Thread: Ed The Dick?

Roadie
    Member No
    Last Online
    12-04-2009 @ 05:47 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Ed The Dick?

Interesting story for everyone. My friend was on a flight back from CA. and got to chatting with the guy and his kid in the next seat. Seems the guy is a huge VH fan and took his son and his nephew to a show. Apparently he had real good seats somewhere in the first 5 rows. Anyway, a young in the row ahead of him had a skateboard with no wheels done up like Ed's guitar. Sometime during the show he handed it to Sammy along with a sharpie and Sammy signed it. Sam then handed it to Mike and he signed it as well. Mike then gave it to Ed. Ed paused, looked back at Al, and then handed it back to Sam. unsigned. Neither Ed or Al signed it. Very lame.
    As Dave would say, "something very weird is going up on Howdy Doody mountain". Maybe Ed is really sick and does not want people cashing in on his death with there memorabilia. Strange. I am curious to
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

©Ramblings by Rogue® Inc.
    Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    06-20-2009 @ 08:02 PM
    RogueHorseman® resides at the scenic Double Cross Ranch in sunny Riveria Paradise
    Status
    Thanks

Well, there has been some speculation along those lines with Ed being all emotional, crying during shows and seemingly doing harmful things without care (the heavy drinking/smoking/pills, etc.) but who really knows...

Perhaps the most compelling argument for it is the fact that Val allowed Wolfie to essentially tour with Ed all summer while knowing full well exactly what all he was going to be exposed to along side dear old dad.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

I heard ya missed us...
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    12-03-2009 @ 07:33 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by MUSICMAN64
    Interesting story for everyone. My friend was on a flight back from CA. and got to chatting with the guy and his kid in the next seat. Seems the guy is a huge VH fan and took his son and his nephew to a show. Apparently he had real good seats somewhere in the first 5 rows. Anyway, a young in the row ahead of him had a skateboard with no wheels done up like Ed's guitar. Sometime during the show he handed it to Sammy along with a sharpie and Sammy signed it. Sam then handed it to Mike and he signed it as well. Mike then gave it to Ed. Ed paused, looked back at Al, and then handed it back to Sam. unsigned. Neither Ed or Al signed it. Very lame.
    As Dave would say, "something very weird is going up on Howdy Doody mountain". Maybe Ed is really sick and does not want people cashing in on his death with there memorabilia. Strange. I am curious to
    All joking aside, I hope Ed's ok, healthwise. I'd prefer it that he didn't sign it 'cause he's a dick instead of your theory....

Roadie
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

ME TOO.

Beer Drinker&Hell Raiser
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    12-29-2023 @ 11:01 PM
    Status
    Thanks

It was probably due to Ed's obsessive problem with anybody using the signature stripes pattern.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-10-2024 @ 10:20 AM
    Status
    Thanks

I could see Ed's behavior as a sign that he's on his deathbed.

NO BOZOS
    Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-07-2008 @ 04:51 PM
    Status
    Thanks

You know...if he was, he'd probably tell us all to F-Off and he'd not go on tour anymore.

A better man would do a final tour with both Sam & Dave. Ofcourse, that will never happen with all that hatred in your heart towards one man and one man alone. How can you live in peace while hating someone? But I guess the way they got back wtih Sammy explains it. No apologies...just ignore the offenses. How can you do that? You have to answer to what you've done. You have to find atonment. Otherwise, that can of warms was just shut with a paper towel that can easily fly away.

Who knows...maybe it is true. Ed's gonna die and that's why they rushed the tour. But still....why so much hatred towards Dave? Are we adults or what? Did Dave screw Val infront of Ed? Dang...cause this guy hates man. He's a hater. So much for all his counceling and mediation crap he's been doing. 12 step prgram EDDIE!!!

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I think Al hates Dave more than the other two combined.

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    RogueHorseman® resides at the scenic Double Cross Ranch in sunny Riveria Paradise
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by Warham
    I think Al hates Dave more than the other two combined.
    Me too.

Ed was ready to work with Dave (and did) just a few years ago.

This tour, for whatever reasons the four have vested (and each need/want the moolah for different reasons), is nothing but a one-op money grab.

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Plus, not to excuse his past comments so much, but Ed has NOT had negative comments about Dave that I've seen since those sessions a few years ago.

In fact, he said he "actually loves the guy" and was more than open to working with Dave but "the lawyers screwed it up".
    Last edited by RogueHorseman; 08-12-2004 at 04:24 PM.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Good thing too, 'cause Dave would get fucked over somehow if he didn't have a contract signed by Ed and Al.

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    11-24-2009 @ 09:21 PM
    Status
    Thanks

As I prefer never to wish ill on anyone, I'd like to tone down the deathbed talk (feel free to disagree). I'd prefer to wait and see what it is. I would like to assume that after the cancer, having part of my tongue removed and my wife leaving me, combined with the stress of running a mid-sized corporation (which VH is, generating millions a year whether or not they are doing anything), that it is more a case of Ed's old demons coming out.

