Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dave's PA Rental
    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Cool article Chelle...but isnt it hard to believe that Lynch hadnt heard of Eddie Van Halen in 1977? And werent they Van Halen then, not Mammoth? Can I get a ruling from the trivia experts on when they actually changed their name? (so I dont have to dig out my VH Encyclopedia...)
    Maybe this is what a heroine addict feels like after getting a long awaited fix, shooting up in the corner of some abandoned building and just not giving a fuck about what the rest of the world thinks...TATTOO"

Comment

• SoCalChelle
      Veteran
      • Jan 2004

I just re-typed it as it was in the magazine. But it sounds about right to me.
      Formerly Tormented VH Fan
      Facebook: Chelle Marley

Comment

• GAR
        Banned
        • Jan 2004

.. and she broke my wittole ARM

Comment

• Mr. G
          Roadie
          • Jun 2004

Did you guys ever hear Lynch playing on Tony McAlpine's album "Maximum Security"? It was incredible! The are a lot of guys that can copy guitar licks perfecly but George can "create". Steve Vai makes the point that some guys can play Hendrix but they weren't the one's writting it. Big difference. Eddy has that in spades. He should grow a pony tail so he can pull his head out of his ass!

Comment

• AJW
            Head Fluffer
            • Jun 2004

Great story. Thanks for posting it Chelle.

Comment

• ELVIS
              Banned
              • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Mr. G
              Did you guys ever hear Lynch playing on Tony McAlpine's album "Maximum Security"? It was incredible! The are a lot of guys that can copy guitar licks perfecly but George can "create".

I have it...

Awesome guitar!

..but I still prefer Yngwie...

Comment

• Panamark
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
                I have it...

Awesome guitar!

..but I still prefer Yngwie...

Yngwie is better than Lynch. No question.
                BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
                Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• EbDawson
                  Veteran
                  • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Dave's PA Rental
                  And werent they Van Halen then, not Mammoth? Can I get a ruling from the trivia experts on when they actually changed their name? (so I dont have to dig out my VH Encyclopedia...)
                  I'm pretty sure they had already changed their name to Van Halen. They changed it when they began playing clubs instead of just backyard parties. Of course I don't have an actual date but I believe I'm correct. Roth came on board in '74 so this would have been three years later according to the article. I believe I've seen handbills from '76 with Van Halen on them.
                  Last edited by EbDawson; 08-24-2004, 09:12 AM.
                  "If anyone came here hoping to hear Sammy Hagar Van Halen, there's the fucking door, man!" Ralph Saenz, Atomic Punks

"Carpe Mammarium"

Comment

• SoCalChelle
                    Veteran
                    • Jan 2004

Should we write a letter to Guitar World and make them correct it?
                    Formerly Tormented VH Fan
                    Facebook: Chelle Marley

Comment

• EbDawson
                      Veteran
                      • Apr 2004

Originally posted by SoCalChelle
                      Should we write a letter to Guitar World and make them correct it?
                      Let Ed know and he'll sue 'em!
                      "If anyone came here hoping to hear Sammy Hagar Van Halen, there's the fucking door, man!" Ralph Saenz, Atomic Punks

"Carpe Mammarium"

Comment

• Matt White
                        • Jun 2004

I think EVH would DENY ever having played there. Couldn't let the SHEEP know that he USED to have the GREATEST FRONTMAN in ROCK HISTORY in the band at one time. "NAW.....Spammy was there.Yeah...That's the TICKET!!!"

DAVE OR THE GRAVE BABY!!!!

Comment

• darkknight
                          Groupie
                          • Mar 2004

I'd say the year was 76 and not 77. Simmons saw them first in 76. Templeman saw and signed them in 77. I also think they changed their name to Van Halen shortly after Roth joined them in 74 because they discovered another band with the same name.

Comment

Working...