Thread: What should be Dave's next step?

rob100

What should be Dave's next step?

I always hoped for a VH reunion, but I'm not sure if it would work out the way everybody wishes. I mean, with Ed behaving so strange on stage...maybe too much happened.

What would you all like to be Dave's next move:
    Dave reuniting with VH? Or should he record a new album with a new band? Maybe teaming up again with the '86 band? Should he write a book? Become an actor? Talkshow host? Member of the American Idol jury? Something completely different? Everything is possible I guess.

I you had to give an advise, what should Dave do next?

And what would you recommend if you were his manager (besides to follow his own heart and mind, hopefully)?
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

rob100
    Fuck spell check by the way.

guwapo_rocker
    New album with the band he has now.

Gonna hunt somebody down!
    Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    09-27-2016 @ 08:06 PM
    Status
    Thanks

As long as Dave releases something, either with VH or solo, i'll be fuckin happy!!!!!!!!1
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-14-2024 @ 05:59 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,283 Times in 1,501 Posts

Blog Entries
    If a classic reunion is out, Roth should record another album of original rockers, along the lines of the DLR Band CD, but with better quality production values.

If he goes out on the road again solo, he should focus more of his setlist on his solo catalog, and do some Halen stuff other than what would be expected. He took a step in that direction over the last few tours by unearthing Atomic Punk, DOA and such. With the audience size he'd be playing to solo, you can be assured it will be fairly hardcore fans, who'd appreciate something like Dirty Movies or Romeo Delight given an airing live.

Taking a step back from trying to recreate a classic Van Halen show with what is essentially a Halen tribute band at this point (Luzier has too much talent to be wasted trying to replicate AVH) might not be a bad idea. Don't get me wrong; was great to hear all that stuff again, but his setlist and song selection has become repetitive.

Doing a DJ bit on a morning talk radio show would seem right up his alley. When all I'm hearing on the drive to work these days is one lame-ass, second rate Howard Stern wannabe after another, hearing a program hosted by Roth would be an improvement by default of him simply showing up.

Back in 1996, I was psyched to see him reunite with Van Halen, but the years since seem to have sucked the life and fight outta Ed and Al. They just can't be bothered to even give a semblance of an effort anymore. Think worse than classic VH reuniting would be them getting back together with the shape Ed's in. Would just be embarrassing.

Fabulous Shadow
    Summer tour with DLR band... Fall season on American Idol...
    Induction into RnR Hall Of Fame with VH... Then... VH Fair Well Tour
    ...Just you wait and see...

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-17-2005 @ 07:33 PM
    Status
    Thanks

HE SHOULD NEVER GO BACK

If I were Dave I would not go back to VH no matter what. He doesn't need the money and his solo band is fantastic. He should do at least one more balls out rock album and tour behind it. If VH is inducted into the RNRHOFame and Dave is there (I wouldn't be surprised if VH tried to keep him from appearing) Dave should walk up there and thank all of the fans for everything and immediately walk off the stage. Not angrily or anything, just calmly walk off the stage. Dave shouldn't have anything to do with those fucksticks in my opinion. All they have done for almost 20 years is try and diminish Roth's incredible impact on VH and the rock world. He should just do his own thing. He doesn't need VH to make money and walk around like the legend he already is.

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    06-21-2011 @ 11:41 AM
    Status
    Thanks

as Dave says 'VH is not a just a chapter it's the whole book', I don't care about Van Hagar or Dave solo career ; I want a Classic VH reunion !!! (2005???)

DAVE & ED OR THE GRAVE

The Man
    Full On Cocktard

Member No
    Last Online
    10-27-2005 @ 04:58 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Hahah. These posts are great.

Thread Information