Let's hope he can tame them, as I wish him a long and happy life.

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by Warham
    Good thing too, 'cause Dave would get fucked over somehow if he didn't have a contract signed by Ed and Al.
    Exactly.

Dave is no dummy.

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by Big Train
    As I prefer never to wish ill on anyone, I'd like to tone down the deathbed talk (feel free to disagree). I'd prefer to wait and see what it is. I would like to assume that after the cancer, having part of my tongue removed and my wife leaving me, combined with the stress of running a mid-sized corporation (which VH is, generating millions a year whether or not they are doing anything), that it is more a case of Ed's old demons coming out.

I agree, Train.

I really wish for the best.

But, the speculation is out there and there is reason for it.

I heard ya missed us...
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    12-03-2009 @ 07:33 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by Big Train

Originally posted by RogueHorseman
    I agree, Train.

I really wish for the best.

But, the speculation is out there and there is reason for it.
    There's the spirit.....I agree wholeheartedly with you guys. Love 'em or not, I wouldn't wish anything bad to Sam, Ed, Al or Mike.....especially healthwise. And Dave didn't either. Despite all the crap that went on in 1999, Dave still gave Ed all his father's medical connections in L.A. for him to be treated, and was quoted as saying 'You can lick this (Cancer), champ'.

Oh I'm sorry, Hagarita Hog Swills.....where was YOUR hero when EVH was at his worst in '99??

Yeah yeah.....defense rests your honour....no further questions.

Case dismissed.

Is it any wonder
    Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-14-2011 @ 04:14 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Hmmm I just thought about why Ed chose Sammy. Didn't Sammy say 'Ed, if what you two are doing is better than anything we can do, I'll blow you both!' when Ed n Dave met up? Well Sammy owed them two a blowjob each, but Dave would have declined. Ed took it up after getting too drunk, loved it and signed Sam in return for more. Maybe........

lms2
    How many of you have posted about Spam being such an ass for signing autographs through the whole show...and saying that is not a rock show. Its a meet and greet.

If you sign one, why not sign em all. Because you cant. Spam can sign more than Ed cause Spam dont sing with his hands. Mikey's justs a nice guy.

I met Johnny Cash when I was four years old. All my sisters were getting autographs from all the stars leaving the show... but not me. I was way to shy. Johnny stopped and talked to me. He gave me a little talk about how stars dont really like to sign autographs for people. It makes them feel used. And no matter how many you sign, someone is going to go away unhappy because they didn't get theirs. Is it worth breaking the hearts of 5000 who didn't get something signed to make 50 happy because you did. Are the 50 who got an autograph any more special to the stars than the millions of fans who didn't even make it to the show? To this day, I will not ask for an autograph. Just a wink and a smile. The autograph will get lost or sold or thrown away or forgotten... the memory of sharing a special moment with that person lasts forever.

I guess its really a question of values.

∞ SHEEP PEN GYPSY
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-25-2024 @ 06:27 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,031 Times in 685 Posts

EVH would have signed a can of COLT '45 for the kid!!!!

:bottle:

lms2
    disagree

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-01-2014 @ 09:03 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Can Ed still use a pen ?? Seems like he has trouble with the guitar :p

Groupie
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-20-2007 @ 12:47 AM
    Status
    Thanks

With all the Schlitz and Ripple Ed has consumed I bet he can write his name in the snow. Try selling that on E-Bay!!

Diamond Mike
    Groupie

Member No
    Last Online
    06-21-2007 @ 11:03 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Maybe Eddie should pay a nice visit to Dr. Phil for some help

∞ SHEEP PEN GYPSY
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Thumbs down

EVH should work on culltivatin' a PERSONALITY first of all!!!!! THEN, try practicing playin' the DAMN guitar for a change! UNBELIEVEABLE that the guy goes out on the road and CAN BARELY PLAY HIS OWN SOLOS!!!! I'm startin' to think the people at RS knew someting everybody else didn't about EVH. HE's washed up. STICK THE FORK IN< HE'S DONE!!!!!

Vamos dar um jeito!
    Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    06-30-2015 @ 04:33 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Ed's self-destruction is in the advanced stages.

Princess of Darkness
    Groupie
    Member No
    Last Online
    05-26-2005 @ 11:35 AM
    Status
    Thanks

All I can say is that it's sad how Eddie acts, that was very pig-headed of him. Fuckin' asshole, but who else is like him?:confused: :bottle: :p

Beleaguered VH Fan
    Full On Cocktard

Member No
    Last Online
    11-07-2014 @ 04:17 PM
    Status
    Thanks

All jokes aside, Ed is still 1/4 of the greatest rock band in the history of rock bands - VH (band conception - 1985). And I'd venture to guess that for the guitars players that visit this forum, he is the primary reason that 99% of us picked up a guitar. Hell, Eruption changed my life! He maybe self-destructive - but damn, he changed the way people played rock guitar. He is significant and relevant, even to this day. And he has imade an mpact on the evolution, development and perpetuation of modern music. The way chooses to live his life is his business. His actions without a guitar don't really interest me.

