Thread: VH Suing Orioles

Roth Army Recruit

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

VH Suing Orioles

So, the VH brothers are proving once again they like to screw people over, eh? Now the Orioles. VH sucks.

What a quick way to make a buck, eh Eddie? What a prick. I hate him, I hate his brother, Eddie's screwed up hip, and every singer they ever had except Diamond Dave.

To me, this is par for the course for Eddie and Alex....screw Dave (Me Wise Magic..?...WOW, can't get it unless you buy a stupid collection of your "greatest shhh-hits")...they screwed their fans, and now they are screwing the venues too.....

I hope Van Halen isn't allowed into the R&R hall of fame without recognizing Dave as the original...and in my opinion...ONLY....front man for this band.

I'll never spend a cent on VH ever again.

I'll never forget the way they screwed Roth...and all their fans in the process.

I hope they go down in financial ruin and all they have to drink is that crap Tequila Sammy tries to sell.

And as for you, Sammy...where's your diginity, man?
    They screwed you and now all's forgiven. ??????

Guess I underestimated the power of the almighty dollar...

Sellout.

Anyway...here's the news on the latest of the Van Flailin' antics.....

NASHVILLE (Billboard) - Van Halen is suing the Baltimore Orioles for at least $2 million in damages, charging that the Major League Baseball team reneged on an offer for the band to play a concert Sept. 2 at Oriole Park at Camden Yards.

The suit -- filed Aug. 10 in U.S. District Court in Los Angeles -- states that Orioles director of entertainment Don Mark, under the instruction of Orioles owner Peter Angelos, first contacted Van Halen's reps at the William Morris Agency in mid-April about playing at the stadium. According to the suit, "Van Halen was ambivalent about playing at the time requested by the Orioles," because the band would be performing in the southern United States, and playing Baltimore would "necessitate changing the tour routing previously planned."

The suit also notes that Van Halen was at the time engaged in a tour of mostly arenas, but "the Orioles insisted that they could more than compensate Van Halen for the expense and inconvenience scheduling the concert would cause."

According to court papers, the Orioles around April 27 made an offer in writing for $1 million, which the band rejected. The Orioles came back with an offer of $1.5 million, plus 80% of ticket revenues and 80% of gross merchandise revenues, plus a budget for expenses and a non-compete provision that prohibited Van Halen from performing in other venues in the vicinity of Baltimore.

The papers say that after numerous communications between the parties, Van Halen accepted the offer in mid-June. Van Halen began making preparations for a Sept. 2 concert at Oriole Park; the band claims it terminated any efforts to book another venue in the area, changed the dates of other scheduled concerts and did not pursue other opportunities.

The suit says that the Orioles in mid-July "repudiated the agreement, first by refusing to communicate or cooperate with Van Halen, and then expressly in a letter dated July 26 ... refusing to perform its obligations thereunder."

Mark told Billboard he had "no comment whatsoever" on the Van Halen situation. Van Halen attorney Howard E. King of King, Holmes, Paterno & Berliner in L.A., also declined to comment.

Chaz Rock City
    I'm guessing the Orioles saw had the tour was doing and pulled out. Smart thinking on their part.

Full On Cocktard
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    easy math,
    1.5 mil,cost
    5000 people.

Army Bartender
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Roth-of-Halen
    easy math,
    1.5 mil,cost
    5000 people.
    how about taxes? fees? things get way more expencive than easy math, believe me...
    Roth Army Icon
    First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Full On Cocktard
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Dude, i have no idea of costs in bringing something like V/H to town.
    I do know my own insurance premium's are large enough for a small business.
    However paying V/H 1.5m with Spammy on the mike is suicide.
    Last edited by Roth-of-Halen; 08-20-2004 at 05:39 AM.

EAST COAST
    it sure is funny how the van hagar retard worshipers dont seem to be so vocal these days, for the better part of three weeks. life really sucks when reality knocks on the door, album sales for the new record SUCKS! touring attendance SUCKS! VAN HAGAR SUCKS... ED and ALEX NEED SOME ONE ELSE TO MAKE THEIR DECISIONS, BECAUSE THEY SURE CAN NOT.

Army Bartender
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by EAST COAST
    it sure is funny how the van hagar retard worshipers dont seem to be so vocal these days...
    haven't seen LSD posting his pollstar list for a while...and general herpes seems to be over and out...

not that I miss them that much...

Sheep Pen Barn Boss
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by EAST COAST
    it sure is funny how the van hagar retard worshipers dont seem to be so vocal these days, for the better part of three weeks. life really sucks when reality knocks on the door, album sales for the new record SUCKS! touring attendance SUCKS! VAN HAGAR SUCKS... ED and ALEX NEED SOME ONE ELSE TO MAKE THEIR DECISIONS, BECAUSE THEY SURE CAN NOT.
    you're a fuckin hamster....
    Originally posted by RIKK

Now, tj was indeed a major cunt. Indeed, he probably still is.

EAST COAST
    you are another misguided mental midget, i am ashamed that you live in the same state in which i reside. but fear not my small friend, soon the pain will subside and ed will be told by the powers that be, to get rid of the fat man, the botched experiment is over. and either hide with yor crippled brother, and retire... OR GET ON YOUR KNEES AND BEG THE GRAND TOAST MASTER GENERAL OF THE IMMORAL MAJORITY TO COME BACK AND MAKE VH RELEVANT AGAIN............................. hamster? take it out your ass bitch. stop sharing, its all you baby...

Farm Hand
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    They had a bit on Fox news yesterday about the suit. Small clips of the current tour. Not exactly flattering views. Let's just say that according to the camera, Sammy needs to take off a few pounds. And the audio clip was Unchained from the tour. Awful vocals.

But maybe VH can make more money from the suit than they could actually playing in Baltimore.
    "If anyone came here hoping to hear Sammy Hagar Van Halen, there's the fucking door, man!" Ralph Saenz, Atomic Punks

"Carpe Mammarium"

Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Eddie,

Its not too late to call Dave and get
    the real VH band on tour again.....

Thread Information