Army Bartender
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-21-2021 @ 06:04 PM
    Status
    Thanks

book about ed van halen

in 1977 right before elvis died his fired bodyguards joe esposito and some other wrote the book "elvis, what happened"...do you think somebody from the VH-camp will ever write the book "eddie, what happened" and tell all the little secrets about drugs, booze, beating up valerie, betty ford clinic, therapie and homo sex between brothers?
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

The Don: Roth Army Militi
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    02-17-2024 @ 10:50 AM
    Status
    Thanks

You know what it'll be:

Michael Anthony: Being Alex & Eddie's Bitch (the story from the inside)
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Army Bartender
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

but there must be a lot of people like security guys or studio employees or whoever is around who know a lot about the truth...

but while I write about it I wonder if all the van halen soap opera is relevant enough nowadays that somebody would print that book...

The Don: Roth Army Militi
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    02-17-2024 @ 10:50 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra
    but there must be a lot of people like security guys or studio employees or whoever is around who know a lot about the truth...

but while I write about it I wonder if all the van halen soap opera is relevant enough nowadays that somebody would print that book...
    This is true. If your talking about the book coming out after Ed's death, then the chances are the book will sell like hot cakes. It sounds morbid, but there's nothing like death for re-launching a faded rock stars career.

Gimme head till I'm dead
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    01-03-2021 @ 04:33 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Maybe a comic book.....

Army Bartender
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

this is already available... www.crankfarm.com

Groupie
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-20-2007 @ 12:47 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Possible titles:

-Talking Through Both Sides of His Mouth: The True EVH Storie(s)

-From the Inside (of Mike's Ass): The Story of VH Debauchary from the Band's Bitch

-Screwing The Fans: EVH

-The Fellatio Chronicles: Ed and Alex's Steamy Romance (dedicated to Brett and his flock)

Is it any wonder
    Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-14-2011 @ 04:14 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Maybe Wolfgang would do it.... But it would have to come from Ed to be of any interest. Somebody else could write it about what happened, the stories, the facts, the events, but only Ed could say why, what he thought, etc. and thats the part we want to know. A security guard could write: Dave left in 1985. Ed could write: Dave left in 1985 because I said............. I did................. or even I didn't do............

Army Bartender
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by smaz
    Maybe Wolfgang would do it.... But it would have to come from Ed to be of any interest. Somebody else could write it about what happened, the stories, the facts, the events, but only Ed could say why, what he thought, etc. and thats the part we want to know. A security guard could write: Dave left in 1985. Ed could write: Dave left in 1985 because I said............. I did................. or even I didn't do............
    I want to know the dirt behing the scenes...the fist fights in the studio...when they had to carry al to the betty ford rehab...maybe ted templeman could tell...ed could say why? no way...ed can't remember shit...dave wrote in his book that ed was upset when dave released his EP "crazy from the heat". ed said that he didn't know about dave's plan to do a solo record. dave said "but I told you..." and ed replied "but I can't remember"...

I buy that story 100%

Is it any wonder
    Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Hmmmm..... I suppose it would have to be written by a trusted source. None of the band could write it, stories towards Dave would be over exaggereated to make him sound bad and anything that might make them look bad would be watered down or even skipped. 'I can't remember that part....'.

Army Bartender
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by smaz
    Hmmmm..... I suppose it would have to be written by a trusted source. None of the band could write it, stories towards Dave would be over exaggereated to make him sound bad and anything that might make them look bad would be watered down or even skipped. 'I can't remember that part....'.
    at least you would not read words like "I don't say that I'm mr not guilty" like dave did in CFTH...he admitted that he he had his bad moments, too...the sisters would never have that class...

Is it any wonder
    Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

The other thing is they migh make Classic VH one chapter and everything after the rest of the book. They wouldn't do anything that would relate them with Dave these days. Also, true, the sisters wouldn't admit to making mistakes.

Army Bartender
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I could imagine a book written by al and ed not mentioning dave at all...

Is it any wonder
    Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I think they'd wanna bash him as much as they can. But I can see that too lol.

lms2
    If such a book did come out, no matter what it said, you guys would find something to bitch about regarding that book.

You would all:

A. Deny wanting anything to do with the book while you are secretly reading it every night.

B. Say everything in it is a lie, and that he only published it because he is desperate for money.

C. Insist that the only reason anyone who was stupid enough to buy the book did so to see how badly Dave was treated in it.

Army Bartender
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by lms2
    If such a book did come out, no matter what it said, you guys would find something to bitch about regarding that book.

You would all:

A. Deny wanting anything to do with the book while you are secretly reading it every night.

B. Say everything in it is a lie, and that he only published it because he is desperate for money.

C. Insist that the only reason anyone who was stupid enough to buy the book did so to see how badly Dave was treated in it.
    you got me wrong...as we all know that the sisters are either notorious liars or way off reality (I suppose they are both) I don't want a book by them...I want an insider...somebody who's with the band for most of the time...that would be interesting...

lms2
    The fantasy is always better than the reality. If there were that much dirt, you have to wonder why there have not already been more stories published.