∞ SHEEP PEN GYPSY
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by bluedog
    He is significant and relevant, even to this day.
    The way chooses to live his life is his business. His actions without a guitar don't really interest me.
    I'm not LOSING any sleep over EVH and his destructive idiosyncrasies!!!! BUt it is FACT that his self-abusive ways have affectted his musical performances on this tour. For a music veteran of 26+ (professionaly) he knows better and OWES his fans much more than a SHIT-FACED performance. So he can save his sanctimonious attitude for his legions of lemmings who still consider him "relevant" when the VAST majority of his fans have left his "current" work in the trash where it belongs.

Beer Drinker&Hell Raiser
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

All jokes aside, Ed is still 1/4 of the greatest rock band in the history of rock bands - VH (band conception - 1985). And I'd venture to guess that for the guitars players that visit this forum, he is the primary reason that 99% of us picked up a guitar. Hell, Eruption changed my life! He maybe self-destructive - but damn, he changed the way people played rock guitar. He is significant and relevant, even to this day. And he has imade an mpact on the evolution, development and perpetuation of modern music. The way chooses to live his life is his business. His actions without a guitar don't really interest me.

Well said.

Roadie
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

THATS DEAD ON MR. WHITE. WELL SAID.

THE SHEEP PEN
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:52 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Ed's not sick. They make a big enough deal about how he beat cancer. He keeps saying it himself in like every interview. "I beat cancer," Ed declared between long puffs of a cigarette.

your mom
    Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    08-24-2004 @ 09:25 PM
    Status
    Thanks

The way chooses to live his life is his business. His actions without a guitar don't really interest me.
    Some of EVH's actions without a guitar include his continuous decisions to disrespect & manipulate the fans, destroy DLR's credibility, make REALLY POOR music, and ruin the VH legacy.

The DLRarmy is certainly interested

turboblues
    Ed's not the first talented guy that is self-destructive. Most of them die at a young age, so the legacy is kept...
    (That said, I've heard rumors that Ed died in 1985)

NO BOZOS
    Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-07-2008 @ 04:51 PM
    Status
    Thanks

I've heard stories of Eddie refusing to sign autographs in the past. He even spoke about some dude interupting his dinner. Whatever.

Groupie
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Yeah, I eulogize about the guy everyday even though he's still alive---almost.

Groupie
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by 5150Clown
    I've heard stories of Eddie refusing to sign autographs in the past. He even spoke about some dude interupting his dinner. Whatever.
    What about the dickhead interupting the dinner guests in the restaurant by spalshing them w/ water? Chalk that up as another hypocritical thing Ed has done/said.

Beer Drinker&Hell Raiser
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by Roth kills Sam
    Some of EVH's actions without a guitar include his continuous decisions to disrespect & manipulate the fans, destroy DLR's credibility, make REALLY POOR music, and ruin the VH legacy...
    Who really gives a fuck?.

He still was a major part of creating the Mighty Six classic VH albums. That's all that will ever really matter.

Banned
    132dB's At Your Service

Member No
    Last Online
    05-21-2013 @ 07:57 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Originally posted by Panamark
    Can Ed still use a pen ?? Seems like he has trouble with the guitar :p
    I for one am GLAD - fucking G L A D Ed doesn't sign stuff because I'm tired of seeing descriptions on eBay like "EVH's Own Personal BIRDCAGE SKATEBOARD"..

I wouldn't sign shit neither, I mean if his pinky and ring finger has so much numbness that he can't even HOLD the pen, well then - he probabilly should reserve every ounce of strength in his picking hand tendons to play and leave it at that.

Is it any wonder
    Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-14-2011 @ 04:14 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by turboblues
    Ed's not the first talented guy that is self-destructive. Most of them die at a young age, so the legacy is kept...
    (That said, I've heard rumors that Ed died in 1985)
    I think you'll find that it's Van Halen that died in 1985.
    Last edited by smaz; 08-13-2004 at 05:44 PM.

your mom
    Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    08-24-2004 @ 09:25 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by degüello
    Who really gives a fuck?.

He still was a major part of creating the Mighty Six classic VH albums. That's all that will ever really matter.

That's all that will ever really matter... to you, since you have Sammy

∞ SHEEP PEN GYPSY
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Thumbs up

I still think that EVH would have signed a Colt '45 can for the lil' slugger! Ya KNOW that he had one handy!!!!

Thread Information