - but damn, he changed the way people played rock guitar. He is significant and relevant, even to this day. And he has imade an mpact on the evolution, development and perpetuation of modern music. The way chooses to live his life is his business. His actions without a guitar don't really interest me.
          Yeah, I eulogize about the guy everyday even though he's still alive---almost.

Comment

• ROTHandRoll
            Groupie
            • Jul 2004

Originally posted by 5150Clown
            I've heard stories of Eddie refusing to sign autographs in the past. He even spoke about some dude interupting his dinner. Whatever.
            What about the dickhead interupting the dinner guests in the restaurant by spalshing them w/ water? Chalk that up as another hypocritical thing Ed has done/said.

Comment

• degüello
              Sniper
              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Roth kills Sam
              Some of EVH's actions without a guitar include his continuous decisions to disrespect & manipulate the fans, destroy DLR's credibility, make REALLY POOR music, and ruin the VH legacy...
              Who really gives a fuck?.

He still was a major part of creating the Mighty Six classic VH albums. That's all that will ever really matter.
              "What we've been doing, which is great and certainly cost saving, is I train in the sand pit in McDonald's. I do a few laps. I go through the tunnel a few times. The kids don't mind if I smoke. Plus, when I'm done, lunch is right there."- DLR 2003

Comment

• GAR
                Banned
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Panamark
                Can Ed still use a pen ?? Seems like he has trouble with the guitar :p
                I for one am GLAD - fucking G L A D Ed doesn't sign stuff because I'm tired of seeing descriptions on eBay like "EVH's Own Personal BIRDCAGE SKATEBOARD"..

I wouldn't sign shit neither, I mean if his pinky and ring finger has so much numbness that he can't even HOLD the pen, well then - he probabilly should reserve every ounce of strength in his picking hand tendons to play and leave it at that.

Comment

• smaz
                  Commando
                  • Mar 2004

Originally posted by turboblues
                  Ed's not the first talented guy that is self-destructive. Most of them die at a young age, so the legacy is kept...
                  (That said, I've heard rumors that Ed died in 1985)
                  I think you'll find that it's Van Halen that died in 1985.
                  Last edited by smaz; 08-13-2004, 05:44 PM.
                  Moving webhosts & will be making changes to the picture hosting - watch this space..

Comment

• Roth kills Sam
                    Foot Soldier
                    • Mar 2004

Originally posted by degüello
                    Who really gives a fuck?.

He still was a major part of creating the Mighty Six classic VH albums. That's all that will ever really matter.

That's all that will ever really matter... to you, since you have Sammy

Comment

• Matt White
                      • Jun 2004

I still think that EVH would have signed a Colt '45 can for the lil' slugger! Ya KNOW that he had one handy!!!!

Comment

• ashstralia
                        ROTH ARMY ELITE
                        • Feb 2004

Originally posted by smaz
                        I think you'll find that it's Van Halen that died in 1985.
                        good one, smaz

Comment

• ashstralia
                          ROTH ARMY ELITE
                          • Feb 2004

and lms2, your thoughts
                          were very insightful,
                          i read 'em, and i thank you.
                          you're probably very close to the truth.

Comment

• dstanzler
                            Full On Cocktard
                            • Aug 2004

Just saw them two nights ago

Eddie's still got it, but he looks like a broken man.

Two nights ago he cried on stage during a 25 minute solo.

He cried when they all took a bow.

And in the front row [sneaked down] Eddie could barely be heard saying "Thanks" on the mic.

If you ask me the guy loves his fans but he's hurting inside and doesn't know why.

Maybe its becuase the fans bitched him out about choosing Sammy over Dave. Maybe its just so damn uplifting to rock so hard.

BUt then you have to ask yourself, why would it be about Dave? They clearly respect each other, hell according to EVH, he "loves the guy." They only played two Dave songs too...Ain't Talkin' Bout Love, and Panama [which by the way, Sammy doesn't wail at either]

As far as autographs go...

Same kind of thing happened to me...well with Ed and Al.

I threw my converse on stage during "Balance" and finally, Sammy signed it [12 songs later during the encore: "You Really Got Me."]

Michael only walked around a bit, but he would have signed them.

I just figured because Eddie drives the band, and never puts down his gituar, nor dances or jumps, that he just didn't have the time to. Same with Al.

Sammy and Michael are huge sell outs though. My girlfriend and I (we're 18) were standing behind a couple (late 40's) that had purchased the $500/person package and had met the band earlier. Everytime the wife or the guy would wave or say something to Michael or Sammy, they'd come forward, high-five, whisper etc.

Sammy did just about everything the people who paid for those really expensive tickets wanted him to do. Hell, he even smoked a joint... wow. Cool. NOT.

DAVE > Sammy

And I say rock on...
                            Dave

Comment

• degüello
                              Sniper
                              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Roth kills Sam
                              That's all that will ever really matter... to you, since you have Sammy
                              What the fuck are you talking about?
                              "What we've been doing, which is great and certainly cost saving, is I train in the sand pit in McDonald's. I do a few laps. I go through the tunnel a few times. The kids don't mind if I smoke. Plus, when I'm done, lunch is right there."- DLR 2003

Comment

• Roth kills Sam
                                Foot Soldier
                                • Mar 2004

Originally posted by degüello
                                What the fuck are you talking about?
                                Let's make this perfectly clear:

Your face/Sammy's lap

Comment

Working...