I especially wonder that about Dave. With as much as that guy gets around, you would think more people would be willing to talk.

Sadly, most of that will, and perhaps should, remain a mystery.

Army Bartender
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I know it's dangerous to start a post with "sam said"...but in an interview right after the split he said that the VH management was very busy to make the press not report that val called the police because ed was beating her and more things like that...so there is one reason that some stories never saw the light...

lms2
    Val is far from destitute...and though I am sure they have had their problems, you don't necessarily have to beat someone to get a domestic abuse charge. If it were that bad, I can't see Valerie staying in it. How many big brothers does she have to look out for her?

Ain't ya ever been with a woman who just asked for it though. Even if she was kicking/hitting/scratching/biting whatver Ed, if he so much as pushed her away, that could result in a charge.

Roth Army Recruit

Member No
    Last Online
    08-20-2004 @ 05:05 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Re: book about ed van halen

in 1977 right before elvis died his fired bodyguards joe esposito and some other wrote the book "elvis, what happened"...do you think somebody from the VH-camp will ever write the book "eddie, what happened" and tell all the little secrets about drugs, booze, beating up valerie, betty ford clinic, therapie and homo sex between brothers?

HAHAHHA homo sex between brothers. Lol

∞ SHEEP PEN GYPSY
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-25-2024 @ 06:27 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,031 Times in 685 Posts

Ain't ya ever been with a woman who just asked for it though. Even if she was kicking/hitting/scratching/biting whatver Ed, if he so much as pushed her away, that could result in a charge.
    ANY guy who hits a broad is a PUSSY. End of story.

Army Bartender
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by Matt White
    ANY guy who hits a broad is a PUSSY. End of story.
    ed's a pussy...

Roadie

Member No
    Last Online
    09-09-2010 @ 01:15 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Let's be honest. Val would kick Eddie's ass if he tried to hit her.

I heard ya missed us...
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    12-03-2009 @ 07:33 PM
    Status
    Thanks

There WAS a book written about the entire ordeal.

Read the book 'Crazy From The Heat' by one 'David Lee Roth'.

Specifically the chapter entitled 'Reunion Blues'.

rob100
    Originally posted by DLR_EngineRoom
    There WAS a book written about the entire ordeal.

Read the book 'Crazy From The Heat' by one 'David Lee Roth'.

Specifically the chapter entitled 'Reunion Blues'.
    Yes, it gives you a good idea how things work with Van Halen. Alex is in it for the money and hates Roth.

Hope there will be a Crazy From The Heat part 2.

Gimme head till I'm dead
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    01-03-2021 @ 04:33 PM
    Status
    Thanks

You would all:

I dont see it that way at all...... I would wecome the opportunity to read Eds side of things. But if it was a book by him (or approved by him) I'm sure it would mostly be the same negative slant that he emits in interviews, and heavily edited. A fair view from an outsider would be best.

And I dont think that Ed actually thinks of the things he says as lies. In his mind, I'm sure he believes what he says. Most people on this site I sure dont think ANY of these guys are in desperate need of money, at least the amount of money that a book would provide.

And as far as Daves book is concerned (and yes I think his story is the closest to the truth), I've read a ton of rock personality biographies and you can always get a sense of whos telling the closer version of the truth by how much mud-slinging is being done. Dave's book pointedly is very light on his comments on the VH bros as a whole. Basically telling the story without a bunch of personal attacks. In some of the books written on alot of the more well-known rock situations (the Doors come to mind) after reading the different members books (and knowing the storys better after all the years) the ones that sling the most shit are usually the farthest from the real story.

That, and the fact that Dave does ALOT of talking (interviews and otherwise) And he says VERY little bad of the VH bros. And the VH bros do VERY little talking (interviews, ect) and they ALWAYS say bad things about DLR. If you ask me, Thats very telling.......

lms2
    Books being edited... Didn't Dave say his book was cut down quite a bit? Maybe all the parts talking about VH were removed... Besides, Dave doesn't have as much to be bitter about as he is the one that left Van Halen, not the other way around. And finally, when he was with Van Halen, the boys kissed his ass to keep him happy and he got everything his way. With Dave, there is no other way.

Secondly, I don't think any of the above referenced people set out to lie. I think things change...and the more you say, the more words you end up eating.

Dave's book, and Dave's interviews. No, Dave doesn't trash the brothers in his book. He talks about the glory days, which is what people want to hear. His book concentrates on the positive aspects of his life. That is a good thing. Dave is about the party. When you are with Dave, you have a real good, feel good time. But his book, just like his interviews, tells only what he wants you to hear. A carefully orchestrated move to give you a ton of information, and tell you absolutely nothing at all.

Mud slinging...most to hide. EVH is a whiner. His cancer, his hip, his breakup...you hear about it. I am not saying this is a good thing, but its a human thing. Tell me what has happened bad to Dave? Oh yea, that little pot bust. Bull shit. Into every life a little rain must fall. The brothers may lash out about Dave, but they keep his secrets, and he keeps theirs. Just what exactly are they so angry about? now that would make a story worth reading...but thats not gonna happen.

Thread Information