X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Harpua
    Roth Army Recruit
    • Jul 2004

Pro-Roth BOBW review in SPIN

There is a small review of BOBW in the new SPIN magazine (Pixies on front cover). It is largely pro-Roth, although it does give some props to the new tunes. I couldn't find it online, so I didn't include a link, but I'll transcribe it tomorrow if no one beats me to it.
  • Panamark
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

Please do !!
    BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
    Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• Bob_R
      Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Cool
      Talk Classic Rock - The Official Message Board For Classic Rock -- Now on XenForo!

Comment

• bueno bob
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jul 2004

I'm not too sure about the "props to the new songs", but if the review takes an overall pro-Dave approach, all good!
        Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• 5150Clown
          Head Fluffer
          • Mar 2004

Good for Spin. Comes to show that Dave's VH made a huge impact on everyone. Sammy's VH was basically a pop sensation that people basically forgot.
          "If Eddie & Dave would put asside their egos, Aerosmith would have to give up their tittle of the 'Greatest American Rock Band'"

Comment

• vhfan010
            Groupie
            • Jun 2004

samm'y vh wasn't a pop sensation, it was more like a popped zit

Comment

• Harpua
              Roth Army Recruit
              • Jul 2004

As promised, here is the Spin review of BOBW:

This pseudo-best-of plays like Dick Cheney shilling for the Iraq war - history revised to suit a marketing plan. It deliberately misremembers David Lee Roth as a footnote to long-term second-stringer Sammy Hagar, mainly because Hagar's back in the band again. Three decent new cuts add modern sludge riffs and digital voice effects to the usual pop-metal spritz. The rest alternates between catalog tracks from Diamond Dave and the Wham of Sam. Advantage: Roth

Comment

Working...